LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by YmoBeThere » May 6th, 2015, 3:27 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Getting a car delivered tomorrow.
Ooh - congrats! What kind?
1970 Buick Skylark Custom convertible
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 6th, 2015, 6:58 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
Sweat! What color body, top and interior? :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 6th, 2015, 8:04 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Interesting times. Road Runner sent an email to MacGyver today to ask for clarification on his grant. By now she should've received his response, a draft of which was approved by The Boss. It was a carefully worded statement, which diplomatically said that the focus of the grant had changed and that the funds originally intended to pay her salary have been rebudgeted to pay for other personnel. As far as she knows, that means his grad students. No need to throw gas on the fire and tell her that I replaced her as Co-Investigator. I really want to be sick tomorrow and miss the fallout.

The Boss made a point of telling me that he needs me to do more work on another project, one that funds 25% of my salary. The problem? The lead person on our part of the project is his golden boy, Wile E Coyote. I haven't been included in the big project meeting since I dared to call BS on WEC's experimental design (which is crap). Now I'm supposed to organize everything he has done. I asked The Boss' permission to meet with the project manager in order to get a status update on the entire project. You'd think that would be a good idea, right? Well, apparently not. I cannot meet with her because she constantly fights with WEC and allegedly doesn't understand the science. So, I am at a loss. how the hell am I supposed to do my job if I'm not allowed to ask what the hell is going on with the project?
Ask the boss. Seriously. Politically and politely. As in 'I am happy to help WEC <try not to throw up in your mouth> , but in order to be of any assistance I need to know X, Y and Z. Who can I speak to/what I can access to get this so I can be effective. Mention that you have not been included in the project meetings, and will need to be going forward. In short, I can not help if I do not know where help is needed.

In writing.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 6th, 2015, 8:24 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Ooh - congrats! What kind?
The body is Matador Red which is the same as Cranberry Red or Fire Red. The top is black and the interior is black. The seats currently have an aftermarket covering on them with a black and red pattern which you can see in the photo.

Here's our coupe from '72 or '73 and that small male child is wearing shorts(I swear they are shorts though they appear to be otherwise. And I have been known to be wrong when swearing.)

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 6th, 2015, 8:35 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote: Ooh - congrats! What kind?

Sweat????

I think you might have had too much mayo on de cinco. :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 6th, 2015, 10:46 am

Ymo, congratulations! That's a pretty car.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 6th, 2015, 11:36 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
Will you be getting another cat to go with the car? :D

Looking forward to seeing what restorations you do to it.
Life is good!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 6th, 2015, 12:43 pm

I'm now at a 1 to 1 ratio, 5 cats, 5 cars. So, they all have their own now.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 6th, 2015, 4:50 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:I'm now at a 1 to 1 ratio, 5 cats, 5 cars. So, they all have their own now.
Then, obviously, you need another car so you have one of your own, too.
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 6th, 2015, 6:10 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:So, I am at a loss. how the hell am I supposed to do my job if I'm not allowed to ask what the hell is going on with the project?
Better question: Why the hell do you still work there?
I ask myself that question lots of days. I have a few good collaborators and do my best to avoid the others. All in all, things could be much worse.

Road Runner was dressed to the nines today. Based on things I heard, I suspect she was going somewhere high on the food chain to pitch a fit. She was claiming factual inaccuracies in MacGyver's email, according to The Boss. Since he edited MacGyver's message before it was sent, I suspect she received little sympathy from him. The Boss allegedly told MacGyver that Road Runner hasn't got a leg to stand on. If that's the case, he needs to man up and tell her that. I'm just bracing for the day when she finds out that I replaced her on MacGyver's grant.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 6th, 2015, 6:23 pm

windsor wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Interesting times. Road Runner sent an email to MacGyver today to ask for clarification on his grant. By now she should've received his response, a draft of which was approved by The Boss. It was a carefully worded statement, which diplomatically said that the focus of the grant had changed and that the funds originally intended to pay her salary have been rebudgeted to pay for other personnel. As far as she knows, that means his grad students. No need to throw gas on the fire and tell her that I replaced her as Co-Investigator. I really want to be sick tomorrow and miss the fallout.

The Boss made a point of telling me that he needs me to do more work on another project, one that funds 25% of my salary. The problem? The lead person on our part of the project is his golden boy, Wile E Coyote. I haven't been included in the big project meeting since I dared to call BS on WEC's experimental design (which is crap). Now I'm supposed to organize everything he has done. I asked The Boss' permission to meet with the project manager in order to get a status update on the entire project. You'd think that would be a good idea, right? Well, apparently not. I cannot meet with her because she constantly fights with WEC and allegedly doesn't understand the science. So, I am at a loss. how the hell am I supposed to do my job if I'm not allowed to ask what the hell is going on with the project?
Ask the boss. Seriously. Politically and politely. As in 'I am happy to help WEC <try not to throw up in your mouth> , but in order to be of any assistance I need to know X, Y and Z. Who can I speak to/what I can access to get this so I can be effective. Mention that you have not been included in the project meetings, and will need to be going forward. In short, I can not help if I do not know where help is needed.

In writing.
Doogie advised me to do exactly as The Boss asked. No more, no less. I think he may be right. If I say too much, I'll get stuck working for WEC, and that's the last thing I want. He is an incompetent buffoon, and everyone knows this except The Boss. If there's anyone less competent, it is Mrs. WEC, who is handling the data analysis with absolutely zero experience. I can't even begin to enumerate all the ways she is screwing up the analysis. She is possibly worse than The Minion, and that is saying a lot.
Today I wrote a Word document containing an inventory of everything I got from WEC. That's exactly what he asked for. I'm still working on the annotated bibliography that he requested. My plan is to finish that, hand it off, and step away from the mess. And, yes, I saved a copy of the email in which he told me I cannot talk to the project manager.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » May 6th, 2015, 6:47 pm

AD - I've been wanting to go to the beach for a vacation this year. If I come to Galveston, can I visit the circus to observe the monkeys in their natural habitat? :D
Life is good!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 6th, 2015, 8:40 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:AD - I've been wanting to go to the beach for a vacation this year. If I come to Galveston, can I visit the circus to observe the monkeys in their natural habitat? :D

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 6th, 2015, 9:35 pm

Love the car. AD, a bad joke, as usual. :(
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 6th, 2015, 9:43 pm

devildeac wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:AD - I've been wanting to go to the beach for a vacation this year. If I come to Galveston, can I visit the circus to observe the monkeys in their natural habitat? :D

=)) =)) =))
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 6th, 2015, 10:53 pm

Great idea! In the interest of full disclosure, the water here is dirty. The current carries silt from the Mississippi River to this part of the gulf. The water doesn't clear up until near Padre Island, from what I hear.
-- Albert Einstein
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » May 7th, 2015, 11:19 am

My parents owned a Buick Skylark Sport Coupe in the 70s. It was a sporty car that went very fast.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 7th, 2015, 9:05 pm

Got new puppies today. They were tuckered out after a long drive:

@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 7th, 2015, 9:11 pm