LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by IowaDevil » July 31st, 2014, 10:04 am

WOW, what a day yesterday and I missed it all! I am giggling at the prospect of LS calling into LG's office and surprising all! AD, I will never understand all the players in the Bunsen Burns but somehow it makes me giggle! I'm for Voodoo dolls! I promise to check in more often today! :D
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 31st, 2014, 11:22 am

bjornolf wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2146 ... g-national

So the idiot in charge down the road has a 6 pack (when you don't have to supervise your "students" you have plenty of time to lift). BFD. Coach Cut and Coach Doeren from State do too... :9f:
Is it just me, or is the way he is standing with his arm around his bikini clad daughter's waist just the tiniest bit creepy?
It's not just you, bjornolf, though I thought it was just my jaded prosecutor's eyes. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 1st, 2014, 7:25 pm

windsor wrote:I had wondered when I heard that BarMinion was back in RR good graces if that was actually an HR edict. If you put someone on a performance plan you have to give them every chance to improve and she might have been told to make nice nice. The bad evaluation is interesting. Very interesting. That may also speak to the whole 'good graces' appearance. Hopefully the evaluation is fully documented. The level of dysfunction in that department is exemplified by RR having to warn people that a subordinate is pissed of and may sabotage others work. Seriously? WTF?

I am shaking my head over forwarding the meting invite t her husband - is she expecting to bring him along? As a side note, I forwarded a meeting invite from work to my home e-mail. Within minutes the meeting organizer asked why I had forwarded it outside Aetna because that is a no no of epic proportions. He felt pretty stupid when he realized I had sent it to myself. (we were expecting violent thunderstorms that afternoon - so I wanted to webex on my phone in case the lights went out.)

In other news...what happened to the nanny cam request for the instrument?
I'm not sure about what happened with the nanny cam request. Road Runner has not revealed that information, and I have not asked. It may be in the category of things that a minimal number of people are supposed to know about.

I got a text today from BGS today. Apparently BM was on the warpath and was haranguing the grad student who is just finishing up a rotation in the lab. BM was grilling the student about when he joined the lab and how he knew to sign off on the safety documentation. She then proceeded to grill him on all sorts of safety policies. (Side note: one of her jobs, that she has not been doing, is lab safety officer. Allegedly she was ripped a new one in her evaluation for not doing this.) According to BGS, she told the summer student that she wasn't even aware he was a member of the lab and that someone should've told her because, "Her job is to sit in her office, analyze data and write papers. I don't spend any time in the lab." I really hope BGS passes this gem along to Road Runner. RR will be oh-so-surprised to hear that BM has changed her own job description and that it doesn't involve things she's actually supposed to be doing. Since BM tends to beat up on the people at the bottom of the food chain, her manner of retaliation is not too surprising.

Relevant Point #1: among the tasks that that Bar Minion has dropped the ball on was a specific aim for Road Runner's grant. She was the one who was supposed to be doing it, and it was supposed to have been done by now. This task involves lab work, not "sitting in her office, analyzing data and writing papers." This was mentioned in the Performance Improvement Plan. I know this because RR showed it to me.

Relevant Point #2: the whole blowup between RR and BM was precipitated by an updated lab roster, sent out by RR, that included the grad student in question. Didn't know who he was, my ass. 8-| Guess we now know BM's defense relating to her poor evaluation: "How could I have done my job if no one told me he was in our lab?"
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » August 2nd, 2014, 1:42 pm

No games being broadcast today from world-famous Maracanã stadium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. At least none that I can watch with my current lineup of channels.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 2nd, 2014, 8:35 pm

"Holy sh...ark!"
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 2nd, 2014, 9:46 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:"Holy sh...ark!"
Loved that line. :character-jaws: :violence-chainsaw:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 3rd, 2014, 8:21 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
I also found it amusing when he "jumped the shark" to get across the flooded street.

