PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by YmoBeThere » April 14th, 2015, 4:24 pm

It was very good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 14th, 2015, 10:17 pm

We went to the ACC Barnstorming Tour stop tonight in Walkertown. It bore as much resemblance to a basketball game as a Harlem Globetrotters game does. Quinn was there with Nolan. He only made one shot but had some cool passes to guys driving for dunks.
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 15th, 2015, 7:40 am

What are the differences between cats and cars? Not sure, but I now have 5 of each.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 15th, 2015, 9:10 am

YmoBeThere wrote:What are the differences between cats and cars? Not sure, but I now have 5 of each.
Whoa! Details, Ymo! Inquiring minds want to know!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 15th, 2015, 7:04 pm

I've had the five cats for several years now, so no change in count there. For a long while if there was an animal in need I took them in. But I hit my limit at five.

So, what changed is the number of cars. I picked up a 1970 Buick Skylark Custom convertible yesterday. It will be shipped to me in a week.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 15th, 2015, 7:06 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:I've had the five cats for several years now, so no change in count there. For a long while if there was an animal in need I took them in. But I hit my limit at five.

So, what changed is the number of cars. I picked up a 1970 Buick Skylark Custom convertible yesterday. It will be shipped to me in a week.
We had three dogs and three cars until late last month, when we increased the car number by a red 2015 4 door Mini Cooper. I guess I need another dog now.
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 15th, 2015, 8:33 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:I've had the five cats for several years now, so no change in count there. For a long while if there was an animal in need I took them in. But I hit my limit at five.

I guess I need another dog now.
Indubitably.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 15th, 2015, 8:40 pm

Post pictures when you get it!
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » April 16th, 2015, 4:58 am

Tyus Jones has declared for the draft also!

3 freshman gone

But Another National Championship! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :happy-bouncyblue:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 16th, 2015, 5:54 am

Nice car! I had a '72 GTO, a younger cousin to your '70 Skylark!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » April 16th, 2015, 10:33 am

lawgrad91 wrote:

We had three dogs and three cars until late last month, when we increased the car number by a red 2015 4 door Mini Cooper. I guess I need another dog now.
Pix please and What did you name the new mini???
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 16th, 2015, 2:16 pm

IowaDevil wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:

Pix please and What did you name the new mini???
Rory. My understanding is that Rory is Gaelic for "Red King."

I don't have any goo d pictures of him at the moment; the only ones I have were when he was still in the garage at the dealership. Lots of rain since and he needs a wash. Pix after his bath!
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

As the Bunsen Burns

Post by ArkieDukie » April 16th, 2015, 7:55 pm

I was walking back from lunch on Monday and got a phone call from Brilliant Grad Student. MacGyver's grad student (note: I need to come up with a name for her) had come to BGS to ask for advice. She had gotten a phone call from Human Resources; they were requesting to speak with her about a claim that someone had filed against MacGyver (!). After the dust cleared, we pieced things together and figured out what happened: the claim was filed by Road Runner. She overheard a conversation between MacGyver and an administrative assistant. They were in his office with the door closed (RR has the office next to MacGyver's). He was talking about a completely different HR situation he and the admin were dealing with, regarding a research assistant he's supervising for a friend who's out of the country at the moment. She complained about something ridiculous to HR and got MacGyver in hot water with HR (long story; I'll skip it). So, Road Runner overheard this conversation, decided he was talking about her, and called HR to tell them that MacGyver was badmouthing her to a grad student.

After MacGyver found out what was going on, he went to talk with The Boss. Turns out he already knew about the claim that RR had filed with HR. When MacGyver told The Boss about the conversation RR had overheard and misinterpreted, The Boss' response was, "Sounds like she (RR) needs to get a better stethoscope." =)) =)) =))
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » April 16th, 2015, 8:41 pm

Have these people graduated from junior high yet?
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 16th, 2015, 9:03 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Have these people graduated from junior high yet?
Love, Ima
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) That's a very, very good question.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » April 18th, 2015, 4:25 am

The Durham Celebration of the 2015 National Champions on Tuesday afternoon was great! The rain held off, during the ceremony. No Jah or Justise were there, but everyone else was. Coach K said he had been on the road, since Indy. He has to recruit a few more kids, since losing 3 freshman. (There was always that possibility with those 3 ).

Good to see the team again!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 18th, 2015, 9:40 am

There is no college basketball on this weekend. NBA Playoff start, but it doesn't look like my current hometown team will be a contender(#6 seed in the West). I guess I'll have to mow the lawn.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 18th, 2015, 1:06 pm

Love, Ima
There was that book years ago about everything one needed to know was learned by second grade.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 18th, 2015, 1:36 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
Love, Ima
There was that book years ago about everything one needed to know was learned by second grade.
Hmmm. Maybe Road Runner skipped kindergarten?
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 19th, 2015, 9:06 am

Adam, our grandson, painted the living room and part of the hall yesterday. This is the first time he has done painting for us. He is, by far, the best painter we have ever had. He doesn't make mistakes and leaves absolutely no mess. He is also very fast. We're happy. Thank you, Adam. :ymhug: