PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by YmoBeThere » April 29th, 2015, 1:36 pm

Bump to the top!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 30th, 2015, 11:49 am

We have not had an update on dangerous chemicals, instruments or helium tanks...
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 30th, 2015, 8:57 pm

windsor wrote:We have not had an update on dangerous chemicals, instruments or helium tanks...
Service engineer was her earlier this week. He finished the repairs on Road Runner's instrument. As of yet, no one has discovered the nearly empty helium tank. :ymdevil:

As of a few days ago, MacGyver has permission from the funding agency to replace Road Runner with me on his grant. I will be a Co-Investigator on the grant. That's a pretty big deal for me. And, as an added bonus, we started the wheels rolling today to renew our deal with the instrument company! Things will be handled VERY differently this time. First off, the deal is MacGyver and me - NO Road Runner. Secondly, starting out by working through the core lab on-campus; they have the instrument we were trying to get and it's under-utilized due to lack of expertise and projects. Our connection in the company, who is MacGyver's former student, is arranging for us to meet with all the appropriate folks at the upcoming professional meeting. He's also arranging to give me access to the data analysis tools that were formerly assigned to Road Runner. Pippi and Natasha were supposed to be using them; they are not. So, all sorts of good things happening.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 30th, 2015, 10:22 pm

Yay! :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » May 1st, 2015, 5:22 am

Tomorrow is the Kentucky Derby !
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » May 1st, 2015, 7:39 am

Patience pays off AD! WTG! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 1st, 2015, 7:53 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
windsor wrote:We have not had an update on dangerous chemicals, instruments or helium tanks...
Service engineer was her earlier this week. He finished the repairs on Road Runner's instrument. As of yet, no one has discovered the nearly empty helium tank. :ymdevil:

As of a few days ago, MacGyver has permission from the funding agency to replace Road Runner with me on his grant. I will be a Co-Investigator on the grant. That's a pretty big deal for me. And, as an added bonus, we started the wheels rolling today to renew our deal with the instrument company! Things will be handled VERY differently this time. First off, the deal is MacGyver and me - NO Road Runner. Secondly, starting out by working through the core lab on-campus; they have the instrument we were trying to get and it's under-utilized due to lack of expertise and projects. Our connection in the company, who is MacGyver's former student, is arranging for us to meet with all the appropriate folks at the upcoming professional meeting. He's also arranging to give me access to the data analysis tools that were formerly assigned to Road Runner. Pippi and Natasha were supposed to be using them; they are not. So, all sorts of good things happening.

I see some epic meltdowns on the horizon to keep us entertained. Sounds likes some really good news for you AD - glad to hear it :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 1st, 2015, 8:04 am

windsor wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:

I see some epic meltdowns on the horizon to keep us entertained. Sounds likes some really good news for you AD - glad to hear it :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

It's finely happening! :dance: :clap:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » May 1st, 2015, 1:25 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Pippi and Natasha were supposed to be using them; they are not. So, all sorts of good things happening.
Pippi? :-\
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 1st, 2015, 3:34 pm

Lavabe wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Pippi and Natasha were supposed to be using them; they are not. So, all sorts of good things happening.
ID's puppy, Lavabe. I think AD needed to have colleagues with higher IQs than what she had before. And Pippi Puppy is soooo cute, I'm sure she would grace any self-respecting lab. Or Lab, as the case may be. :O3
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 1st, 2015, 5:57 pm

Lavabe wrote:
Pippi is the postdoc from Finland. She's leaving in roughly a month and is, as best I can tell, counting down the days.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 1st, 2015, 6:18 pm

windsor wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:

First meltdown coming VERY soon. This afternoon, MacGyver was having a conversation in his office with the administrator for the MD/PhD program. They were discussing the account number to use to pay a student's stipend (one of MacGyver's 2 new students). He made the mistake of telling her that his grant had finally come through in March. Obviously Road Runner was eavesdropping, because she promptly emailed our departmental business administrator and reminded said admin that 10% of her (i.e. RR's) salary was supposed to be coming from MacGyver's grant as of March 1. She even emailed while the MD/PhD admin was in MacGyver's office! I know this because MacG stopped by my office with a printed copy of the email, saying, "You're not going to believe this shit!" and proceeded to fill me in. Don't know if the admin asked MacGyver's answer with a copy to RR or what, but RR was told that MacGyver's grant was being rebudgeted. I'd really like to be sick on the day she finds out that it's being rebudgeted to pay a portion of my salary. As far as I know, RR only knows that the money is being used to pay the stipend for a student she had penciled in for her group. And, yes, she's delusional. The student never had any intention of joining her lab. He worked for MacGyver for a summer and recognizes that RR is bat shit crazy. She had even managed to get herself listed as his advisor in all of the departmental literature! :twitch: :^o

All of this apparently went down just before our group meeting. I knew she was acting strangely, but I wasn't sure what the heck was going on until afterward. First off, she asked for a chemical safety update. BGS told her that Environmental Health and Safety had come by to pick up the chemicals (in reality, MacGyver reclaimed them). RR then proceeded to chew BGS out for not notifying her when they came. Then, BGS got a text from her mom, saying that she had been released from the hospital. She showed it to me; I gave her a thumbs-up. RR then stopped and asked BGS if the text was work-related. Her response was, "No, my mom was just released from the hospital." RR kept stalling the end of the meeting, talking about total junk. My eyes were rolling back in my head before she finally let us out. (For those accustomed to academia, where one normally talks about research in group meetings, that doesn't happen in RR group meetings. The only purpose is to talk about chemical orders, travel dates and the like. Seriously. They're worthless. There is absolutely no exchange of ideas.)
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 2nd, 2015, 5:33 am

Duke95 = jackass or asshole?
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 2nd, 2015, 6:21 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Duke95 = jackass or asshole?
May I cast a vote for asshat?
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 2nd, 2015, 8:19 am

I have often used the term, they have their head in rectal defilade.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 2nd, 2015, 8:55 am

Both? :ymdevil:

Interesting that you should note that, along with a number of other folks OY who PM'ed me about him.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 2nd, 2015, 9:02 am

YmoBeThere wrote:I have often used the term, they have their head in rectal defilade.
Defilade?

I had to visit Thorndike and Barnhart for that one.

Well played/used.

:ymapplause: :ymapplause:

:spork: :spork:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 2nd, 2015, 9:22 am

devildeac wrote:
Both? :ymdevil:

Interesting that you should note that, along with a number of other folks OY who PM'ed me about him.
I wanted to give you sporks for your various responses to him but could not do so. Modest question:why doesn't he have multiple flames beside his name?
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 2nd, 2015, 9:24 am

devildeac wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:I have often used the term, they have their head in rectal defilade.
Defilade?

I had to visit Thorndike and Barnhart for that one.

Well played/used.

:ymapplause: :ymapplause:

:spork: :spork:
I second this entire post.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 2nd, 2015, 9:26 am

Defilade = hazards of growing up around the Army. I can attribute that phrasing to a retired Colonel whose son also went to Duke.