LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by ArkieDukie » July 12th, 2014, 9:38 am

windsor wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Okay, then it's not just me. Didn't know if I was being overly sensitive or if my friend was being an inconsiderate jerk by asking the bartender when he should come back in order to meet single females. I would not even think about asking a bartender when the cute guys come in if I'm sitting with a male friend. Is this just a guy thing, or is it a L-) thing?

It depends on how he asked....and how often. A single inquiry is one thing...repeated queries about when the hot babes with the bodacious tatas show up is another altogether.

I would treat a inquiry of mutual interest a little different (assuming for a moment you are single and straight :)) if he had asked when the good looking single MEN came in --one might assume mutual interest in this information but again, one polite query vs. repeated or crass ones is ok, at least in my book.
This really falls more toward the repeated crass inquiry side of things IMO. You had to be there. Not quite as bad as in the scenario you describe, but same intention.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » July 12th, 2014, 10:24 am

Should people be concerned when someone admits they have a "body-sized duffel bag (will save it for later)"?

I'm joking of course.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » July 12th, 2014, 12:45 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Should people be concerned when someone admits they have a "body-sized duffel bag (will save it for later)"?

I'm joking of course.

LOL - I l know who you mean :)

Yes, we should be concerned. :D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » July 12th, 2014, 6:22 pm

Holy crap I just realized that the American Kennel Club now allows MINATURE poodles to do hunt tests! I can do field work with the new puppy. Time to get some dead ducks in the freezer!
So agility, obedience, rally, dock diving, lure coursing, nose work, barn hunting, and retrieving. We're gonna be busy. Hell..forgot therapy dog certification...
Yes, this is Dylan back in the day:

dylan_jr hunter.jpg
dylan_jr hunter.jpg (34.83 KiB) Viewed 344 times
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 12th, 2014, 11:20 pm

Someone in the lane next to me hit a goose on Thursday. It was part of a pair. She was busy talking on her cell phone tk notice the bird.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 12th, 2014, 11:21 pm

Just hanging with my girl Mary.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 13th, 2014, 12:10 am

windsor wrote:Jester is on the mend.

Wizard is not. He fought the good fight, but a few hours ago I let him go. He is free now. I am crushed.

Just back from the Mission trip to NM. I'm glad to hear that Jester is on the mend. So very sorry to hear about Wizard. It is so hard to let a furry family member go. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 13th, 2014, 12:16 am

Just spent a week in NM on the youth mission trip. If interested, here is a link to our blog giving a glimpse at our week: http://leawoodumcyouth2014.blogspot.com/
Life is good!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 13th, 2014, 10:13 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Someone in the lane next to me hit a goose on Thursday. It was part of a pair. She was busy talking on her cell phone tk notice the bird.
Windsor can use it.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 13th, 2014, 10:47 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Someone in the lane next to me hit a goose on Thursday. It was part of a pair. She was busy talking on her cell phone tk notice the bird.
pâte
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » July 13th, 2014, 11:47 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Windsor can use it.
A goose might be a bit large for a miniature poodle..but i'll take a wing
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 14th, 2014, 9:40 am

Ima, you are a saint. Mom got around to describing all her cards to me last night, and she told me all about the beautiful card she had gotten from my Blue Devil friend, and how special it was.

Thank you. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

Love, Lawgrad
Iron Duke #1471997.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 15th, 2014, 2:25 pm

Bought a cute pair of shoes last week and decided to wear them today. What I did not realize in the store is that they squeek when I walk. I sure hope that squeek goes away as these are cute shoes.
I worship the Blue Devil!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 15th, 2014, 9:05 pm

Do they squeak on all surfaces? I have a couple pairs of shoes that squeak when I am walking on the service level of our building but are fine elsewhere.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » July 17th, 2014, 8:23 am

TWO DAYS TO PUPPY!!!!

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » July 17th, 2014, 8:26 am

windsor wrote:TWO DAYS TO PUPPY!!!!

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
:O3 :animals-dogrun: ENJOY!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 17th, 2014, 10:02 am

IowaDevil wrote:

:O3 :animals-dogrun: ENJOY!
Hooray for Puppy!

The Slates have a new four-legged addition to the fam. TigerDevil has posted some pix on FB. :O3 :O3
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 17th, 2014, 5:53 pm

Puppy breath..... :ymhug:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 17th, 2014, 5:56 pm

Tonight we are having corn, tomatoes, cucumbers and okra from our garden. I also made tuna salad with olive oil. Yum. :happy-bouncyblue:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 17th, 2014, 5:56 pm

Post 8000. :D