LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by IowaDevil » December 12th, 2014, 10:24 am

YUM, pear sauce! Now I know what to do with the pears on my counter right now! Thanks! :)
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 12th, 2014, 10:55 am

The meth dealer in court this morning has found God. He gave out copies of his testimony, entitled "Notes on Jesus." Apparently left one on our counsel table.

I picked it up, saw "notes on Jesus," and thought it was an officer's notes on a Hispanic defendant.

I've been working too hard. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » December 12th, 2014, 11:08 am

lawgrad91 wrote:The meth dealer in court this morning has found God. He gave out copies of his testimony, entitled "Notes on Jesus." Apparently left one on our counsel table.

I picked it up, saw "notes on Jesus," and thought it was an officer's notes on a Hispanic defendant.

Being cynical - how long will Jesus be found once the trial is over and sentencing (if any) pronounced?
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 12th, 2014, 11:15 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:The meth dealer in court this morning has found God. He gave out copies of his testimony, entitled "Notes on Jesus." Apparently left one on our counsel table.

Being cynical - how long will Jesus be found once the trial is over and sentencing (if any) pronounced?
He is sentenced in February.

Otherwise, I guess we will look for his star in the East.
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » December 12th, 2014, 8:40 pm

I'll give the pear sauce a try in the next few days.

I too am cynical, I'm not sure I buy the jailhouse conversion.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 13th, 2014, 8:07 am

windsor wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:No boots for me!

Pear sauce? Is there such a thing? I have a bunch of them from a holiday fruit basket and was wondering what to do with them. I'm not a fan of them in their current form.

http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/easy-pear-sauce/

That would be a yes. I am not a pear fan (I don't like the texture) but pear sauce sounds interesting.
We must be related. That's why I don't like pears. :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 13th, 2014, 8:09 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:

He is sentenced in February.

Otherwise, I guess we will look for his star in the East.
Hmm, will he escape to Egypt with his family before then, in order to escape the wrath of the king?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 13th, 2014, 8:17 am

Bought my new vehicle yesterday, a white 2015 Honda CR-V with a tan leather interior. Boris is buying my old car sometime within the next few weeks, and I wanted to get used to the new ride before driving to see the family for Christmas. Besides, the local dealership only had 2 EX-Ls on the lot: one with black interior, the other with tan leather. I was afraid one or both would sell if I waited. Turns out this was a wise move. Someone else came in wanting to buy the one with tan leather just after the salesman started the paperwork for my purchase! They took the one with black leather. I liked the black (it looked more dark gray to me), but I figured that would be a bad idea in Texas in the summer.

I pick up the new ride from the dealership in a couple of hours! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » December 13th, 2014, 8:35 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I liked the black (it looked more dark gray to me), but I figured that would be a bad idea in Texas in the summer.

I pick up the new ride from the dealership in a couple of hours! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Congrats on the new car. Re: black leather interiors there are way too many vehicles for sale in this area with them. It may be okay if you always have covered parking.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

As the Bunsen Burns

Post by ArkieDukie » December 13th, 2014, 8:38 am

We had a visit from Corporate Guy earlier this week. He was here primarily to help the people downstairs (in the core, where I looked in to working) learn to use their instrument. They're using it for very elementary analyses. CG met with me, and also with Natasha and Pippi, to talk about data analysis. CG was trying to be very PC, but he is not happy with Road Runner at all. His company signed an agreement to work with RR with the understanding that MacGyver and I were also involved in the collaboration. Now neither of us are in the picture, and Natasha does nothing but argue with him about how to do things - she will not work with CG at all. Basically, he put his neck on the line and RR is making him look bad. He pretty much confirmed all of this when he went to supper with MacGyver, after he had imbibed a few alcoholic beverages. So, here's where things stand for RR. The arrogant ass downstairs won't let Road Runner's people use the instrument, which means she's scrambling to find options. She has pissed off the people at the instrument company by lying to them. Basically, they wanted us as a team, and they are left with the one person they really didn't want because she doesn't understand instrumentation or data analysis. She turned the data analysis over to people who will be gone in 6 months or less, and she is currently without anyone on the instrumentation side. Boris tries, but he is at the learning stage. Yeah, she's up :poo: creek.

