Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Weather Check!

Post by devildeac » July 9th, 2010, 8:41 am

CathyCA wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CathyCA wrote:It's thundering now. I had to clear the pool. We now have a house full of kids.

Thank goodness for :beer: .
CathyCA wrote:We're hearing thunder this morning. I am not too excited about spending the last day at the beach in a house full of kids.
Obviously, you need more :beer: :D
:beer: before breakfast?
From my Schlafly's t-shirt:

Beer, it's not just for breakfast anymore :D .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 9th, 2010, 9:15 am

I've moved out to the deck, where I'm enjoying a humid ocean breeze, and the solitude of an empty beach. My nieces and nephews are in the kitchen fighting over whose mom brought the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls. "My mom brought them, so I get to bake them." "I turned the oven on. I get to bake them." One niece grabbed the cinnamon roll package and ran downstairs to consult her mom (who is sleeping off a hangover).

I keep reminding myself that a bad day at the beach is better than a good day at work, but this day is truly testing that theory.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 9th, 2010, 9:25 am

CathyCA wrote:I've moved out to the deck, where I'm enjoying a humid ocean breeze, and the solitude of an empty beach. My nieces and nephews are in the kitchen fighting over whose mom brought the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls. "My mom brought them, so I get to bake them." "I turned the oven on. I get to bake them." One niece grabbed the cinnamon roll package and ran downstairs to consult her mom (who is sleeping off a hangover).

I keep reminding myself that a bad day at the beach is better than a good day at work, but this day is truly testing that theory.
:beer: :beer: :beer:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 9th, 2010, 9:27 am

CathyCA wrote:I've moved out to the deck, where I'm enjoying a humid ocean breeze, and the solitude of an empty beach. My nieces and nephews are in the kitchen fighting over whose mom brought the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls. "My mom brought them, so I get to bake them." "I turned the oven on. I get to bake them." One niece grabbed the cinnamon roll package and ran downstairs to consult her mom (who is sleeping off a hangover).

DD beat me to this, but I had beer inflation on him.
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 9th, 2010, 8:38 pm

Pouring down rain here. The satellite has gone out. :( At least there's no thunder and lightning like last night. Sasha seemed to think the only place she was safe was lying on my right shoulder.

Maybe the lack of television is a sign from God that I need to get off the couch and exercise.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 9th, 2010, 8:39 pm

Spoke too soon. Thunder. And one intrepid miniSchnauzer sitting between me and the laptop.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » July 9th, 2010, 8:54 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Pouring down rain here. The satellite has gone out. :( At least there's no thunder and lightning like last night. Sasha seemed to think the only place she was safe was lying on my right shoulder.

Maybe the lack of television is a sign from God that I need to get off the couch and exercise.
The light drizzle that's falling now is such a blessing to the flora hereabouts. I'm enjoying the pleasant sound of the drops against the windows. Time to curl up with my sweet little Chihuahua/terrier.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 9th, 2010, 11:52 pm

Oh boy! More lightning at the beach.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 10th, 2010, 7:39 am

lawgrad91 wrote:

DD beat me to this, but I had beer inflation on him.
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
:)) =))
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 10th, 2010, 7:43 am

It's raining at the beach this morning, so I don't mind going home today.

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 10th, 2010, 6:20 pm

At Kerry Lake, the day has been mostly overcast. Some what cooler than I expected. In the 80's. It's been a great lake day. Bud and friend, have been building a storage shed. They are ready to put the roof on tomorrow. They started the shed Tuesday. Not a bad 4 days of work. Harley and I played ball for over an hour...down on the lake. He is somewhat tired now.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 10th, 2010, 7:51 pm

RAIN!!! Finally, real rain! It's been coming down heavily off an on for the last hour, I'm about to go for a nice wet walk.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 10th, 2010, 7:53 pm

No rain here. It's all east of us. :( :Boo: :sigh:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 12th, 2010, 6:46 pm

Our grass might turn green again tomorrow!

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 12th, 2010, 9:05 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:RAIN!!! Finally, real rain! It's been coming down heavily off an on for the last hour, I'm about to go for a nice wet walk.
Wish we would get some rain. :( We came home today for a brief stay. Bud watered the garden but it's not like rain.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 12th, 2010, 11:57 pm

Thunder is asunder. I bet it doesn't even rain here. This morning I got a service call to a client (one of the beach clubs), three computers got zapped by lightning. The strike got them through their ethernet lines, this is common. Luckily, one of the network switches got zapped before the 4th computer. In 2 of the computers I had to swap out the PCI network cards, they were very lucky they even had them. If they were on the motherboard, the PC probably would have been toast. Both cards literally had their chips blasted off of them, nice scorch mark on each. The bell tolled for the third PC. It had a PCI card too (meaning it was not built in) but it was still toasted too much, it got the CPU.
So, to all of you out there in CTN land. If you are smart, buy yourself an ethernet surge protector, or a surge protector strip that has this built in. The lighting hits your phone line (DSL) or cable and travels across it. Your tv might be fine, other equipment might be fine, but one pc might be dead. My client was lucky. They have 15 PC's total and only lost one computer and a 5 port switch. Their 24 port switch was also smoked, but only on the affected ports, and they had 5 to spare.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 13th, 2010, 1:26 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Thunder is asunder. This morning I got a service call to a client (one of the beach clubs), three computers got zapped by lightning. The strike got them through their ethernet lines, this is common.

So, to all of you out there in CTN land. If you are smart, buy yourself an ethernet surge protector, or a surge protector strip that has this built in. The lighting hits your phone line (DSL) or cable and travels across it. Your tv might be fine, other equipment might be fine, but one pc might be dead. My client was lucky. They have 15 PC's total and only lost one computer and a 5 port switch. Their 24 port switch was also smoked, but only on the affected ports, and they had 5 to spare.
You want to sell them some real lightning protection for their equipment? Phone lines, cable and of course, AC power? Call me.

gadzooks
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by gadzooks » July 13th, 2010, 11:28 am

Some heavy rain this morning...must be because they were supposed to power-wash our building today.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 13th, 2010, 11:29 am

gadzooks wrote:Some heavy rain this morning...must be because they were supposed to power-wash our building today.
Power washing by God!

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 13th, 2010, 6:35 pm

Nasty thunderstorm here. Dogs are hiding in downstairs bathroom. Breaker switched off twice.
Iron Duke #1471997.