LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

windsor
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by windsor » June 4th, 2015, 8:16 am

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Job vibes for AD that this works out!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » June 4th, 2015, 9:15 am

Sending Job Vibes for AD :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » June 4th, 2015, 9:22 am

DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:Keep Shaquille Powell's Little Brother, Malachi Briggs in your prayers. He has inoperable Stage IV cancer. So sad. :pray: :pray:
http://www.gofundme.com/TeamMalachiBriggs

Continued Prayers for Shaq's Little Brother, Malachi :pray:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 4th, 2015, 4:13 pm

AD, can hardly wait for your next post!! :happy-bouncyblue:
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 4th, 2015, 8:41 pm

All they're talking about on the radio here today is Crowder's domestic abuse/ hacked instagram thing. Anybody know anything about this?
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » June 5th, 2015, 5:08 am

Golden State and Stephen Curry won in Overtime of Cleveland Cavs (LeBron and Kyrie Irving). Kyrie went down with his right foot and left knee in Overtime. He went limping off the court. Kyrie played alot of minutes.

Congrats to Golden State on Game 1 and the Big Win.

Get well Kyrie! The Cavs must have Kyrie in the Finals playoffs!
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » June 5th, 2015, 5:15 am

bjornolf wrote:All they're talking about on the radio here today is Crowder's domestic abuse/ hacked instagram thing. Anybody know anything about this?
I am hoping that it is all a hoax. And that Crowder's tweeter or instagram account was hacked into.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » June 5th, 2015, 5:44 am

Just what I've read since seeing your post.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 5th, 2015, 7:16 pm

Nothing much to report. I'll be working on a more educationally-focused version of my CV over the weekend, as per my former boss' request. I've already sent an outline for a proposed course. I'm working as quickly as I can on this so he can move quickly at his end as well. I spoke with the Chicago people and, although I like all of them, I have some serious concerns about the situation. I don't plan to tell them that, though; I want to have options.

MacGyver is prepared to get my current employer into the mix as well. However, realistically speaking, I don't see how they can compete. All in all, based on everything I want to do, I think St. Louis is the place to be. Seriously, everything fits. Top facilities, top resources, top scientists in the world in multiple areas that I'm interested in pursuing. It would be the best next step in the progression of my career - not to mention that I still own a condo that is going to be vacant on July 31. This is all assuming that former boss is able to do all he said when he proposed moving forward to make the position happen. He knows he has competition, so I hope that makes him move quickly.

I'm trying not to count chickens, but the reactions in my current workplace will be more than a little fun. I'd be going to a far more prominent institution than our resident world's expert, one Wile E. Coyote, who just put me on his instrumentation grant as his technician. (The Boss forced that one, and that's one of the final straws that triggered the current search.) MacGyver learned at the meeting, from someone who would know, that Road Runner only planned to stay here 4 years or so and use this job as a stepping stone. She was clearly using MacGyver in that regard, and she's been using me as well. Her reaction will be priceless. Oh, and then there's the folks who were insistent that they could find an external candidate who's far more qualified than me for a position that's a step BELOW the one I'd be taking in St. Louis. Yeah, I'm going to have load of fun if this actually works out. :pray: :pray: :pray:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 5th, 2015, 8:36 pm

I'm hoping this is going to be a win for you AD :happy-bouncyblue:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 5th, 2015, 10:18 pm

Not much going on here tonight.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 6th, 2015, 4:03 am

There is no replacement for displacement.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » June 6th, 2015, 4:30 am

Kyrie Irving went down during the Overtime of Game 1. He has a fractured knee cap will will NOT play out the Final series for the championship. LeBron must lead the Cavs! Steph Curry will lead the GS Warriors!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 6th, 2015, 6:12 am

Happiness is receiving an honorarium for giving a talk at a conference. Sadness is learning that your institution's rules require you to give it to them as reimbursement for travel expenses. Easy come, easy go.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » June 6th, 2015, 7:19 am

AD I truly hope things work out just the way you want.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 6th, 2015, 10:29 am

Ouch...what would happen if the honorarium far exceeded the travel expenses?
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 6th, 2015, 12:27 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Ouch...what would happen if the honorarium far exceeded the travel expenses?
I'd probably get the remainder, as best I can tell. MacGyver thinks I should keep the money and not tell the institution. However, since I was notified of the honorarium - and the amount - via my work email account, I don't believe that would be a good idea.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 6th, 2015, 12:29 pm

Just completed, and sent, the CV requested by my former boss. Hopefully it won't require too many changes.
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » June 6th, 2015, 12:56 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Just completed, and sent, the CV requested by my former boss. Hopefully it won't require too many changes.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Job Vibes still flowing. Make sure you require one weekend off each fall to travel to a tailgate :)
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » June 6th, 2015, 1:12 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Happiness is receiving an honorarium for giving a talk at a conference. Sadness is learning that your institution's rules require you to give it to them as reimbursement for travel expenses. Easy come, easy go.
That's not out of the ordinary.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.