Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by ArkieDukie » May 20th, 2015, 7:15 am

windsor wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
While my former boss has his own set of issues, he is nowhere near as ethically challenged as The Boss IMO. Besides, I think there may be a way to go back without working for him. Time will reveal.

WWWD??

Run Far. Run Fast. Don't look back.

:animals-dogrun: :animals-dogrun: :auto-layrubber: :auto-dirtbike:
Yep. Although going back to former employer may look like a step back, they have one of the top programs in the world in my new field of interest (Alzheimer's), and they are most anxious to use the technical skills that I have. This is how BGS got a postdoctoral position there. I want to see if I can leverage all of this to my advantage as well. It is time for me to take advantage of my connections again.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 20th, 2015, 8:34 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
windsor wrote:
WWWD??

Yep. Although going back to former employer may look like a step back, they have one of the top programs in the world in my new field of interest (Alzheimer's), and they are most anxious to use the technical skills that I have. This is how BGS got a postdoctoral position there. I want to see if I can leverage all of this to my advantage as well. It is time for me to take advantage of my connections again.

....and this is why you must always know which bridges to cross and which bridges to burn :flame: :flame:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 20th, 2015, 9:02 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Are iPads allowed in the courtroom? You could be doing legal research on your iPad when it suddenly slips into movie taking mode. Then you could choose the frame you'd like for your picture.

:9f:
Technically, anything that takes a picture isn't supposed to be in the courtroom, but since most of the lawyers keep their calendars on their phones or iPads, that rule isn't enforced much. :9f:
Enlist the help of the Sheriff's department (or whoever runs the security cameras in the courthouse). You could give them a credit in the acknowledgements of your book!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 20th, 2015, 9:07 am

Ahem. SOMEONE is getting ready to have a milestone post.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 20th, 2015, 9:14 am

CathyCA wrote:Ahem. SOMEONE is getting ready to have a milestone post.

Congrats on the big milestone! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 20th, 2015, 9:16 am

CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Are iPads allowed in the courtroom? You could be doing legal research on your iPad when it suddenly slips into movie taking mode. Then you could choose the frame you'd like for your picture.

Technically, anything that takes a picture isn't supposed to be in the courtroom, but since most of the lawyers keep their calendars on their phones or iPads, that rule isn't enforced much. :9f:
Enlist the help of the Sheriff's department (or whoever runs the security cameras in the courthouse). You could give them a credit in the acknowledgements of your book!

This is a brilliant idea! Ideas like this are what will make the CTN lawyers' tell-all a must-read. B-)
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 20th, 2015, 9:37 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
windsor wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
While my former boss has his own set of issues, he is nowhere near as ethically challenged as The Boss IMO. Besides, I think there may be a way to go back without working for him. Time will reveal.

WWWD??

Sounds like a great plan, AD. Get out of there and don't look back.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 20th, 2015, 9:39 am

windsor wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
windsor wrote:
WWWD??

....and this is why you must always know which bridges to cross and which bridges to burn :flame: :flame:
Yep, again. My former boss wouldn't even talk to me after I first left, but our relationship has improved significantly. I know for a fact that they are in desperate need of the skills I have picked up since leaving. I took what I learned there and went to the next level - something he wouldn't give me the chance to do when I was there. The time might be ripe for me to see if I can work my new skills and knowledge to my advantage.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 20th, 2015, 10:29 am

ArkieDukie wrote: Yep, again. My former boss wouldn't even talk to me after I first left, but our relationship has improved significantly. I know for a fact that they are in desperate need of the skills I have picked up since leaving. I took what I learned there and went to the next level - something he wouldn't give me the chance to do when I was there. The time might be ripe for me to see if I can work my new skills and knowledge to my advantage.
And it can certainly be framed to both yours and the boss' advantage. Sounds like it's time to see what you can do.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 20th, 2015, 11:40 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Ahem. SOMEONE is getting ready to have a milestone post.

Congrats on the big milestone! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:
Thank you very much!

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 20th, 2015, 12:30 pm

:ymapplause: Congrats Cathy!! :dance: \:d/
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 20th, 2015, 12:38 pm

AD, sounds like a good plan. Many vibes and prayers your way!!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » May 20th, 2015, 12:38 pm

Arkie... back to the STL? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 20th, 2015, 2:17 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote::ymapplause: Congrats Cathy!! :dance: \:d/
Thank you, Nancy!

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 20th, 2015, 4:06 pm

Lavabe wrote:Arkie... back to the STL? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?
Maybe. Need to start the ball rolling to see if it is even possible. Conditions would certainly need to be right.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 21st, 2015, 5:53 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
Maybe. Need to start the ball rolling to see if it is even possible. Conditions would certainly need to be right.
Did you ever sell your place in St. Louis? Can you get a job at Duke? :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 21st, 2015, 5:55 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
Did you ever sell your place in St. Louis? Can you get a job at Duke? Or at a company somewhere around the Triangle? Surely much research is being done on Alzheimer's here?!? :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 21st, 2015, 6:23 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
Did you ever sell your place in St. Louis? Can you get a job at Duke? :9f:
Nope, still own the place in St. Louis.

StL has the advantage of being closer to the family. With my mom's health being what it is, that's pretty key. Otherwise Duke would be a great choice.
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 21st, 2015, 8:14 am

ArkieDukie wrote:

I know in my universe folks leave company A for B all the time, and end up back at A a few years later...then back at B. The running joke at one place was the only way to get a decent raise was to leave and comeback. As long as the position, whatever it is can be spun as a step up from what you were doing the first time you were there it should be cool. Do remind yourself of all the reason you left in the first place. How much has the cast of characters changed?
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 21st, 2015, 8:56 am

CathyCA wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote::ymapplause: Congrats Cathy!! :dance: \:d/
Thank you, Nancy!

Your welcome.