Post by lawgrad91 » May 15th, 2014, 11:31 am

DukePA wrote:Awwww! What a sweet puppy!
What Sister DPA said!
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 15th, 2014, 1:01 pm

windsor wrote:Well it sounds to me like BM has figured out she has stepped in and has changed out her Bitch Hat for her Victim Hat.

I wouldn't trust RR any further than I could hold a cheesecake underwater. I will say that any arrangement which means you don't have to deal with Bar Minion is a good deal.

Don't suppose I could call the puppy "Karadale As The Bunson Burns" ..... LOL. Not an option.

This is the one day old picture of my new puppy - right now he is just a puddle of fur. He's a cream miniature poodle. He looks apricot but they lighten with age.

[attachment=0]puddle of fur.jpg[/atttchment]
So sweet and a bonus of puppy breath. Nothing better.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 15th, 2014, 9:52 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
DukePA wrote:Awwww! What a sweet puppy!
What Sister DPA said!
What my sisters lawgrad and DuPA said! :O3
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 16th, 2014, 7:59 am

windsor wrote:Well it sounds to me like BM has figured out she has stepped in and has changed out her Bitch Hat for her Victim Hat.

I wouldn't trust RR any further than I could hold a cheesecake underwater. I will say that any arrangement which means you don't have to deal with Bar Minion is a good deal.
BM is definitely wearing the victim hat these days. She is crying to everyone with a y chromosome about how difficult she has it. That is NOT going to work with Road Runner. If anything, it will get her tossed more quickly. RR has already told me that, if The Boss cannot find another position for BM, she is cutting her loose at the end of the fiscal year. It is a relief for all concerned that Road Runner has finally reached the saturation point with Bar Minion's antics.

After thinking through the entire situation, I texted Road Runner yesterday and asked if she had considered asking The Boss about a personnel swap. She immediately called me back. The thought had already occurred to her. After hearing of BM's dramatics this week, RR had emailed The Boss to ask about the status of the job quest for BM. He responded by telling her that he does not have enough $$ to pay BM. RR can do math as well as anyone else, and she knows that BM makes around $25K less than I do, so she came up with the idea of the swap on her own. She's going to discuss the idea with The Boss.

There are lots of pros and cons to this one. Cons first: previously mentioned lack of trust. Second: I don't know how long RR's money is going to hold out if she doesn't get a grant. It's got to be getting low. Pros: I'd be doing the type of work that I'm good at, and I would get additional experience that would look good in any future job quests. I would be supervising personnel in her lab, teaching them to do the stuff I do pretty routinely. I do that anyway, but now it would be part of my job description. I would get the research project that was supposed to go to BM before she stepped out of bounds and went all crazy and insubordinate, which I would really like. The Boss promised when I moved here that I would be able to do my own research, but that hasn't happened. Once WEC arrived I became furniture in The Boss' mind. At least, that's the way it appears to me. Besides, as you hinted at above, this would be the one way that I would not have to deal with Bar Minion.

I'd be moving out of a situation where I'm viewed as the intellectual inferior of Wile E. Coyote. I'm seriously tired of getting introduced at meetings as someone who "does data analysis" while WEC is introduced as a world's expert. Part of me wonders if The Boss has the personnel swap in mind already and is waiting for RR to suggest it. WEC is ranting and raving about needing additional personnel. The Boss trades out someone who does lots of work for RR anyway and gains a cheaper person that he can get to work with WEC. The Boss has to recognize this. So, in many ways, it's a win-win. With that being said, I'll keep the job search going so I can make my escape of Road Runner keeps up the crazy.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 16th, 2014, 9:59 am

ArkieDukie wrote:

BM is definitely wearing the victim hat these days. She is crying to everyone with a y chromosome about how difficult she has it. That is NOT going to work with Road Runner. If anything, it will get her tossed more quickly. RR has already told me that, if The Boss cannot find another position for BM, she is cutting her loose at the end of the fiscal year. It is a relief for all concerned that Road Runner has finally reached the saturation point with Bar Minion's antics.

After thinking through the entire situation, I texted Road Runner yesterday and asked if she had considered asking The Boss about a personnel swap. She immediately called me back. The thought had already occurred to her. After hearing of BM's dramatics this week, RR had emailed The Boss to ask about the status of the job quest for BM. He responded by telling her that he does not have enough $$ to pay BM. RR can do math as well as anyone else, and she knows that BM makes around $25K less than I do, so she came up with the idea of the swap on her own. She's going to discuss the idea with The Boss.

