PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by lawgrad91 » April 12th, 2014, 8:36 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:I need to post more.
Promises, promises. :D
Fleetwood Mac song?
Ooh, Fleetwood Mac! Love me some Stevie Nicks!
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 12th, 2014, 9:31 pm

A new "guest" stalking us tonight:

Registered users: devildeac, TurnitinBot [Bot], Very Duke Blue

Which one doesn't fit here?
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 12th, 2014, 9:53 pm

devildeac wrote:A new "guest" stalking us tonight:

Registered users: devildeac, TurnitinBot [Bot], Very Duke Blue

Which one doesn't fit here?
Now it's just ID and me. DD, you must have run him/her/it off.
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » April 12th, 2014, 9:55 pm

Luckily Wilson doesn't post here much at all. IIRC, he hates Fleetwood Mac. I do believe they have their moments.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » April 13th, 2014, 12:15 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Luckily Wilson doesn't post here much at all. IIRC, he hates Fleetwood Mac. I do believe they have their moments.
I'm with Wilson.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 13th, 2014, 3:16 pm

Promises, promises... that's a Hal David/Burt Bacharach musical from the 60's.
Then there's Naked Eyes' 80's song, Promises, Promises.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 13th, 2014, 9:27 pm

Yeah, I may be off on my Fleetwood Mac reference, but anyways, I got sunburnt on the back of my legs today.
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » April 14th, 2014, 10:40 am

The one that comes to my mind is Eric Clapton's "Promises".
Fairly generic breakup song; it might sneak into the bottom part of someone's Clapton Top 25 list.
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » April 14th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Anyone going to the Mens or Womens Basketball banquets this week???
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 14th, 2014, 5:20 pm

In court today one of the troopers had written a man tickets for not having a driver's license and having improper tags on his vehicle. (The guy didn't show up for court.) The trooper commented he would still be writing tickets if he'd written him for everything that was illegal about the incident. The judge asked, "was he having a bad day?" and the trooper said, "you don't know the half of it. He was towing a motorhome from Virginia to North Carolina, accompanied by his ex-wife and her new boyfriend."

Sounds like a country song to me! :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » April 14th, 2014, 6:10 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:In court today one of the troopers had written a man tickets for not having a driver's license and having improper tags on his vehicle. (The guy didn't show up for court.) The trooper commented he would still be writing tickets if he'd written him for everything that was illegal about the incident. The judge asked, "was he having a bad day?" and the trooper said, "you don't know the half of it. He was towing a motorhome from Virginia to North Carolina, accompanied by his ex-wife and her new boyfriend."

Somebody definitely needs to write that song. My brother plays in Nashville. He says they're ALWAYS looking for songs down there and even the big stars listen to every single one! Grab yer guitar and go!!! But first you need a catch phrase to hang it on. You know, like " I got friends in low places" or "I wanna check you for ticks!" I'm confident this crowd can come up with one.
Love, Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 14th, 2014, 7:01 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:In court today one of the troopers had written a man tickets for not having a driver's license and having improper tags on his vehicle. (The guy didn't show up for court.) The trooper commented he would still be writing tickets if he'd written him for everything that was illegal about the incident. The judge asked, "was he having a bad day?" and the trooper said, "you don't know the half of it. He was towing a motorhome from Virginia to North Carolina, accompanied by his ex-wife and her new boyfriend."

Sounds like the guy wanted to be tossed in the clink right then and there to avoid being with his ex and her new boy. Or he was in such a hurry to get rid of her, he hopped in the vehicle to get her out of the state and didn't take time to grab his wallet.
Life is good!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 14th, 2014, 8:56 pm

I lived in Nashville for 4 years. There is a fairly active country music community here in Austin. I can't keep time at all...
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 15th, 2014, 9:06 am

Great! He's dumping them off in North Carolina. That's exactly what we need: two more rednecks. Just lovely.

:auto-camptrailer:

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 15th, 2014, 11:52 am

Funny story for the day:

Coworker Jane's grandson (the kid I often buy :duke: gear for!) goes to preschool at the local Baptist church. Yesterday, when she picked him up, she asked him what he had learned in preschool. Colton replied, "We learned about Jesus." Jane asked, "What did you learn about Jesus?" Colton said, "Well, he died on a cross cuz they nailed him to it and he bled, but after he died he came back to life and went to the NUT HOUSE."

Must be one of those new translations....
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 15th, 2014, 12:04 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Funny story for the day:

Coworker Jane's grandson (the kid I often buy :duke: gear for!) goes to preschool at the local Baptist church. Yesterday, when she picked him up, she asked him what he had learned in preschool. Colton replied, "We learned about Jesus." Jane asked, "What did you learn about Jesus?" Colton said, "Well, he died on a cross cuz they nailed him to it and he bled, but after he died he came back to life and went to the NUT HOUSE."

Must be one of those new translations....
LOL!!!
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » April 15th, 2014, 12:06 pm

CathyCA wrote:

Great! He's dumping them off in North Carolina. That's exactly what we need: two more rednecks. Just lovely.

:auto-camptrailer:

=)) =))
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 15th, 2014, 8:26 pm

DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:Anyone going to the Mens or Womens Basketball banquets this week???
Doesn't sound like it.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 16th, 2014, 11:57 am

With apologies to Alan Jackson (and to the tune of his "Don't Rock the Jukebox")....Ahem.

Don't stop the RV,
I need a place to stay.
My ex and her new man,
Makin' me move away.
Trooper, don't write me a ticket,
Yes, my license is bad.
But my wife done left me,
And now my life is sad.

Don't stop the RV,
Yeah, I don't have a tag.
Can't wait til tomorrow,
Gotta get away from this hag,
Don't stop the RV,
Trooper, cut me some slack.
Cuz I'm leavin' your county,
And I ain't comin' back.

Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 16th, 2014, 2:08 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:

With apologies to Alan Jackson (and to the tune of his "Don't Rock the Jukebox")....Ahem.

Don't stop the RV,
I need a place to stay.
My ex and her new man,
Makin' me move away.
Trooper, don't write me a ticket,
Yes, my license is bad.
But my wife done left me,
And now my life is sad.

Don't stop the RV,
Yeah, I don't have a tag.
Can't wait til tomorrow,
Gotta get away from this hag,
Don't stop the RV,
Trooper, cut me some slack.
Cuz I'm leavin' your county,
And I ain't comin' back.

I see you have your second career lined up. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Life is good!