LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

As the Bunsen Burns

Post by ArkieDukie » March 25th, 2014, 10:30 pm

We only thought we had a week's reprieve from Road Runner. Her trip to Korea was nixed due to travel issues (mechanical problems caused huge delay, making trip not worth it). To console ourselves, we had a mass exodus a smidge early. MacGyver, BGS, Boris, Natasha and I went on a field trip to the mainland; MacGyver took us to a total dive that serves the best fried shrimp I've ever had in my life. Oysters are also in season, so we partook of them as well. As BGS said, "Beer, laughter and good company cures all." No work talk was allowed at all. I managed to come up with a name for the bar that MacGyver is always threatening to open: What the Hell is the Name of That Place. I haven't laughed so much in ages. All of us said it was just what the doctor ordered, and we're going to make it a monthly (at least) event.

The exodus was highly amusing. BGS, Natasha and Boris had to stagger their exits so as to not raise Road Runner's suspicions. MacGyver, BGS and I were waiting by his car, parked on the 3rd level of the parking garage, when BGS looked outside and saw Road Runner walking toward the parking garage. Natasha was ahead of her, far enough that she had not been seen. Road Runner's car was parked on the same level of the garage, so we all ran to the car and jumped in. Natasha jumped in right as we were ready to pull out, and we literally raced out so that Road Runner wouldn't see us. BGS was on the phone with Boris and told him to stay put in front of the building, which is where we picked him up. We managed to escape without being seen. It was absolutely hilarious.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
shereec
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by shereec » March 26th, 2014, 6:08 am

LG - I am so, so sorry that Christian's recovery is complicated by bureaucratic crap! Calming, peaceful, healing vibes in Christian's direction and Superman vibes in Eric's direction to help him squash them like a bug!!

VDB - so glad to hear your rehab is going well. I know you're ready to get home. Good vibes coming in your direction!

AD - what a soap opera! Hang-in-there vibes coming in your direction. Laughter really IS the best medicine.

Am I caught up?
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » March 26th, 2014, 9:17 am

Oh man, miss a day and you miss a lot on this thread!

VDB: So glad to hear you are doing so well! Keep up the good work. Lots of hugs :ymhug:

LG: Shin kicks coming from here in copious amounts! Anthem is sick, sick sick in the head! X(

AD: What fun! Sounds like a college party - something we all need to do every once in a while! :D
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 26th, 2014, 8:56 pm

AD, what a hoot! =)) So glad you all had fun. :happy-bouncyblue:
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » March 26th, 2014, 10:09 pm

LIfe is a little bit different when basketball is still going on and we aren't playing.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 26th, 2014, 10:28 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:LIfe is a little bit different when basketball is still going on and we aren't playing.
I can't stand to watch. X(
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 27th, 2014, 5:26 am

I had a nice surprise visit last nignt. Dawn came to see me. She was in Chapel Hill yesterday and will be there today. It was so good to see here.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » March 27th, 2014, 5:57 am

YmoBeThere wrote:LIfe is a little bit different when basketball is still going on and we aren't playing.
It is? Hadn't noticed. :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » March 27th, 2014, 9:44 am

It is indeed. While I would much rather we were playing I do enjoy watching 'stress free'. I love me some basketball!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 27th, 2014, 10:06 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
I can't stand to watch. X(
I will pay attention to the scores of Stanford's game(s). I might even tune in for the last minute or so.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » March 27th, 2014, 12:02 pm

Oh, but at least we are now in NASCAR season. :Clap:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » March 27th, 2014, 1:03 pm

Go Stanford!
Go Iowa State!
Go Louisville!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 27th, 2014, 10:09 pm

Bless her heart-Sylvia Hatchell looks like Moe of the Three Stooges. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 27th, 2014, 11:01 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Bless her heart-Sylvia Hatchell looks like Moe of the Three Stooges. :9f:
ImageImage

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 27th, 2014, 11:50 pm

CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Bless her heart-Sylvia Hatchell looks like Moe of the Three Stooges. :9f:
ImageImage

She has Moe's haircut. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 28th, 2014, 2:02 pm

I can't see Moe any more! I wonder if this works?

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 28th, 2014, 2:03 pm

Also, Moe and Sylvia have same large earlobes.

~ James Naismith
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » March 28th, 2014, 2:07 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Eric texted me around 7 to let me know the dumbasses at Anthem denied his appeal sometime after 5 this afternoon. He didn't know any details and was in a meeting. X( X( X( X( X(

I don't know anything beyond that, not even what type of appeal it was. I am guessing it was the one where one asshole passes the file to another asshole and says, "here, deny this the way I did" as opposed to anyone actually speaking to Dr. Friedman or his PA.
Putting on my pointy-toed cowboy boots and sending lots of shin kicks. Lots and lots of them. X( X(

Sending prayers for Christian and his family, too.
What my wise sister AD said!
Life is good!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » March 28th, 2014, 2:41 pm

Here I am on one of my infrequent check-ins lately. Been on a painting hiatus.

Vibes continue to flow for Christian's recovery plan and for all the people who love him. Put me down for sledge hammer applications to the knees of the jerks at Anthem.

Props to VDB for her dedication to rehab of that new knee. I know that is very ouch exercise. You rock, girlfriend.

Glad to hear that funny and fun things DO happen among you and your partners in crime,DinK!! You guys must have looked like Keystone Cops.

Syl's hairdo is obviously a wig (and actually a very good one) disguising her hair loss during her chemo. You can tell that over her right ear. I'd cut her some slack for the "do" guys, But Joan Rivers sure wouldn't cut her any for the pink jacket adorned with industrial strength studs!

Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 28th, 2014, 8:43 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Here I am on one of my infrequent check-ins lately. Been on a painting hiatus.

Vibes continue to flow for Christian's recovery plan and for all the people who love him. Put me down for sledge hammer applications to the knees of the jerks at Anthem.

Props to VDB for her dedication to rehab of that new knee. I know that is very ouch exercise. You rock, girlfriend.

Glad to hear that funny and fun things DO happen among you and your partners in crime,DinK!! You guys must have looked like Keystone Cops.

Syl's hairdo is obviously a wig (and actually a very good one) disguising her hair loss during her chemo. You can tell that over her right ear. I'd cut her some slack for the "do" guys, But Joan Rivers sure wouldn't cut her any for the pink jacket adorned with industrial strength studs!

Love, Ima
Ima, I didn't think about Sylvia wearing a wig. Frankly, I didn't think her hair looked any different when I saw her on the news than it did pre-cancer. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.