LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by lawgrad91 » February 24th, 2015, 9:13 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:Mikey is still having problems. His food was changed 3 weeks ago and he is on a laxative. If he doesn't go by 10:00 this morning, it's back to the vet. We're worried. :( :wizard: :wizard:
Vibes for little Mikey. :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » February 24th, 2015, 10:39 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:Mikey is still having problems. His food was changed 3 weeks ago and he is on a laxative. If he doesn't go by 10:00 this morning, it's back to the vet. We're worried. :( :wizard: :wizard:
Vibes for little Mikey. :wizard:

poor kitty. I hope he gets better really soon. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » February 24th, 2015, 12:17 pm

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 24th, 2015, 7:02 pm

Thanks for vibes. I couldn't get Mikey to the vet today.The roads were too bad. I'm taking him tomorrow for more blood work to check out his kidneys and liver. :wizard: :YMPRAY:
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » February 25th, 2015, 7:31 am

Vibes to Mikey and to you - be very careful out there!!
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 26th, 2015, 11:33 am

I did get Mikey to the vet yesterday. Kidneys and liver checked out good. Maybe he's on the mind.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 26th, 2015, 11:34 am

I do hope the snow melts enough by Sat. to get toe the game. I have my doubts. :( :duke:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 26th, 2015, 11:50 am

Power just went off.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » February 26th, 2015, 7:14 pm

Our power was restored around 6pm. Thank goodness for the electric power and heat! And all the other things we take for granted! Thank goodness for the Duke power and Pike Electric crews that were out restoring power in the Triangle! :ymhug: ^:)^ :pray:

Everyone stay safe and warm!!!!

And be careful driving!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » February 26th, 2015, 9:11 pm

OK. It's been fun. But nuf's enuf.

In this weather the walk from the car to Cameron is too arduous for 75 year-olds with multiple spine surgeries and joint replacements since we've been relegated the Siberian Front and the worst parking spaces we've EVER had. So much for having been Iron Dukes since 1968 when people couldn't tell a Krzyzewski from a schnitzel. We've done the math and it would be cheaper for us to pay cabs to deliver and retrieve us than to contribute any more. We're seriously considering it since they don't seem to need our several thousands.

Some in our same boots say they've been encouraged by the athletic department (bless their mercenary hearts) to just turn in their tickets so they could be sold to corporations waiting in line anyway. This is the big time, folks! Who cares about home grown loyal fans these days? Even in itty bitty Cameron.

Do I sound bitter? Yep.
Love, Ima :angry-tappingfoot:
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 26th, 2015, 9:15 pm

Our power on about 30 min. ago. Mikey has had a great day. I'm happy. :)
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » February 26th, 2015, 10:52 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:OK. It's been fun. But nuf's enuf.

In this weather the walk from the car to Cameron is too arduous for 75 year-olds with multiple spine surgeries and joint replacements since we've been relegated the Siberian Front and the worst parking spaces we've EVER had. So much for having been Iron Dukes since 1968 when people couldn't tell a Krzyzewski from a schnitzel. We've done the math and it would be cheaper for us to pay cabs to deliver and retrieve us than to contribute any more. We're seriously considering it since they don't seem to need our several thousands.

Some in our same boots say they've been encouraged by the athletic department (bless their mercenary hearts) to just turn in their tickets so they could be sold to corporations waiting in line anyway. This is the big time, folks! Who cares about home grown loyal fans these days? Even in itty bitty Cameron.

Do I sound bitter? Yep.
Sounds very justified(the bitterness).
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 26th, 2015, 11:05 pm

In this weather the walk from the car to Cameron is too arduous for 75 year-olds with multiple spine surgeries and joint replacements since we've been relegated the Siberian Front and the worst parking spaces we've EVER had.

Do I sound bitter? Yep.
Where are you parking? We're in the Duke University Road 2 lot, which is beyond the DU Road 1 lot across from Chapel Drive. It's almost a 15 minute walk. Not too bad on most games, but in bad weather, sheesh. They need to run a shuttle to these lots.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 27th, 2015, 8:57 am

Some in our same boots say they've been encouraged by the athletic department (bless their mercenary hearts) to just turn in their tickets so they could be sold to corporations waiting in line anyway. This is the big time, folks! Who cares about home grown loyal fans these days? Even in itty bitty Cameron. Do I sound bitter? Yep.
I agree with you, Ima. It has been all about money for a long time. Consider getting the OP a handicap permit. His ortho doctor can give him the paper work, to take to the DMV. You can park in the handicap lot on Science Dr. You would have both the handicap permit and your parking thingie displayed and would not pay the 10.00. Shuttles will take you both to Cameron. That's what we do. My ortho problems very much justify going this route. I hope this helps.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » February 27th, 2015, 9:22 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:

