lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by lawgrad91 » May 1st, 2014, 9:24 am

Vibes and prayers for both your parents, AD. :ymhug:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 1st, 2014, 9:47 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Vibes and prayers for both your parents, AD. :ymhug:

What she said! Family stopping in at various times to visit will also help keep the staff on their toes. Even the non-squeaky wheel gets noticed.
Life is good!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 2nd, 2014, 6:19 am

This story reminded me of some of our attorneys on here...

We were on vacation last week, and a woman next to me was talking to her friend. She said some guy in a case she was working just got arrested for selling pot because he couldn't afford his fine for... selling pot. Hmmm....
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 2nd, 2014, 8:22 pm

Hope you had a good vacation!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » May 2nd, 2014, 9:58 pm

To AD --- How sad a scary for you and your family. I hope you are able to get your mom home quickly. Damn rehab places! Glad your brothers can pop in unannounced often. Vibes going out strong in your direction. Let us know how it's going.
Love to all of you, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 2nd, 2014, 10:20 pm

The sweet cat that found us in Nov. is not our cat anymore. I took her to our vet today and found out she is a he. I ask the vet to check for a microchip. Sure enough, he has one. I was able to get in touch with the owner. He picked her up this afternoon. I'm glad he is with his owner but we really miss him. :(
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 2nd, 2014, 10:59 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:The sweet cat that found us in Nov. is not our cat anymore. I took her to our vet today and found out she is a he. I ask the vet to check for a microchip. Sure enough, he has one. I was able to get in touch with the owner. He picked her up this afternoon. I'm glad he is with his owner but we really miss him. :(
Sorry about your giving up the kitty, but so good she had a wonderful (temporary) home.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 2nd, 2014, 11:04 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:To AD --- How sad a scary for you and your family. I hope you are able to get your mom home quickly. Damn rehab places! Glad your brothers can pop in unannounced often. Vibes going out strong in your direction. Let us know how it's going.
Love to all of you, Ima
Thanks, all! It sounds like things are going a lot better now and that Mom is doing well. They're getting her up and about a lot. She has certain goals she has to meet before she can go home in terms of her walking; sounds like everyone is helping her with that. My older sister went to visit her today and took her out. My older brother and his wife take her walking every evening, as does my dad. Sounds like she's getting stronger every day.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 3rd, 2014, 9:06 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:To AD --- How sad a scary for you and your family. I hope you are able to get your mom home quickly. Damn rehab places! Glad your brothers can pop in unannounced often. Vibes going out strong in your direction. Let us know how it's going.
Love to all of you, Ima
Thanks, all! It sounds like things are going a lot better now and that Mom is doing well. They're getting her up and about a lot. She has certain goals she has to meet before she can go home in terms of her walking; sounds like everyone is helping her with that. My older sister went to visit her today and took her out. My older brother and his wife take her walking every evening, as does my dad. Sounds like she's getting stronger every day.
Great news, AD!
Life is good!
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » May 3rd, 2014, 10:00 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:The sweet cat that found us in Nov. is not our cat anymore. I took her to our vet today and found out she is a he. I ask the vet to check for a microchip. Sure enough, he has one. I was able to get in touch with the owner. He picked her up this afternoon. I'm glad he is with his owner but we really miss him. :(
:(
DukePA

Post by DukePA » May 3rd, 2014, 10:01 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
Love to all of you, Ima
Very happy to hear this!!!
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » May 5th, 2014, 12:29 am

image.jpg
Been in LasVegas getting in some granddaughter training!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 5th, 2014, 9:16 am

IowaDevil wrote:
image.jpg
Adorable!!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 5th, 2014, 9:19 am

AD, I'm glad your mom is better. Sounds like she should be going home soon.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 5th, 2014, 7:36 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:The sweet cat that found us in Nov. is not our cat anymore. I took her to our vet today and found out she is a he. I ask the vet to check for a microchip. Sure enough, he has one. I was able to get in touch with the owner. He picked her up this afternoon. I'm glad he is with his owner but we really miss him. :( .
Now, the rest of the story. It's a feel good ending: I should have posted this Sat.: Our cat is back!!! He was here Sat. morning at 5:00 when Bud got up. I have called his owner, who said we should keep him.Thats fine with our family!!! The previous owner is going to transfer ownership with the microchip company to us. Now, because "she" is a "he", we had to rename him. Kyle named him Kosmo. Bud and I started calling him Mikey before Kyle named him. We are trying to stop calling him, her. LOL
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 5th, 2014, 10:26 pm

Lavabe gets a promotion:

PWing School Chancellor Lavabe 10000

Can I retire now?
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 5th, 2014, 10:48 pm

devildeac wrote:Lavabe gets a promotion:

PWing School Chancellor Lavabe 10000

Can I retire now?
Congratulations, Lavabe!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 6th, 2014, 9:46 am

Congratulations Lavabe!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :-BD
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 6th, 2014, 9:48 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:The sweet cat that found us in Nov. is not our cat anymore. I took her to our vet today and found out she is a he. I ask the vet to check for a microchip. Sure enough, he has one. I was able to get in touch with the owner. He picked her up this afternoon. I'm glad he is with his owner but we really miss him. :( .
Now, the rest of the story. It's a feel good ending: I should have posted this Sat.: Our cat is back!!! He was here Sat. morning at 5:00 when Bud got up. I have called his owner, who said we should keep him.Thats fine with our family!!! The previous owner is going to transfer ownership with the microchip company to us. Now, because "she" is a "he", we had to rename him. Kyle named him Kosmo. Bud and I started calling him Mikey before Kyle named him. We are trying to stop calling him, her. LOL
Woo hoo for the happy ending, VDB! :ymhug: :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 6th, 2014, 9:48 am

IowaDevil wrote:
image.jpg
Get 'em young, train 'em right!

She is soooo cute....
Iron Duke #1471997.