Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukePA » April 3rd, 2014, 5:19 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Big time vibes and prayers for Christian, again. He is in CCU at the sucky Martinsville Hospital with 2 pulmonary embolisms. When I am on my iPad or computer (I am on the phone currently, I will detail this new round of incompetence.
Ok, we are home, and the story goes something like this.

Christian has been at Stanleytown Health Care Center. If you recall, insurance thought he was well enough to be living independently with just therapy and maybe a little in home assistance. When my friend Sandy went by on Sunday, he was tired and was having some trouble breathing. (Bear in mind that he has had ZERO trouble breathing before that time.) His blood oxygen level was in the 80's. so they put him on oxygen, but apparently that was the extent of their checking on any breathing issue. He was still on oxygen on Tuesday, but nonetheless the plan was to release him on Wednesday to Blue Ridge Nursing Center, which allegedly has an assisted living section. (Stanleytown is considered the "good" nursing home, allegedly several cuts above Blue Ridge.) So yesterday when I was with Mom, I get a call from the intake lady at Blue Ridge. It was about 2 in the afternoon. She said she didn't know where Christian was and he was supposed to have been there by 10, but it was her understanding his sister was going to take him by the hospital first. :-o I gave her his sister's phone number and told her I have no clue what is going on, that I was trying to get my Mom's knee surgery issues squared away.

I'm not too clear on if Stanleytown suggested to Edie that she take Christian to the ER, or if she decided that on her own, but she took him to the Martinsville Hospital ER (no doubt to end up sitting in the waiting room with all the people in town who go to the ER every time they have a cough, as opposed to being brought over by ambulance where the patient goes to the head of the class. But at least she knew there was a problem.) At any rate, she took him there, and someone determined that he had two pulmonary embolisms, so they sent him to a unit, never bothering to hook him up to any monitors. The RN on duty in that unit had a cow when he arrived and she looked at his chart. She said he needed specialized supervision and her unit wasn't capable of that. The hospital administration said so sorry, the Cardiac Care doesn't have bed space for him, he'll have to stay. So he stayed, until Sandy (who used to work at the hospital, in Human Resources) called in some favors and they found him a bed in Cardiac Care.

The last I heard from anyone, we was "doing well" there and was going to have another swallow test today. I'm not exactly sure why they are doing a swallow test on him right now, with a problem that could break loose and kill him at any time, but this is the hospital that had a guy who was drunk and also had a ruptured spleen die because they didn't bother to check any of his blood counts for the three days that he was there, assuming that he was just another drunk. And the same hospital that expected my then-husband, Oedipus, to walk nearly half a mile to the car after arthroscopic knee surgery because they didn't have a wheelchair available, after they removed him from short stay and put him in a room without notifying any staff on that floor and the nurse threatened to charge us with trespassing because she didn't know why we were there. (I guess the guy in the hospital gown in the bed, with his knee wrapped in bandages, wasn't much of a clue.) And that's just the tip of the iceberg of horror stories about this place.

To top it all off, his new "primary care physician" is an orthopedic surgeon. The only thing he knows about lungs is that on the female persuasion, they are located behind the boobs.

Thank you for letting me get that off my chest. You guys give the best vibes and hugs.
Please push for a transfer to Duke. Raise holy hell and don't shut up. Call their risk management and scream. This sucks.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 3rd, 2014, 6:24 pm

Holy crap! I'm praying for Christian and for you, LG!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 3rd, 2014, 7:26 pm

:wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug:
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 3rd, 2014, 8:07 pm

These are my dogs:
These are the cookies I made for Katie's sixth birthday:
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 3rd, 2014, 9:57 pm

bjornolf wrote:These are my dogs:
Well done, bjornolf! :happy-bouncyblue: :-BD :ymapplause:
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » April 3rd, 2014, 10:09 pm

Hope you can help get Christian's situation straightened out and can find him a place that can provide the care he needs.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 3rd, 2014, 10:22 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Hope you can help get Christian's situation straightened out and can find him a place that can provide the care he needs.
Jeez, this situation is beyond belief!! Vibing for Christian!! :wizard:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 3rd, 2014, 10:39 pm

LTE 2.0 crossed over the 35K post boundary today.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 3rd, 2014, 11:21 pm

Wow! Those are impressive!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » April 4th, 2014, 6:20 am

CathyCA wrote:
Wow! Those are impressive!

What Cathy said AND Happy Birthday Katie!! And how did she get to be 6? Wasn't she just brand new?
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » April 4th, 2014, 6:32 am

LG - I so hope that Christian's situation improves. Am sending prayers and vibes to all involved.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » April 4th, 2014, 8:49 am

The Christian story belongs in the book of horrors! That is totally unacceptable care for anyone! Keep pushing for him to get moved back to Duke! Hugs, prayers & vibes for Christian! :ymhug: :pray: :wizard:

As for those cookies....Bjornolf you need to open a bakery! Those are wonderful! Happy birthday to Katie :ymparty:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 4th, 2014, 9:11 am

IowaDevil wrote:The Christian story belongs in the book of horrors! That is totally unacceptable care for anyone! Keep pushing for him to get moved back to Duke! Hugs, prayers & vibes for Christian! :ymhug: :pray: :wizard:

As for those cookies....Bjornolf you need to open a bakery! Those are wonderful! Happy birthday to Katie :ymparty:

What ID said... x100
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 4th, 2014, 9:34 am

Today is the 20th anniversary of Grant Hill's last game. :duke:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 4th, 2014, 4:51 pm

Looks like Wake may have an interesting coach next year. According to ESPN, Danny Manning is the new coach.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 4th, 2014, 7:41 pm

They are beautiful.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 4th, 2014, 7:43 pm

Sending more prayers and vibes for Christian. :YMPRAY: :wizard:
awhom111
Full Time Student at PWing school
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by awhom111 » April 5th, 2014, 1:14 am

At best only Windsor and ArkieDukie might understand this, but is -3100 enough for France?
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » April 5th, 2014, 6:34 am

For World Cup odds?
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 5th, 2014, 8:12 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:Sending more prayers and vibes for Christian. :YMPRAY: :wizard:
Me, too! :YMPRAY:

~ James Naismith