LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 25th, 2014, 9:33 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:While puppy vibes are out and about, send a few Wesley's way, please. He is feeling puny today. Threw up early this morning, was shaking when I wrapped him in a blanket afterward. He has stopped shaking and is acting like he feels better, but is still lying around. :O3 :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: I hope Wesley is feeling better.
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » October 26th, 2014, 6:51 am

Puppy vibes to Wesley!!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 26th, 2014, 7:54 am

Thanks all. Wesley is back to his normal self. :O3
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » October 26th, 2014, 1:06 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Thanks all. Wesley is back to his normal self. :O3
Fabulous!!!
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » October 26th, 2014, 1:39 pm

Great news on the Wesley front! How about Tyler - is he recovering as well? :ymhug:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 26th, 2014, 7:37 pm

IowaDevil wrote:
Great news on the Wesley front! How about Tyler - is he recovering as well? :ymhug:

His white count (when the full labs came back) were actually much higher than they thought. His vet called me all concerned on Saturday - when she called Tyler was doing high speed laps around the back yard :) . That was not what she was expecting. His breathing is much better - almost normal. His activity level has returned to 'off the charts'. The vet is still somewhat concerned about the white count. She's extended his Keflex for an additional 7 days.

Jester is symptom free.

I will take Tyler back in later in the week for a re-check.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 26th, 2014, 8:34 pm

Continued vibes for Practically Perfect Puppy. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » October 26th, 2014, 9:36 pm

Yikes, more vibes for Tyler! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 27th, 2014, 10:02 pm

Tyler continues to improve - other than some sniffles and sneezes first thing in the morning he is his old self.
We will leave him on Keflex for one more week (two total) and then monitor him. He is cleared for class/dock diving etc this weekend.

Jester has gone on a diet - now getting kibble mixed with green beans and/or pumpkin. He is a coffee table on legs.

In other news, I am waiting for my pre-order of Prince Lestat to turn in to a real book (e-reader)
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » October 28th, 2014, 5:48 am

Belated vibes to puppies and dogs.

My cats haven't really seen one up close, not sure how they would react.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » October 28th, 2014, 8:54 am

Yeah for improving puppy health! :-BD
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 28th, 2014, 10:57 pm

Can't they just play Game 7 now?
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 29th, 2014, 12:10 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Can't they just play Game 7 now?
I would stay up for that but Nephew Mike is driving in from MN to take his dad to Game 7 tomorrow night so maybe hey should wait.
Life is good!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 31st, 2014, 6:42 pm

"I don't wanna be wise, I just wanna stay young" - Hall and Oates, So Close
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » November 1st, 2014, 7:08 am

YmoBeThere wrote:"I don't wanna be wise, I just wanna stay young" - Hall and Oates, So Close
A wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age.

- the Gospel According To Meatloaf
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 1st, 2014, 7:14 am

windsor wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:"I don't wanna be wise, I just wanna stay young" - Hall and Oates, So Close
A wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age.

- the Gospel According To Meatloaf
Two out of three ain't bad...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

As the Bunsen Burns

Post by ArkieDukie » November 1st, 2014, 4:06 pm

The first week of the post-BarMinion Era has been eventful, in a very good way. Friday was jam-packed!

Remember the infamous instrument company deal? Well, Road Runner is still working on it. You may recall that the person from the company (we'll call him Corporate Guy) originally wanted all 3 of us: MacGyver, Road Runner and me. I'm the one who started the discussion of the whole thing. Since that time, though, RR has taken over and completely cut MacGyver and me out. She has done her darndest to make CG et al. think that MacG and I are still in the picture, but they know this is not true. CG was in town on Thursday and Friday of this week, so he got a first-hand view of the lay of the land. I talked with CG on Friday morning and told him about my new project. Since he had just spent a day trying to train the people in the core lab, he agreed with my assessment that I should get the preliminary data for my grant in my old lab at Wash U. In fact, he said they're the top lab in the country for this particular technique.

In the afternoon, we had a group meeting. Two things became painfully obvious in this meeting: 1. RR has handed the data analysis over to Natasha and Pippi (the stuff she told CG that I would be doing), and 2. At this poing, as much as I like both of them, they have no clue what they're doing. CG is NOT happy. He told me he'd much rather be working with me, and he also said that the deal with RR is starting to look like a train wreck.

After chatting with CG, I sent a quick email to my old boss to check with him about preliminary data. He called me back shortly thereafter to let me know that he has arranged for me to come in and work with the new faculty person in the lab, who is an expert in the type of analysis I want to do. In fact, he has a Young Investigator Award from the instrument company (very similar to the type of deal RR is trying to get). I'm scheduled to go up during Thanksgiving week, which means I can disguise it as a vacation and not tell RR or anyone in her group what's going on. I got an email from YI this morning, confirming that I can come that week, and also offering me a practice data set to play with. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: I passed all this news along to my new collaborator, and he has agreed to come up with money to pay for the analysis. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

I'm keeping this as quiet as possible at work. I will NOT be telling RR about this. When/if she finds out, she will absolutely stroke out. Her little house of cards is falling down around her.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukePA

Re: As the Bunsen Burns

Post by DukePA » November 1st, 2014, 4:12 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:The first week of the post-BarMinion Era has been eventful, in a very good way. Friday was jam-packed!

Remember the infamous instrument company deal? Well, Road Runner is still working on it. You may recall that the person from the company (we'll call him Corporate Guy) originally wanted all 3 of us: MacGyver, Road Runner and me. I'm the one who started the discussion of the whole thing. Since that time, though, RR has taken over and completely cut MacGyver and me out. She has done her darndest to make CG et al. think that MacG and I are still in the picture, but they know this is not true. CG was in town on Thursday and Friday of this week, so he got a first-hand view of the lay of the land. I talked with CG on Friday morning and told him about my new project. Since he had just spent a day trying to train the people in the core lab, he agreed with my assessment that I should get the preliminary data for my grant in my old lab at Wash U. In fact, he said they're the top lab in the country for this particular technique.

In the afternoon, we had a group meeting. Two things became painfully obvious in this meeting: 1. RR has handed the data analysis over to Natasha and Pippi (the stuff she told CG that I would be doing), and 2. At this poing, as much as I like both of them, they have no clue what they're doing. CG is NOT happy. He told me he'd much rather be working with me, and he also said that the deal with RR is starting to look like a train wreck.

After chatting with CG, I sent a quick email to my old boss to check with him about preliminary data. He called me back shortly thereafter to let me know that he has arranged for me to come in and work with the new faculty person in the lab, who is an expert in the type of analysis I want to do. In fact, he has a Young Investigator Award from the instrument company (very similar to the type of deal RR is trying to get). I'm scheduled to go up during Thanksgiving week, which means I can disguise it as a vacation and not tell RR or anyone in her group what's going on. I got an email from YI this morning, confirming that I can come that week, and also offering me a practice data set to play with. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: I passed all this news along to my new collaborator, and he has agreed to come up with money to pay for the analysis. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

I'm keeping this as quiet as possible at work. I will NOT be telling RR about this. When/if she finds out, she will absolutely stroke out. Her little house of cards is falling down around her.
Love it!!! Very well done, AD, Sis!!!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » November 1st, 2014, 10:00 pm

Sounds like good things in the lab Arkie! I hope BarMinion's departure heralds the dawn of a new day!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » November 2nd, 2014, 5:55 am

I'm hoping for a name change to something like As the Centrifuge Spins