I spoke with CG again yesterday to ask him some software-related questions. They led to suggested software improvements; my questions were related to capabilities not currently there that need to be. He told me I've gotten further on this analysis than anyone else in his region. Good thing I have a collaborator at Wash U with an instrument. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 13th, 2014, 9:37 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Bought my new vehicle yesterday, a white 2015 Honda CR-V with a tan leather interior. Boris is buying my old car sometime within the next few weeks, and I wanted to get used to the new ride before driving to see the family for Christmas. Besides, the local dealership only had 2 EX-Ls on the lot: one with black interior, the other with tan leather. I was afraid one or both would sell if I waited. Turns out this was a wise move. Someone else came in wanting to buy the one with tan leather just after the salesman started the paperwork for my purchase! They took the one with black leather. I liked the black (it looked more dark gray to me), but I figured that would be a bad idea in Texas in the summer.

If we ever replace our 2006 Ford Freestyle with 103K miles on it, the CR-V will be at or very near the top of the list. Sounds like a great choice.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » December 13th, 2014, 11:47 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Bought my new vehicle yesterday, a white 2015 Honda CR-V with a tan leather interior. Boris is buying my old car sometime within the next few weeks, and I wanted to get used to the new ride before driving to see the family for Christmas. Besides, the local dealership only had 2 EX-Ls on the lot: one with black interior, the other with tan leather. I was afraid one or both would sell if I waited. Turns out this was a wise move. Someone else came in wanting to buy the one with tan leather just after the salesman started the paperwork for my purchase! They took the one with black leather. I liked the black (it looked more dark gray to me), but I figured that would be a bad idea in Texas in the summer.

Enjoy!!! Sounds like the perfect vehicle for you, AD Sis!
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » December 13th, 2014, 11:58 am

Unc and Kentucky play at Noon today. Kentucky is minus 1 starter. This will be a big game for Carowhina. I am NOT pulling for either team. But those Wildcats look like a NBA team. Dadgummit
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » December 13th, 2014, 4:17 pm

Go Army! Beat Navy!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » December 13th, 2014, 5:52 pm

Anchors aweigh!!! Go NAVY!!!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » December 13th, 2014, 6:06 pm

DukePA wrote:Anchors aweigh!!! Go NAVY!!!
Without a miracle, looks like it will be 13 straight. Feeling it for my USMA friends.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » December 13th, 2014, 9:07 pm

Pear sauce is on the stove. I probably used too much cinnamon. A mistake I often make. No matter what others will say, this making pear sauce is tough work. How can you tell? Look at all the posts I've made in the last 10 minutes. And when they suggest only a half cup of water, that is really all you need. I put a whole cup in and its way too liquid-y at the moment.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 14th, 2014, 6:49 am

devildeac wrote:

If we ever replace our 2006 Ford Freestyle with 103K miles on it, the CR-V will be at or very near the top of the list. Sounds like a great choice.
Thanks! It was a great choice. I test drove both the 14 and 15 models and ended up with the 15 because of all the improvements. It didn't win SUV of the year for nothing. The difference was pretty amazing. It's smoother and quieter than the previous models, and it has some great bells and whistles. After having it for a day, I don't think I'm going to miss the Accord. It was a great car for me, and it will be a great car for Boris.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 14th, 2014, 6:50 am

DukePA wrote:

Enjoy!!! Sounds like the perfect vehicle for you, AD Sis!
Thanks! I think it is. I'm looking forward to being able to haul my bike around without having to disassemble.
-- Albert Einstein
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » December 14th, 2014, 9:30 am

Enjoy that new car smell as long as it lasts!! Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe