LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by lawgrad91 » March 10th, 2015, 2:44 pm

I just bought tickets to the America Loves Bacon festival in Charlotte on April 25. :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » March 10th, 2015, 4:05 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:I just bought tickets to the America Loves Bacon festival in Charlotte on April 25. :happy-bouncyblue:
So jelly.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 10th, 2015, 6:56 pm

Had a note in my mailbox when I got home, telling me I have a certified letter at the post office. Given the timing relative to my wreck, how worried should I be?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » March 10th, 2015, 7:30 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Had a note in my mailbox when I got home, telling me I have a certified letter at the post office. Given the timing relative to my wreck, how worried should I be?
My "I'm not lawyer" advice is to roll with it and lean on your insurance company. That's why you pay them the big bucks. Now let's hear from those who actually know what they're talking about :D
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 10th, 2015, 10:53 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Something amusing from the Clerk's office:

One of our clerks is married to the local middle school principal. I like the guy except for his awful taste in sports teams. He positively despises the correct color of blue. His wife, not so much (I think she is indifferent.) They have a seventeen year old daughter interested in neurology. She applied to three schools: UVA, Duke, and that location which should not be named, where her dad was pushing her to go.

So I went this morning to the Clerk's office to do some paperwork and I asked Anita if Ben had settled down since Saturday night. She got a gleam in her eye, and said, "you know she didn't get into unc, right?" I said I hadn't heard that. Anita said, "yes, but Saturday morning she got her invite to Blue Devil Day." :D

I suspect she will go to UVA; instate tuition is a big drawing card. :9f:
Well, regardless of whichever team the dad pulls for, it sounds like they have a very talented and intelligent daughter! Sounds like she dodged a bullet by not getting in to UNC. :ymdevil:

:9f:

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 10th, 2015, 10:54 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Had a note in my mailbox when I got home, telling me I have a certified letter at the post office. Given the timing relative to my wreck, how worried should I be?
Go pick it up. If they want to sue you, they'll find you. A certified letter is better than having a process server appear at your place of work.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 10th, 2015, 10:57 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Bud is one his way home from Jamaica. He has been on a medical missionary trip. He has repeatedly said what a wonderful experience it has been. The group was housed in a monastery. They went to clinics and neighborhoods every day to take care of patients. The group also participated with the monks church services, 3 times a day and 5 prayer sessions a day. The group also took turns with kitchen duty and cleaning.
I did a mission trip to St. Ann's, Jamaica 18 years ago. I was pregnant with Christian, and I worked on a construction site setting rebar and pouring concrete by hand.

We also had a medical team that went with us to Jamaica. They were able to positively change the quality of the people's lives down there. I'm glad that Bud got to do that, too!

I can't wait to talk with him about his trip.

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 11th, 2015, 2:35 am

CathyCA wrote:
Go pick it up. If they want to sue you, they'll find you. A certified letter is better than having a process server appear at your place of work.

Thanks. I would never do anything other than pick it up. I couldn't think of any reason for a letter other than being sued. The other driver sure moved quickly, if that's what it is.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 11th, 2015, 8:45 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

Thanks. I would never do anything other than pick it up. I couldn't think of any reason for a letter other than being sued. The other driver sure moved quickly, if that's what it is.
That's awfully quick for a lawsuit. It could be a demand letter from the other driver's attorney, but I wonder why he or she would use certified mail, or why he or she would file suit without first making a demand.

Keep us updated!

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 11th, 2015, 9:48 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

That's awfully quick for a lawsuit. It could be a demand letter from the other driver's attorney, but I wonder why he or she would use certified mail, or why he or she would file suit without first making a demand.

Keep us updated!

This was my thought too. If the other driver had any injuries, he probably hasn't even finished his course of medical treatment. If they want to settle this fast, it's surprising. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 11th, 2015, 9:52 am

It was a bill from the wrecker service. I was borrowing trouble!

Cathy, congrats on your new wheels. Did you get the 2015 CRV? I've been very happy with mine. Hope you like yours as well and don't wreck it! Although, if you do, I hope it takes care of you like mine did.
-- Albert Einstein
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » March 11th, 2015, 10:37 am

Whew.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

As the Bunsen Burns

Post by ArkieDukie » March 11th, 2015, 6:39 pm

I had a bit of a disagreement with Wile E. Coyote today. I saw him in the hallway, and he told me he needs my CV for his instrumentation grant. I told him that I saw no need for that, because it's his instrument and I don't work for him. He said his instrument is going to be in the core. I disagreed and pointed out that it's going to be used exclusively for his research, which does not fit anyone's definition of a core (shared) instrument. So, what did the little weasel do? He went back to his office and sent a message to The Boss, copying me, in which he said I refused to give him my CV because I said I should be PI of the grant! :-o :-o :twitch: :twitch: X( X( X( Lying little sack of shit.

