LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 11th, 2014, 10:28 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Complaints to the High School Athletic Association haven't met with any success?
I don't know if this has been done. If it hasn't, it needs to happen.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 11th, 2014, 10:30 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:And with that I've passed 5,000. The last thousand or so have been on my Nook. However, it appears to be giving up the ghost. Most of the apps aren't working. Should I erase and de-register it and start over?
Congratulations!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

No. Your count will stay the same.
Last edited by Very Duke Blue on October 11th, 2014, 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 11th, 2014, 10:31 pm

Thanks fo all the vibes. Max felt much better today. No word on John.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 11th, 2014, 10:45 pm

DukePA wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:We just got from Faison. JK won 43 to 8. Last week, N Duplin had 20 calls against them. Most were unnecessary roughness and unsportsmen like activity. They are known for this kind of crap. They were at it again. For some reason, the refs called very little one them. Two of our kids got hurt. Our Max was one. He got stomped on his low back, kidney,
giving him a contusion as big as a large grapefruit. Max, we think is OK. Bud checked him over, no blood in his urine and it wasn't too deep in the muscle. John's arm was hurt in another pile up. He should be OK. Several years back, 3 of our players had broken ankles coming out of the pile. Their players would twist them until they broke. Other schools have been though the same crap. I don't get it. Why it continues and why that coach allows and probable encourages this type of behavior. X(
This cannot be allowed to continue. Mega healing vibes to Max and all North Duplin opponents.
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Your right. I hope it stops.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » October 12th, 2014, 12:05 pm

What a great win for the Duke Football Team, Staff and Fans yesterday in Atlanta. Not even a 77 minute weather delay, stopped the Blue Devils!!!!!!!!!!!! 5-1 (1 more to be Bowl eligible!!) :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: ^:)^
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 12th, 2014, 2:53 pm

I'm getting hungry for Saturday AM already...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

As the Bunsen Burns

Post by ArkieDukie » October 13th, 2014, 6:24 pm

Today was a banner day: BarMinion handed in her resignation! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Rumor is that she got a job internally. Unless I miss my guess, that means one of two things: either she for the job that I was trying to get (core facility job), or she's going to be working for Wile E. Coyote. I'm not sure of any other jobs on campus that she would be qualified for. Personally I hope the rumor is wrong and she's leaving for good.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: As the Bunsen Burns

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 13th, 2014, 6:34 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Today was a banner day: BarMinion handed in her resignation! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Rumor is that she got a job internally. Unless I miss my guess, that means one of two things: either she for the job that I was trying to get (core facility job), or she's going to be working for Wile E. Coyote. I'm not sure of any other jobs on campus that she would be qualified for. Personally I hope the rumor is wrong and she's leaving for good.
I hope it works out that BM is gone for good!!!! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 13th, 2014, 7:18 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Today was a banner day: BarMinion handed in her resignation! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Suitable soundtrack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHJoj9IqeKg
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 13th, 2014, 7:30 pm

Hooray!!!!! :happy-bouncyblue:

(I could think of some things around campus that would be perfect for her....)
Iron Duke #1471997.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » October 13th, 2014, 8:34 pm

OOOOOHHHHHHH! EMMMMMMM! GEEEEEEEE! :pickle: :banana-rock: :happy-bouncyblue: :jester: :banana-linedance: :happy-bouncygreen: :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-wavemulticolor:
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 13th, 2014, 8:39 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:OOOOOHHHHHHH! EMMMMMMM! GEEEEEEEE! :pickle: :banana-rock: :happy-bouncyblue: :jester: :banana-linedance: :happy-bouncygreen: :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-wavemulticolor:
Love, Ima
You sure have a way with words, Ima! :ymhug:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 13th, 2014, 9:37 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:

Hooray!!!!! :happy-bouncyblue:

(I could think of some things around campus that would be perfect for her....)
I was thinking Custodian.
Life is good!
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » October 14th, 2014, 5:52 am

Well that's one way to start the work week! :D
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » October 14th, 2014, 9:01 am

Well Hip Hip Hurrah! :D :D :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :-BD :-BD
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 14th, 2014, 12:14 pm

Inquiring minds want to know - any news on where BM found gainful employment?
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 14th, 2014, 7:47 pm

windsor wrote:Inquiring minds want to know - any news on where BM found gainful employment?
Nope. She told MacGyver that she doesn't have anything lined up and is through with science. I don't believe her. Otherwise, why would she still be attending the special instrument training.

We were already in the room this morning and had started when BM came bee-bopping into the room, all smiles. I told her good morning and expressed surprise that she was there (pleasant tone of voice). Her response, in a bitchy tone of voice, was, "There's a lot of things you didn't figure out." Nice, right? A bit creepy, too. There's no telling what she has up her sleeve.

The big news of the day: somehow or other, Wile E. Coyote's paper was accepted into the top journal in our field. BGS' paper, which was about 100x better, was outright rejected. We currently have an appeal in to the editorial board. News of WEC's paper cements the conclusion I came to regarding this journal when they accepted the infamous paper from Pushy PI and The Minion: they accept papers solely for political reasons and not based upon scientific merit. If BGS' appeal is not granted, the journal is dead to me.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 14th, 2014, 10:13 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
windsor wrote:Inquiring minds want to know - any news on where BM found gainful employment?
Nope. She told MacGyver that she doesn't have anything lined up and is through with science. I don't believe her. Otherwise, why would she still be attending the special instrument training.

We were already in the room this morning and had started when BM came bee-bopping into the room, all smiles. I told her good morning and expressed surprise that she was there (pleasant tone of voice). Her response, in a bitchy tone of voice, was, "There's a lot of things you didn't figure out." Nice, right? A bit creepy, too. There's no telling what she has up her sleeve.

The big news of the day: somehow or other, Wile E. Coyote's paper was accepted into the top journal in our field. BGS' paper, which was about 100x better, was outright rejected. We currently have an appeal in to the editorial board. News of WEC's paper cements the conclusion I came to regarding this journal when they accepted the infamous paper from Pushy PI and The Minion: they accept papers solely for political reasons and not based upon scientific merit. If BGS' appeal is not granted, the journal is dead to me.
Bar Minion will leave to be an editor at that journal :D
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » October 16th, 2014, 5:54 am

Ugh, OY really flubbed that Coach K award headline. The AUSA is not The United States Military Academy at West Point.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 16th, 2014, 9:16 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Ugh, OY really flubbed that Coach K award headline. The AUSA is not The United States Military Academy at West Point.
Belated congrats on post 5000 a few days back.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.