There are lots of pros and cons to this one. Cons first: previously mentioned lack of trust. Second: I don't know how long RR's money is going to hold out if she doesn't get a grant. It's got to be getting low. Pros: I'd be doing the type of work that I'm good at, and I would get additional experience that would look good in any future job quests. I would be supervising personnel in her lab, teaching them to do the stuff I do pretty routinely. I do that anyway, but now it would be part of my job description. I would get the research project that was supposed to go to BM before she stepped out of bounds and went all crazy and insubordinate, which I would really like. The Boss promised when I moved here that I would be able to do my own research, but that hasn't happened. Once WEC arrived I became furniture in The Boss' mind. At least, that's the way it appears to me. Besides, as you hinted at above, this would be the one way that I would not have to deal with Bar Minion.

I'd be moving out of a situation where I'm viewed as the intellectual inferior of Wile E. Coyote. I'm seriously tired of getting introduced at meetings as someone who "does data analysis" while WEC is introduced as a world's expert. Part of me wonders if The Boss has the personnel swap in mind already and is waiting for RR to suggest it. WEC is ranting and raving about needing additional personnel. The Boss trades out someone who does lots of work for RR anyway and gains a cheaper person that he can get to work with WEC. The Boss has to recognize this. So, in many ways, it's a win-win. With that being said, I'll keep the job search going so I can make my escape of Road Runner keeps up the crazy.

You have, for the moment, limited options.

1-stay where you are
2-try and jump to RRs team
3-quit, and become a Walmart greeter.

I would absolutely keep your job search going. You never know what may turn up. For the moment, it seems your best option may be to hope you can swap over to RR. You know trust is an issue, so you document and verify accordingly. The additional experience and doing work you would actually like is a huge plus. If you stay where you are you may somehow get he perfect storm of being stuck with WEC AND BarMinion. That combination would make WalMart Greeter an attractive option.

Just out of curiosity...does BM know the salary differential??
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 16th, 2014, 7:54 pm

We're ready for the zombie apocalypse! At least, our military is...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/16/politics/ ... ?hpt=hp_t2
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 17th, 2014, 9:12 am

windsor wrote: You have, for the moment, limited options.

1-stay where you are

I would absolutely keep your job search going. You never know what may turn up. For the moment, it seems your best option may be to hope you can swap over to RR. You know trust is an issue, so you document and verify accordingly. The additional experience and doing work you would actually like is a huge plus. If you stay where you are you may somehow get he perfect storm of being stuck with WEC AND BarMinion. That combination would make WalMart Greeter an attractive option.

I do not know if BM knows of the salary differential, or if she realizes the difference in title. Strictly speaking, I would be taking a demotion if I took her exact job and she would be getting a huge promotion. My hope is that we would each keep current title/salary. That would be something that's negotiated. I'm pretty sure Road Runner has already emailed The Boss; it will be interesting to see how he responds. He's out of town until mid-week, so it will be a while before I find out anything.

Road Runner seemed much more sane/normal yesterday. Both Natasha and I noticed this. Part of this, I'm sure, had to do with a couple of factors: 1. BGS had her committee meeting yesterday, and it went extremely well. 2. (purely hypothesizing) She has finally made the decision to cut Bar Minion loose, and it has relieved her of a lot of her recent stress. Going back in time, much of her craziness started when Natasha and I got blindsided by Bar Minion's (husband's) work. Maybe the crazy was really more about BM and less about MacGyver. It still doesn't explain everything - UNLESS Bar Minion was leveraging her connections in our collaborator's lab to force the publication. In other words, BM persuaded the postdoc in the other lab got his boss to push for publication of their unsanctioned work. That would certainly piss me off no end if I was in Road Runner's shoes. If that is the case, then BM overplayed her hand and gave RR grounds to terminate her for insubordination. The other thing I now know is that Road Runner had made the decision to force BM out as early as last fall (independent confirmation from MacGyver, from back when they were still speaking). All in all, if this scenario is true and the swap does happen, Lord help The Boss and Wile E. Coyote. They really do not know what they are getting into. Maybe it really would be better for all concerned if Road Runner does manage to go through HR and terminate BM at the end of the fiscal year, if not sooner. She definitely deserves it. Anything that happens at this point will add fuel to her persecution complex.