Fortunately, at the same time that he sent his email, I had composed an email to The Boss in which I told him my reasons for not including my CV, and it did not include his delusional statement that I thought I should be PI of his grant (which, by the way, has a snowflake's chance in hell of being funded). I also responded to WEC's email, only to The Boss, with the emphatic statement that I did not say what WEC (lying sack of shit) relayed. The Boss said that I should provide my CV, so he basically sided with his little pet.

There are multiple reasons that I do not want to have my name associated with his grant, but the biggest one is this: he is knowingly and intentionally lying to the NIH. He's telling them his grant is for a shared grant, when instead it is to be used solely for his research. He actually said to me that he is telling them what they want to hear in order to get the grant, and that he intends to do whatever he wants with it once the grant is funded. There's a part of me that would love to report his ass to the NIH, but I won't need to. His intentions will be painfully obvious from his grant.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 11th, 2015, 9:15 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:It was a bill from the wrecker service. I was borrowing trouble!

Cathy, congrats on your new wheels. Did you get the 2015 CRV? I've been very happy with mine. Hope you like yours as well and don't wreck it! Although, if you do, I hope it takes care of you like mine did.
Which should also be paid by your insurance.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 11th, 2015, 9:59 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:It was a bill from the wrecker service. I was borrowing trouble!

Which should also be paid by your insurance.
Yes indeedy! I sent it on to my agent.
-- Albert Einstein
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » March 13th, 2015, 5:00 am

Is it just me or did our devils eat the vulfies last night?
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 13th, 2015, 7:01 am

AK, It's unbelievable how big of a jerk your boss is.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » March 13th, 2015, 7:27 am

bjornolf wrote:Is it just me or did our devils eat the vulfies last night?
The Blue Devils devoured the Wulfies!!!!!!!!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Re: As the Bunsen Burns

Post by windsor » March 13th, 2015, 7:33 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I had a bit of a disagreement with Wile E. Coyote today. I saw him in the hallway, and he told me he needs my CV for his instrumentation grant. I told him that I saw no need for that, because it's his instrument and I don't work for him. He said his instrument is going to be in the core. I disagreed and pointed out that it's going to be used exclusively for his research, which does not fit anyone's definition of a core (shared) instrument. So, what did the little weasel do? He went back to his office and sent a message to The Boss, copying me, in which he said I refused to give him my CV because I said I should be PI of the grant! :-o :-o :twitch: :twitch: X( X( X( Lying little sack of shit.

Fortunately, at the same time that he sent his email, I had composed an email to The Boss in which I told him my reasons for not including my CV, and it did not include his delusional statement that I thought I should be PI of his grant (which, by the way, has a snowflake's chance in hell of being funded). I also responded to WEC's email, only to The Boss, with the emphatic statement that I did not say what WEC (lying sack of shit) relayed. The Boss said that I should provide my CV, so he basically sided with his little pet.

There are multiple reasons that I do not want to have my name associated with his grant, but the biggest one is this: he is knowingly and intentionally lying to the NIH. He's telling them his grant is for a shared grant, when instead it is to be used solely for his research. He actually said to me that he is telling them what they want to hear in order to get the grant, and that he intends to do whatever he wants with it once the grant is funded. There's a part of me that would love to report his ass to the NIH, but I won't need to. His intentions will be painfully obvious from his grant.

Your lab has more assholes per square foot than any place I have ever seen.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: As the Bunsen Burns

Post by lawgrad91 » March 13th, 2015, 9:46 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I had a bit of a disagreement with Wile E. Coyote today. I saw him in the hallway, and he told me he needs my CV for his instrumentation grant. I told him that I saw no need for that, because it's his instrument and I don't work for him. He said his instrument is going to be in the core. I disagreed and pointed out that it's going to be used exclusively for his research, which does not fit anyone's definition of a core (shared) instrument. So, what did the little weasel do? He went back to his office and sent a message to The Boss, copying me, in which he said I refused to give him my CV because I said I should be PI of the grant! :-o :-o :twitch: :twitch: X( X( X( Lying little sack of shit.

What a horrible set of individuals. They make our criminals seem like choirboys by comparison. Well, at least the ones who aren't shooting at their wives or molesting their kids....
Iron Duke #1471997.