Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by IowaDevil » June 2nd, 2014, 8:39 am

Healing vibes for Michael! Hugs too! :ymhug: :wizard:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 2nd, 2014, 8:57 am

bjornolf wrote:Hey, little vibe request here. My sons were fooling around and Michael (my 8 year old) got his right arm sucked up in a treadmill. He lost most of the skin on his forearm and palm, and possibly a hairline fracture. I keep telling him you always lose fights woth inanimate objects, but he never learns. He was very blessed that it wasn't worse, but he's got a month or more of recovery and daily bandage changes. They're treating it as a second degree burn. Any healing and anti-infection vibes would be very appreciated. In return, I'll spare you the pictures.
That's a HUGE vibe request! I'm sending up special thoughts and prayers for Michael!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukePA

Post by DukePA » June 2nd, 2014, 9:36 am

CathyCA wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Hey, little vibe request here. My sons were fooling around and Michael (my 8 year old) got his right arm sucked up in a treadmill. He lost most of the skin on his forearm and palm, and possibly a hairline fracture. I keep telling him you always lose fights woth inanimate objects, but he never learns. He was very blessed that it wasn't worse, but he's got a month or more of recovery and daily bandage changes. They're treating it as a second degree burn. Any healing and anti-infection vibes would be very appreciated. In return, I'll spare you the pictures.
That's a HUGE vibe request! I'm sending up special thoughts and prayers for Michael!

:9f:
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Michael )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 2nd, 2014, 9:40 am

Vibes and prayers from the Varnish Zone for Michael, and for those who have to treat him.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » June 2nd, 2014, 9:57 am

Healing vibes and prayers and hugs to Michael. :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug:
Life is good!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 2nd, 2014, 3:47 pm

Poor Michael. Lots of healing and anti-infection vibes for the little fella.

:wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma:
I worship the Blue Devil!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 2nd, 2014, 3:57 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
Poor Michael. Lots of healing and anti-infection vibes for the little fella.

:wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma: :wizard: :violence-plasma:
I'll second what Tilly said.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » June 2nd, 2014, 4:21 pm

OMG!!!! How frightening is THAT?!?!?! Oh, boys, boys, boys! So glad it didn't take any bigger toll than it did. Tough lesson to learn but I'd bet the farm they both learned it pretty fast. Guess it's a good thing it's summer and he's not going to school and picking up germs around there all day every day. Not any fun not getting to swim in the summer, though.

Gentle hugs and anti infection vibes flowing. Also a few patience generators for Michael's parents.

Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 2nd, 2014, 6:28 pm

Bar Minion keeps adding to the "fire me, please" documentation. I asked her for help with something today that is within her list of job responsibilities. She refused to help. Yes, this information was passed along to Road Runner, who is gathering documentation from all the lab members to pass along to HR. So nice of her to make this easy on all of us by refusing to do her job. I knew Bar Minion would refuse when I asked her, so I knew I was basically getting additional fuel for the fire. Does that make me a terrible person? :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » June 2nd, 2014, 7:18 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Bar Minion keeps adding to the "fire me, please" documentation. I asked her for help with something today that is within her list of job responsibilities. She refused to help. Yes, this information was passed along to Road Runner, who is gathering documentation from all the lab members to pass along to HR. So nice of her to make this easy on all of us by refusing to do her job. I knew Bar Minion would refuse when I asked her, so I knew I was basically getting additional fuel for the fire. Does that make me a terrible person? :9f:

Maybe - but you would have a lot of company as I imagine we would have all done the same thing in your place.
Life is good!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 2nd, 2014, 7:56 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Bar Minion keeps adding to the "fire me, please" documentation. I asked her for help with something today that is within her list of job responsibilities. She refused to help. Yes, this information was passed along to Road Runner, who is gathering documentation from all the lab members to pass along to HR. So nice of her to make this easy on all of us by refusing to do her job. I knew Bar Minion would refuse when I asked her, so I knew I was basically getting additional fuel for the fire. Does that make me a terrible person? :9f:
No, no terrible. :D
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 2nd, 2014, 9:02 pm

Vibes for Michael and a full recovery.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 2nd, 2014, 9:13 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:OMG!!!! How frightening is THAT?!?!?! Oh, boys, boys, boys! So glad it didn't take any bigger toll than it did. Tough lesson to learn but I'd bet the farm they both learned it pretty fast. Guess it's a good thing it's summer and he's not going to school and picking up germs around there all day every day. Not any fun not getting to swim in the summer, though.

Gentle hugs and anti infection vibes flowing. Also a few patience generators for Michael's parents.

Love, Ima
Two more weeks of school. We're keeping it wrapped at school though.

Thanks so much for all the vibes. The Silvadene seems to be helping a lot.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 2nd, 2014, 9:25 pm

As Alice Roosevelt Longworth once said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, come over here and sit beside me."

No, you are not a terrible person. Or we all are in the same boat, with you. :ymdevil: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » June 3rd, 2014, 7:12 am

I may have done something similar once or twice... :D

Sometimes all you have to do is keep handing them rope.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » June 3rd, 2014, 8:02 am

Absolutely not because the truth eventually prevails. I think you would wrong to sit on the information.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » June 3rd, 2014, 1:25 pm

I think I've found someone to help you make your way past all the crap in your office:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/ross-langill-of- ... -1.2662966
;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » June 3rd, 2014, 2:12 pm

Lavabe wrote:
I think I've found someone to help you make your way past all the crap in your office:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/ross-langill-of- ... -1.2662966
;)
Amateurs. Any of the Lovelies could easily defeat the winner. In high heels. With a glass of wine in one hand.

(is there anything their isn't a competition for? Wait - don't answer that ...after all I saw a poop tracking app on Dr. Oz)
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 3rd, 2014, 4:15 pm

Another rocket scientist in afternoon court. Lady, if you are going to shoplift, you will have a better chance of getting away with it if you don't give the store manager your name, address and phone number and tell her you want a job when you first walk in. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 3rd, 2014, 8:56 pm

Bar Minion had a meeting with HR today, I'm guessing it is the one where she officially found out that Road Runner is firing her uncooperative ass. Wonder how that went. :9f:
-- Albert Einstein