LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by YmoBeThere » June 24th, 2014, 8:14 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:Did Throatybeard get put on a new vacation OY or is that lingering from the last vacation he was given? Anyone know?
should have said Holiday instead of vacation. Must get my sanctions correctly named.
I think he probably got another Holiday. I did see a post where he was complaining about OF.
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » June 25th, 2014, 9:10 am

There was another thread where his wife was getting junk mail from unc asking for donations, and he equated that with stalking, with a rant about how hard it is to be a Duke fan in the great state of North Carolina as an added bonus. It was pretty bizarre, if not unhinged. I'm guessing he put too much Red Bull in his Wheaties. What perplexes me is why the thread is still open.
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » June 25th, 2014, 10:11 am

Turk wrote:There was another thread where his wife was getting junk mail from unc asking for donations, and he equated that with stalking, with a rant about how hard it is to be a Duke fan in the great state of North Carolina as an added bonus. It was pretty bizarre, if not unhinged. I'm guessing he put too much Red Bull in his Wheaties. What perplexes me is why the thread is still open.
Or perhaps he needs to get off the Cutty Sark.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » June 25th, 2014, 10:59 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Hoping a Vandy CWS title is in the offing Monday night!
I was early. Still hoping, but it is a best 2 out of 3. The 'Dores won Game 1 last night.
Tonight's the night for Vandy! I feel it in my bones! :-BD
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 25th, 2014, 11:49 am

IowaDevil wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
I was early. Still hoping, but it is a best 2 out of 3. The 'Dores won Game 1 last night.
I'd rather see the 'Hoos get it; pulling for the ACC over the SEC.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 25th, 2014, 12:09 pm

Turk wrote:There was another thread where his wife was getting junk mail from unc asking for donations, and he equated that with stalking, with a rant about how hard it is to be a Duke fan in the great state of North Carolina as an added bonus. It was pretty bizarre, if not unhinged. I'm guessing he put too much Red Bull in his Wheaties. What perplexes me is why the thread is still open.
He probably felt better after the rant, but he should have hit "delete" instead of "send." He has been in NC recently, and it can be tough to be a Duke fan in the state, but not sure how the junk mail to the Mrs. Beard (apparently they got her new address even though they moved without leaving a forwarding notice) equates to stalking women. He had a much more subdued rant on FB earlier.

My high school still sends junk mail to Mom. God only knows where my undergrad stuff goes. Duke has never had a problem finding me. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 25th, 2014, 1:36 pm

Yesterday in court:

1. My client's mother, sister, and next door neighbor all came unglued when the judge continued the case until August so that the police officer could be here to testify. Extra bailiffs came swooping down upon our courtroom. My client sat quietly and patiently while those three ranted and raved and made threats. The judge decided to leave my client in court for a while for his (my client's) own safety.

2. Another defendant referred to the law enforcement officers sitting in the jury box as "the peanut gallery," and he found himself in contempt of court.

3. Another defendant came forward to ask for a continuance while the ADA and I were working on a bond reduction. This defendant's name? Mr. Outlaw. Much hilarity and suppressed giggling followed from the counsel table when Mr. Outlaw left the courtroom. (I guess you kinda had to be there. . .)

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Turk

Post by Turk » June 25th, 2014, 3:10 pm

DukePA wrote:
I think the Cutty or its equivalent is greybeard's writing fuel...
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 25th, 2014, 3:30 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
IowaDevil wrote:
I'd rather see the 'Hoos get it; pulling for the ACC over the SEC.
Hoo's all the way! Let's Go ACC! :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 25th, 2014, 8:51 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I'd rather see the 'Hoos get it; pulling for the ACC over the SEC.
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Hoo's all the way! Let's Go ACC! :9f:

And no, you can't do that!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 25th, 2014, 8:52 pm

Just a hypothetical, if UNC were playing would you root for them? Are you sure??? That's what I thought!!! :D
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » June 25th, 2014, 9:50 pm

Turk wrote:
DukePA wrote:
I think the Cutty or its equivalent is greybeard's writing fuel...
From the initial description, I was betting that he had posted something about Fight Club. :-$
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 25th, 2014, 10:03 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Did Throatybeard get put on a new vacation OY or is that lingering from the last vacation he was given? Anyone know?
Gotta be a new one cuz he had that post blasting Olympic Fan about something he said about Tony Gwynn. Plus, he had his "demotion" from mod to member and a "holiday" after he suggested that DBR members should "boycott" Wheat. Strange stuff.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 25th, 2014, 10:10 pm

That is indeed weird stuff. If he got his "holiday" after starting the "stalking" thread, I'd have thought they'd have removed the post. That is a strange thread but I can imagine some spiteful and even destructive behavior from some of the lunatic unc fans who live here. Red Bull? I'd have thought it was more like this:

:obscene-moneypiss:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 25th, 2014, 10:10 pm

DukePA wrote:
More like Cutty Snark. :ymdevil:
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 26th, 2014, 12:05 am

It has been a good couple of months, Duke Men's Lacrosse, Duke Women's Golf, the Spurs, and now Vandy Baseball.
Turk

Post by Turk » June 26th, 2014, 9:53 am

devildeac wrote:
DukePA wrote:
More like Cutty Snark. :ymdevil:
There's a thread for that! :-BD
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 26th, 2014, 10:24 am

The morning's crazy defendant story: I just had a bond hearing on a guy charged with BURGLARY and LARCENY. He told the judge he needed to get out of jail because while he has been in jail, someone broke into his house and stole his water pipes and a whole lot of stuff. :ymdevil: :ymdevil:

Karma truly is a bitch. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 26th, 2014, 11:16 am

CathyCA wrote:Yesterday in court:

1. My client's mother, sister, and next door neighbor all came unglued when the judge continued the case until August so that the police officer could be here to testify. Extra bailiffs came swooping down upon our courtroom. My client sat quietly and patiently while those three ranted and raved and made threats. The judge decided to leave my client in court for a while for his (my client's) own safety.

2. Another defendant referred to the law enforcement officers sitting in the jury box as "the peanut gallery," and he found himself in contempt of court.

3. Another defendant came forward to ask for a continuance while the ADA and I were working on a bond reduction. This defendant's name? Mr. Outlaw. Much hilarity and suppressed giggling followed from the counsel table when Mr. Outlaw left the courtroom. (I guess you kinda had to be there. . .)

:9f:
Is Mr. Outlaw related to New Bern's mayor? (Dana Outlaw)
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 26th, 2014, 12:55 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Just a hypothetical, if UNC were playing would you root for them? Are you sure??? That's what I thought!!! :D
It wouldn't be the first time I rooted for the Russians :ymdevil: :9f:

Rooting for UVA is totally different and guilt free. Twerps, not so much but no longer an issue!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com