LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by YmoBeThere » May 12th, 2014, 9:28 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Vibes and prayers for Mom. She was supposed to have knee replacement next Monday. Today she discovered she has an abscessed tooth and will have to have her tooth removed (she prefers that to a root canal) and recover before she can get her knee replaced. Knee surgery now tentatively scheduled for June 9. :pray: :wizard:
Vibes for your mother that everything goes as planned.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 12th, 2014, 10:27 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Vibes and prayers for Mom. She was supposed to have knee replacement next Monday. Today she discovered she has an abscessed tooth and will have to have her tooth removed (she prefers that to a root canal) and recover before she can get her knee replaced. Knee surgery now tentatively scheduled for June 9. :pray: :wizard:
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray: I hope your mom does well.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 12th, 2014, 10:30 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Keeping busy at the easel today while my mind races about Native and his first day on the job in the Big Apple. Can't wait to hear how it went. This is a major step for our country mouse. He face timed me last evening with Mothers' Day wishes. But I think he was really trying to think up things to do to make the first evening alone in his apartment go by more quickly.

His first adventure (typical of him) was carrying home a 36" TV on the subway! Hey! A guy's gotta be able to watch Duke LAX in the tourney, right?

Love, Ima
I could see Native doing that. LOL!! He is resourceful. :)
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » May 12th, 2014, 10:53 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Keeping busy at the easel today while my mind races about Native and his first day on the job in the Big Apple. Can't wait to hear how it went. This is a major step for our country mouse. He face timed me last evening with Mothers' Day wishes. But I think he was really trying to think up things to do to make the first evening alone in his apartment go by more quickly.

His first adventure (typical of him) was carrying home a 36" TV on the subway! Hey! A guy's gotta be able to watch Duke LAX in the tourney, right?

Love, Ima
I could see Native doing that. LOL!! He is resourceful. :)
CTN loves us some Native!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » May 13th, 2014, 12:03 am

Vibes a-flowin'!!!!!! I know it will be sooooo nice to have a new knee and no tooth and pain free!!!!! We'll keep vibin' until she feels brand new!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 13th, 2014, 5:42 am

:ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY:
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 13th, 2014, 6:48 am

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

VIBES for Mom!! Hope the abscess is dealt with quick and easy and the knee goes just as well!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 13th, 2014, 7:19 am

I'm praying for Mama Lawgrad. :ymhug:

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 13th, 2014, 10:01 am

Keeping Mother LG in my prayers.
Life is good!
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » May 13th, 2014, 11:14 am

I saw a few highlights of the interview with Anderson Cooper and Donald Sterling. Sterling is an old man that keeps digging his grave a little deeper each week. Sterling's advisors need to tell him to shut his mouth, and stay at home.

Sterling was throwing Magic Johnson under the bus. When Sterling would flaunt his mistress/prostitute girlfriend V to the NBA games, and all over LA. Sterling is a disgusting old man.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 13th, 2014, 10:30 pm

Quiet around here. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 14th, 2014, 5:39 am

Entering the doldrums of summer?
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 14th, 2014, 9:29 am

Postby YmoBeThere » May 14th, 2014, 5:39 am

Wow, Ymo, you were up early, or late. You ok? Kitties ok?

Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 14th, 2014, 11:23 am

Doldrums indeed. It is mightly quiet round these parts. I could use a update on what the bunson is burning these days (aka 'come up to the lab and see what's on the slab)

Did The Boss truly toss Bar Minion?
Have Bar Minion and WEC formed an unholy allliance?
Do Boris and Natasha know the whereabouts of Rocky and/or Bulllwinkle?
What about The Dragon Lady??
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 14th, 2014, 1:42 pm

windsor wrote:Doldrums indeed. It is mightly quiet round these parts. I could use a update on what the bunson is burning these days (aka 'come up to the lab and see what's on the slab)

Sounds like teasers for a sequel. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 14th, 2014, 9:59 pm

Prayers and vibes for lawgradmom! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 14th, 2014, 10:20 pm

windsor wrote:Doldrums indeed. It is mightly quiet round these parts. I could use a update on what the bunson is burning these days (aka 'come up to the lab and see what's on the slab)

Bar Minion has not been tossed yet. Moreover, she doesn't know that her time in Road Runner's lab has come to an end. Road Runner dumped the "relocation" task upon The Boss, which I think is a bit of a chickenshit way to do things.

