Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukePA » August 29th, 2014, 12:34 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
shereec wrote:Congratulations to Miles! He and his beautiful wife blessed our family with a perfect baby boy yesterday evening! Mother, baby, and Papa all healthy and happy.
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

And he is adorable! Let's start outfitting that boy in the correct shade of blue!
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Miles and Kelly are like Stevo and me- they are a house divided. I must say, however, that Kelly is one of my most favorite Tar Heels. She's a total sweetie :)
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » August 29th, 2014, 2:08 pm

DukePA wrote: Kelly is one of my most favorite Tar Heels. She's a total sweetie :)
Absolutely agree!!
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » August 31st, 2014, 12:26 pm

Bumping this up to the top. Any thread that mentions new additions to the world should be there.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 31st, 2014, 4:13 pm

Nephew Alex ran an accidental half marathon yesterday. He came in first* in his age group.

*Not an official forst howevr. He went for his morning run and got lost. He hitched a ride home. :D
Life is good!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 31st, 2014, 9:24 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Nephew Alex ran an accidental half marathon yesterday. He came in first* in his age group.

*Not an official forst howevr. He went for his morning run and got lost. He hitched a ride home. :D
Alex "broke in line" =)) =))
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 31st, 2014, 11:07 pm

For those of you not on FB, Windsor has challenged AD, CB&B and me to the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. Too bad I didn't get it yesterday; an ice bath would have felt refreshing in the sauna that was Durham.

Coworker Awbrey lost an uncle to ALS. I will do my part. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 1st, 2014, 8:41 am

lawgrad91 wrote:For those of you not on FB, Windsor has challenged AD, CB&B and me to the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. Too bad I didn't get it yesterday; an ice bath would have felt refreshing in the sauna that was Durham.

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

It was 90 something yesterday (Florida - August...duh!) so it didn't feel that bad after the initial shock.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 1st, 2014, 9:07 am

lawgrad91 wrote:For those of you not on FB, Windsor has challenged AD, CB&B and me to the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. Too bad I didn't get it yesterday; an ice bath would have felt refreshing in the sauna that was Durham.

:ymhug: :Clap:
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 2nd, 2014, 8:44 pm

No posts in any thread since 10:43 A.M. my time. :((
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 2nd, 2014, 8:47 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:No posts in any thread since 10:43 A.M. my time. :((
Wrong..there were a few posts in Football. :duke:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 2nd, 2014, 9:23 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:No posts in any thread since 10:43 A.M. my time. :((
Wrong..there were a few posts in Football. :duke:
Football? What's that? Okay, okay...I'm still hung up on the Spurrier years.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 3rd, 2014, 7:44 pm

I signed Tyler up for an online performance dog foundation class through Agility University. I was very excited because it is taught by Tracy Golin Sklenar who I have hear GREAT things about (she is in NY) After I signed up I friended her on Facebook only to find she is Duke '92 - and a DUMB alum. Who knew? Small World!

I am now doubly excited for class to start (first lesson posts 9/14)

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 3rd, 2014, 8:56 pm

windsor wrote:I signed Tyler up for an online performance dog foundation class through Agility University. I was very excited because it is taught by Tracy Golin Sklenar who I have hear GREAT things about (she is in NY) After I signed up I friended her on Facebook only to find she is Duke '92 - and a DUMB alum. Who knew? Small World!

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
How does an online dog class work?
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 3rd, 2014, 9:54 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
windsor wrote:I signed Tyler up for an online performance dog foundation class through Agility University. I was very excited because it is taught by Tracy Golin Sklenar who I have hear GREAT things about (she is in NY) After I signed up I friended her on Facebook only to find she is Duke '92 - and a DUMB alum. Who knew? Small World!

How does an online dog class work?
Bark once for true and twice for false?

:o3 :ScoobyDoo: :gromit:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 4th, 2014, 7:51 am

Online dog classes are generally for experienced trainer types :) and have become all the 'thing' in the performance dog universe.

Here is the structure for the one I am taking.

Course Structure:

Written descriptions and progressive training assignments with the puppy to be videotaped for feedback.
Video demos of each game or skill.
Questions answered and feedback on each assignment from instructor in the class forum.
Discussion with other students (working and auditing) in the Class Forum as well as access to the general AU
forums.
Access to Class Chat
Access to Faculty Office Hours

-----

There are levels of participation - I am opting to audit which means I will NOT submit video for review but I get everything else (including being able to see other peoples videos)
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » September 4th, 2014, 10:12 am

and I repeat myself.....I want to come back as a Windsor dog! :x
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 4th, 2014, 12:12 pm

IowaDevil wrote:and I repeat myself.....I want to come back as a Windsor dog! :x

This is what the course covers:

This is the first course in the MaxPup series. We will build the foundation for teamwork, focus, drive and of course PLAY! There will be approximately 50 easy, fun games for you and your pup, each with a description and demo video. We will focus on four main quadrants on foundation training:

Play, Motivation and Focus
Shaping Body Awareness
Obstacle Foundation
Handling Foundation
All of this will be built through a series of motivational games that incorporate play, shaping and most of all: FUN! You will be able to watch video demos of the instructor’s pups, as well as get feedback on your work with your own pup through video assignments and forum discussions.

I wouldn't mind coming back as one of my dogs :)
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 4th, 2014, 1:11 pm

windsor wrote:
IowaDevil wrote:and I repeat myself.....I want to come back as a Windsor dog! :x

This is what the course covers:

This is the first course in the MaxPup series. We will build the foundation for teamwork, focus, drive and of course PLAY! There will be approximately 50 easy, fun games for you and your pup, each with a description and demo video. We will focus on four main quadrants on foundation training:

Play, Motivation and Focus
Shaping Body Awareness
Obstacle Foundation
Handling Foundation
All of this will be built through a series of motivational games that incorporate play, shaping and most of all: FUN! You will be able to watch video demos of the instructor’s pups, as well as get feedback on your work with your own pup through video assignments and forum discussions.

Pick me out of the litter, too! :O3
Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 4th, 2014, 1:32 pm

windsor wrote:

It is a sad commentary that the diet I feed my dogs is far superior to that which is available to a huge percentage of the world's human population.

(and healthier than that of a lot of people who have access to good food and choose poorly)
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 4th, 2014, 4:02 pm

Well, friend and a former classmate from Duke, got a big conviction today in the case against ex-VA Governor Bob McDonnell.