Funny story from yesterday: BM spoke to Natasha for the first time since Natasha politely explained to her via email why BM did not deserve to be a coauthor on her poster. BM told Natasha that she understood what Natasha did because "everyone was fighting for survival and she would do exactly the same thing in her shoes." So, basically, she used her own motives to judge Natasha and labeled her as a cutthroat bitch. Bonus: the conversation took place in the restroom, while they were washing their hands. Natasha told Road Runner about this, and her response was that BM is off in her head. BGS' response was to say that BM's doctor needs to up her meds.
-- Albert Einstein
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » May 17th, 2014, 11:33 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
windsor wrote: You have, for the moment, limited options.

1-stay where you are

I do not know if BM knows of the salary differential, or if she realizes the difference in title. Strictly speaking, I would be taking a demotion if I took her exact job and she would be getting a huge promotion. My hope is that we would each keep current title/salary. That would be something that's negotiated. I'm pretty sure Road Runner has already emailed The Boss; it will be interesting to see how he responds. He's out of town until mid-week, so it will be a while before I find out anything.

Road Runner seemed much more sane/normal yesterday. Both Natasha and I noticed this. Part of this, I'm sure, had to do with a couple of factors: 1. BGS had her committee meeting yesterday, and it went extremely well. 2. (purely hypothesizing) She has finally made the decision to cut Bar Minion loose, and it has relieved her of a lot of her recent stress. Going back in time, much of her craziness started when Natasha and I got blindsided by Bar Minion's (husband's) work. Maybe the crazy was really more about BM and less about MacGyver. It still doesn't explain everything - UNLESS Bar Minion was leveraging her connections in our collaborator's lab to force the publication. In other words, BM persuaded the postdoc in the other lab got his boss to push for publication of their unsanctioned work. That would certainly piss me off no end if I was in Road Runner's shoes. If that is the case, then BM overplayed her hand and gave RR grounds to terminate her for insubordination. The other thing I now know is that Road Runner had made the decision to force BM out as early as last fall (independent confirmation from MacGyver, from back when they were still speaking). All in all, if this scenario is true and the swap does happen, Lord help The Boss and Wile E. Coyote. They really do not know what they are getting into. Maybe it really would be better for all concerned if Road Runner does manage to go through HR and terminate BM at the end of the fiscal year, if not sooner. She definitely deserves it. Anything that happens at this point will add fuel to her persecution complex.

Funny story from yesterday: BM spoke to Natasha for the first time since Natasha politely explained to her via email why BM did not deserve to be a coauthor on her poster. BM told Natasha that she understood what Natasha did because "everyone was fighting for survival and she would do exactly the same thing in her shoes." So, basically, she used her own motives to judge Natasha and labeled her as a cutthroat bitch. Bonus: the conversation took place in the restroom, while they were washing their hands. Natasha told Road Runner about this, and her response was that BM is off in her head. BGS' response was to say that BM's doctor needs to up her meds.
BM = textbook Psychological projection.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 17th, 2014, 12:00 pm

DukePA wrote:
BM = textbook Psychological projection.
You are too kind....

BM = :batman: :poo: 8-} ( Bat Shit Crazy)
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 17th, 2014, 2:34 pm

bjornolf wrote:We're ready for the zombie apocalypse! At least, our military is...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/16/politics/ ... ?hpt=hp_t2
This sounds like a brilliant strategy for training personnel in disaster preparedness. I like it!
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » May 17th, 2014, 9:41 pm

Good night all! Whoops, wrong thread.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 17th, 2014, 10:08 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Good night all! Whoops, wrong thread.
Maybe so, but it got you another post.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 19th, 2014, 8:22 pm

Headed home tomorrow.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 20th, 2014, 3:26 pm

One of the court bailiffs saw my FB profile pic with Ross Cockrell and me, and wanted to know if that was my adopted son. :duke: :duke: :duke: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » May 20th, 2014, 9:31 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:One of the court bailiffs saw my FB profile pic with Ross Cockrell and me, and wanted to know if that was my adopted son. :duke: :duke: :duke: :9f:
One special sonb you have there! :D
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 21st, 2014, 3:29 pm

7 days and 3,000 miles later, I'm happy to be home.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 22nd, 2014, 7:06 am

Puppies - 1 week old. Two cream boys, two black girls. One of the boys (don't know which one yet) is mine.
puppies.jpg
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » May 22nd, 2014, 7:47 am

windsor wrote:Puppies - 1 week old. Two cream boys, two black girls. One of the boys (don't know which one yet) is mine.
puppies.jpg
Take 'em all! Too cute! Congrats Mom!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 22nd, 2014, 8:16 am

windsor wrote:Puppies - 1 week old. Two cream boys, two black girls. One of the boys (don't know which one yet) is mine.
puppies.jpg
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!