MacGyver had to get a signature from The Boss today, and The Boss grilled him on the situation in Road Runner's lab. Apparently The Boss would love to hire Bar Minion himself ("She's a workaholic." :ymsick: Obviously she still has him snowed.) but doesn't have enough $$. MacGyver suggested talking to the fine folks downstairs, suggesting her for the equivalent of my old Wash U job. Part of me wonders if he and Road Runner would consider a personnel swap (me for BM), but I still don't entirely trust Road Runner.

Road Runner has been out of town this week. I was out last Friday, when Bar Minion was supposed to teach Brilliant Grad Student and Boris how to tune and calibrate the instrument that she is in charge of. Bar Minion staged a sick-out. Over the weekend, Road Runner sent an email to BGS and Boris, copying Bar Minion, telling them to follow along behind Bar Minion and take copious notes so they would be able to tune and calibrate the instrument without her assistance (she forwarded to me later; more below). It was all very positive and nice. So, Monday morning rolls around. Bar Minion comes into the lab, looking a bit pale, claiming to be dizzy from some medication that her doctor gave her. MacGyver asked her what was wrong, and BM started "crying huge crocodile tears" and telling him that she was sick, but Road Runner had told him she had to come in to work and calibrate the instrument. 8-| I ended up having to help them myself, which took the better part of the day. I relayed this information to Road Runner later, to clarify a message that BGS had sent to her. After reading my message, Road Runner forwarded me a copy of the email she had sent and asked, "Does this sound like an order?" (The answer was "no")

The Boss told MacGyver that Bar Minion had come to his office on Thursday, crying because she had gotten into an argument with Natasha over authorship. Either The Boss did not understand BM very well, or she fabricated a big old story. She didn't send the email to me until after 5:00, but I don't know when Natasha's was sent. I do know, however, that Natasha responded via email and told her that she had no basis for her authorship demands. There was not a huge shouting match in the lab. Given the flair for the dramatic in the Monday situation, I would not put it past BM to be trying for the Academy Award for Best Actress in a Lab Drama. The Minion used to pull the same crap, and those with a y chromosome tend to fall for it. My former boss and Pushy PI took her word over mine every single time, and she was usually lying through her teeth. I suspect the same thing is going on in the current situation.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 14th, 2014, 11:07 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Re: LTE 2.0
Postby YmoBeThere » May 14th, 2014, 5:39 am

Wow, Ymo, you were up early, or late. You ok? Kitties ok?

Normal time for me. I tend to go to bed early. 6 hours of sleep is a good night's worth for me.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 14th, 2014, 11:10 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I still don't entirely trust Road Runner.
Cartoon WEC certainly was overly trusting of cartoon Road Runner. Or perhaps he just wasn't very bright. Speaking of bright, I got 75W equivalent compact fluorescents today. It's brighter already.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 15th, 2014, 10:38 am

Well it sounds to me like BM has figured out she has stepped in and has changed out her Bitch Hat for her Victim Hat.

I wouldn't trust RR any further than I could hold a cheesecake underwater. I will say that any arrangement which means you don't have to deal with Bar Minion is a good deal.

Don't suppose I could call the puppy "Karadale As The Bunson Burns" ..... LOL. Not an option.

This is the one day old picture of my new puppy - right now he is just a puddle of fur. He's a cream miniature poodle. He looks apricot but they lighten with age.

puddle of fur.jpg