Is it just me, or was the sequel better than the original? I thought there were far more LOL moments in the sequel. Maybe the sequel was clearly more tongue-in-cheek?
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 3rd, 2014, 8:24 am

Found out on Thursday that my former boss had a liver transplant earlier this month. Apparently he has been quite ill for a while. That explains much of the radio silence regarding emails.
-- Albert Einstein
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 3rd, 2014, 9:29 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
I also found it amusing when he "jumped the shark" to get across the flooded street.

Is it just me, or was the sequel better than the original? I thought there were far more LOL moments in the sequel. Maybe the sequel was clearly more tongue-in-cheek?
Yeah...they played it perfectly, not once did they ever take themselves seriously. The Today show updates were a great touch.
By the way, I am patting myself on the back. When Tara Reid's hand got munched, I told Julie we'd see that gun again in the last scene. Interesting how her hand grew a forearm while inside the shark.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » August 3rd, 2014, 12:34 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Found out on Thursday that my former boss had a liver transplant earlier this month. Apparently he has been quite ill for a while. That explains much of the radio silence regarding emails.
Many healing vibes to former boss. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 3rd, 2014, 5:03 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Found out on Thursday that my former boss had a liver transplant earlier this month. Apparently he has been quite ill for a while. That explains much of the radio silence regarding emails.

Wow. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Vibes to he and his family.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 3rd, 2014, 9:50 pm

Prayers and vibes to former boss and the family.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 3rd, 2014, 9:51 pm

Hi from the Sheraton Oceanfront in Virginia Beach. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 3rd, 2014, 9:53 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Hi from the Sheraton Oceanfront in Virginia Beach. :9f:
Hope you are connecting with Bob Green while you are there and trying our the new Green Flash Brewing Company (if they're open already) during your visit.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 3rd, 2014, 10:58 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Hi from the Sheraton Oceanfront in Virginia Beach. :9f:
Hi!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 4th, 2014, 12:06 am

Healing vibes and prayers to former boss. :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray:
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 4th, 2014, 7:06 pm

Today's fun and games: one of my colleagues popped into my office, first thing, this morning, to tell me that Wile E. Coyote had a paper rejected by the top paper in our field. WEC's exact words, according to my friend, was that the reviewers "chewed it up and spit it out." Quelle surprise - the colleague also said that the paper was a hot mess. If someone not even in the same field thinks the paper is bad, it must've been truly abysmal. Since this colleague is savvy, he knows the relative impact factors of all the journals, and he knows which one is next in line for my field. Armed with this knowledge, and being an intelligent guy, he asked WEC, "Are you going to submit to (the #2 journal)?" WEC's response? "No; that journal is crap." :-o :^o

Aside from the fact that this statement is completely false, WEC has more than likely relayed his opinion to The Boss. Recall that The Boss trusts WEC's opinion above all others when it comes to questions relating to my field. This means that, by extension, The Boss thinks this particular journal is crap as well. Now, guess which journal most of my papers are published in. Yep - the #2 journal. Again, if I had to guess, this is WEC's way of making himself look better by trying to make his colleagues (Road Runner and me) look bad. Scumbag. :Boo: L-)

If I had to guess, I'd say WEC is basing his opinion on the fact that he cannot get his work published in this particular journal. I've seen his papers, and they do not meet the minimum publication requirements. #2 journal is slightly less stringent than the #1 journal, and he comes nowhere near the requirements for the #2 journal, so he's miles away from meeting the requirements for the #1 journal.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 6th, 2014, 8:03 pm

Two days with no posts. How could this happen?
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 6th, 2014, 10:32 pm

I killed the thread with my Debbie Downer post. Thanks for reviving! :D :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 7th, 2014, 10:35 am

I wish there was a video of my walk to the car last night - raining so hard and it was so windy that the umbrella was plastered to my face, I had to take my shoes off to walk across the parking lot, and I was soaked to the skin when I made it to the car. It had to be a pretty humorous sight.

Made it to my friend's house and Robbie, the dog, refused to go outside. Dog was smarter than me.
Life is good!