LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

As the Bunsen Burns

Post by ArkieDukie » May 18th, 2015, 6:46 pm

I. am. pissed. Road Runner has managed to get the institution's VP/Provost of Research to launch an investigation of MacGyver because he cut her out of his grant. MacGyver's department chair has his back, but I'm not sure The Boss does. MacGyver is supposed to provide his department chair with all the appropriate documentation so they can meet and discuss. I told MacGyver to tell his boss that I will be more than happy to meet with him to tell him my side of the story. All he has to do is name the time and place. I am sick of her shit.

Oh, and who does Road Runner have as her accomplice? None other than The Red Dragon. Talk about two toxic vipers. My colleague Doogie refers to them as Hell on Heels.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by YmoBeThere » May 18th, 2015, 7:31 pm

Okay, when did The Red Dragon enter the scene?
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 18th, 2015, 9:20 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Okay, when did The Red Dragon enter the scene?
Red Dragon? Who the heck is that?
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 18th, 2015, 9:21 pm

DD, you need to get this license plate. :happy-bouncyblue:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 18th, 2015, 9:25 pm

[quote][/quote]

AK, That place is going to blow up. Get the hell out ASAP. :wizard:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 18th, 2015, 9:33 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Okay, when did The Red Dragon enter the scene?
Red Dragon? Who the heck is that?
Red Dragon was introduced a while back. The Boss' second in command. Hasn't done anything to me yet, and I prefer to keep it that way. Takes great pride in destroying careers of those who cross her. I try to fly under her radar screen.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 18th, 2015, 9:40 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
I agree. I will be taking business cards and copies of an updated CV with me to the upcoming professional meeting. As luck would have it, the meeting is in St. Louis. I plan to chat with multiple people at my former place of employment while I'm at it. May plant a bug in my former boss' ear while I'm at it. :ymdevil:

While my former boss has his own set of issues, he is nowhere near as ethically challenged as The Boss IMO. Besides, I think there may be a way to go back without working for him. Time will reveal.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 18th, 2015, 9:59 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:
I agree. I will be taking business cards and copies of an updated CV with me to the upcoming professional meeting. As luck would have it, the meeting is in St. Louis. I plan to chat with multiple people at my former place of employment while I'm at it. May plant a bug in my former boss' ear while I'm at it. :ymdevil:

While my former boss has his own set of issues, he is nowhere near as ethically challenged as The Boss IMO. Besides, I think there may be a way to go back without working for him. Time will reveal.
Hope you can find something that isn't a ticking time bomb, AD. Vibes and prayers.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » May 19th, 2015, 5:19 am

Dancing with the Stars last night was awesome! All 3 finalists were on their A Game !
Rumer, Riker and Noah and their pro partners delivered perfect free style dances !
Tonight is the Finale!
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » May 19th, 2015, 5:59 am

Lots of vibes for a successful search, AD!
:ymhug:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 19th, 2015, 6:35 am

devildeac wrote:
windsor wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:My last defendant today is charged with driving after forfeiture of license after numerous DUI's. He came to court in a T-shirt reading, "COLD BEER." :9f:

Mr. Windsor and I parked next to car whose tag read "YmmBeer" - I thought it was DD, but the tags were from Florida. :D :beer: :beer:

I thought that was an unwise choice for a vanity plate Just sayin'
Coulda been my brother, Daryl, or my other brother Larry.
Wasn't me! :beer: :beer: :beer:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 19th, 2015, 7:52 am

ArkieDukie wrote:

WWWD??

Run Far. Run Fast. Don't look back.

:animals-dogrun: :animals-dogrun: :auto-layrubber: :auto-dirtbike:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 19th, 2015, 8:35 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:

:wizard: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: It WILL happen!!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 19th, 2015, 8:36 am

lawgrad91 wrote:My last defendant today is charged with driving after forfeiture of license after numerous DUI's. He came to court in a T-shirt reading, "COLD BEER." :9f:
Oh, this one cries out for a picture in the book! :orcs-cheers: :obscene-drinkingcheers: :beer:

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 19th, 2015, 10:43 am

CathyCA wrote:
Oh, this one cries out for a picture in the book! :orcs-cheers: :obscene-drinkingcheers: :beer:

I, um, may have tried to take a picture of the defendant who was just before "cold beer." He had on pants made of flannel or some other PJ material, that came down just below the knees and were gathered there. The pants were black with cherries and stems and vine on them. Unfortunately, it isn't easy to get incognito pictures of moving defendants across a courtroom, especially when pictures in the courtroom are not to be taken. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 19th, 2015, 11:04 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

I, um, may have tried to take a picture of the defendant who was just before "cold beer." He had on pants made of flannel or some other PJ material, that came down just below the knees and were gathered there. The pants were black with cherries and stems and vine on them. Unfortunately, it isn't easy to get incognito pictures of moving defendants across a courtroom, especially when pictures in the courtroom are not to be taken. :9f:
Are iPads allowed in the courtroom? You could be doing legal research on your iPad when it suddenly slips into movie taking mode. Then you could choose the frame you'd like for your picture.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 19th, 2015, 11:21 am

CathyCA wrote:Are iPads allowed in the courtroom? You could be doing legal research on your iPad when it suddenly slips into movie taking mode. Then you could choose the frame you'd like for your picture.

Technically, anything that takes a picture isn't supposed to be in the courtroom, but since most of the lawyers keep their calendars on their phones or iPads, that rule isn't enforced much. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 19th, 2015, 11:23 am

iPhone autocorrect fail:

I texted my friend Andy this morning regarding his doctor's appointment. I sent a message quickly and didn't check before I sent it. It was supposed to say "Good luck with your bloodwork."

It said, "Good luck with your BLOODWORM." X( :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » May 20th, 2015, 5:22 am

Rumar Willis and her prof partner Val C won the Mirror Ball Trophy on Dancing With The Stars last night!!! It was a great finale.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 20th, 2015, 5:55 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

Two things. One, I am really looking forward to your book. Two, you must find a good, stealthy way to get pictures.
-- Albert Einstein