Some in our same boots say they've been encouraged by the athletic department (bless their mercenary hearts) to just turn in their tickets so they could be sold to corporations waiting in line anyway. This is the big time, folks! Who cares about home grown loyal fans these days? Even in itty bitty Cameron. Do I sound bitter? Yep.
I agree with you, Ima. It has been all about money for a long time. Consider getting the OP a handicap permit. His ortho doctor can give him the paper work, to take to the DMV. You can park in the handicap lot on Science Dr. You would have both the handicap permit and your parking thingie displayed and would not pay the 10.00. Shuttles will take you both to Cameron. That's what we do. My ortho problems very much justify going this route. I hope this helps.
The parking situation has become a major problem. First, on Towerview, all the free parking was taken away, and widen the driving lanes. And then the parking lots have taken away so many spaces to add more athletic facilities.

A parking deck should have been built years ago to accommodate the Football and Basketball facilities. There certainly is available property..... take down a few trees, and start building a deck!!!! And the shuttles need to run for those that need assistance to walk to the stadium.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » February 27th, 2015, 9:24 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:I agree with you, Ima. It has been all about money for a long time. Consider getting the OP a handicap permit. His ortho doctor can give him the paper work, to take to the DMV. You can park in the handicap lot on Science Dr. You would have both the handicap permit and your parking thingie displayed and would not pay the 10.00. Shuttles will take you both to Cameron. That's what we do. My ortho problems very much justify going this route. I hope this helps.

We do have a handicap hang tag. The OP's four spine surgeries and multiple joint replacements earned him that. We are assigned to the 751 lot which has been downsized to allow for more construction repeatedly since the beginning of the season. We have to get there early to even get a space now. What that guarantees us (for the thousands a year we've contributed since 1968) is to be allowed to wait in the weather with other decrepit souls and octogenarians for one of these "shuttles" that allow us to crowd in for a ride down the street and up the steep and slippery incline that is Whitford--hopefully by tipoff. THEN we must wait OUTside Cameron for our return trip in the shuttle. It makes a number of trips. You just have to stand there post game for about 45 minutes in the weather alongside all the folks with crutches and canes until a shuttle comes along with room. These are people just like us who have been loyal contributors and faculty since dirt. Since we aren't in as bad shape as a lot of others, we feel we should let them go first since it's often truly hazardous to their health. It adds at least an hour to travel time.

There are spaces still available across from the baseball field on Whitford. Many people are assigned parking there. I just wonder what ungodly amount it costs THEM. I wouldn't complain if we hadn't played the game for so many years with large contributions. We used to park nearer and we've increased the booty yearly while at the same time being relagated farther and farther out to the hinterlands. Clearly, we can't compete with corporations for their perks. We won't be doing this much longer now that we are in retirement. We thought being loyal for so very long would count for something when push came to shove. I guess not. When will I grow up? When you try for solutions from the athletic department you get the feeling you are just there for their snobby amusement.

You're all loyalty and heart when it comes to "family", Duke. I don't even feel like blessing your heart.
Love, Ima
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 27th, 2015, 10:25 pm

Ima, I hear you loud and clear. I have a lot of the same feelings. I love Duke basketball and football but I don't see us doing this much longer. We just hate seeing the tickets going to a cooperation, who will give them to anyone one who is not a Duke fan.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 1st, 2015, 10:38 am

Do I sound bitter? Yep.
Ridiculous. Where is the loyalty? Sounds like greed has taken over, same as the rest of the country. Sad indeed. :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 1st, 2015, 10:44 am

I'm starting something new this week: pre-assembling breakfast and lunch. I bought a mason jar adapter for my vacuum sealer. Already stashed in the fridge: pumpkin spice steel-cut oats, sealed in wide mouth pint jars. I bought quart jars and salad fixings this morning; I'll put together a week's worth of salads this afternoon. Supposedly they will stay fresh that long if assembled correctly, vacuum sealed and stored in the fridge. Should ultimately save money and lead to healthier eating.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » March 1st, 2015, 11:44 am

I'm impressed! A lot of my weight problem is due to the fact that I grab the first thing I see because it's quicker. Being prepared ahead of time makes sense. Good luck, girlfriend! Let us know how it goes!
Love, Ima