LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukieInKansas » March 11th, 2014, 6:16 pm

Lavabe wrote:Guess what Kentucky school is in March Madness this year? Hint: they are not coached by a used car salesman. :D
Should be nice on campus next week.
Thought of you when I saw that they got into the tourney! You must have washed extra dishes for that.
Life is good!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 11th, 2014, 10:11 pm

windsor wrote:Watched the second half twice this morning. Didn't watch last night, as I was over come with 'stomach issues'. This Parker kid may be OK.

In other news Myles Turner siting in the stands taking a Selfie with the crazies can't be a bad recruiting sign.

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Miles was all into the game. Cheering, clapping and having fun. He was very near Native.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 11th, 2014, 10:13 pm

[quote="devildeac"]They can still go to hell.[/quotehey

They did go to Hell. :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 12th, 2014, 10:14 am

Pointy-toed shin kicks to the insurance assholes who have refused to pay for a placement for Christian to go to rehab because he is too mobile. I suppose they think outpatient rehab would be sufficient. I guess they think he will drive himself there, cook for himself, balance his own checkbook (not sure he could do that BEFORE his surgery), etc. Hell, while we are at it, send him back to work! I would imagine he would make great decisions on charges and bonds at this juncture. Or at least (we get a lot of things from the magistrate's office that make us think they are brain-dead) he would have an excuse for screwing up. X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X(
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » March 12th, 2014, 10:31 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Pointy-toed shin kicks to the insurance assholes who have refused to pay for a placement for Christian to go to rehab because he is too mobile. I suppose they think outpatient rehab would be sufficient. I guess they think he will drive himself there, cook for himself, balance his own checkbook (not sure he could do that BEFORE his surgery), etc. Hell, while we are at it, send him back to work! I would imagine he would make great decisions on charges and bonds at this juncture. Or at least (we get a lot of things from the magistrate's office that make us think they are brain-dead) he would have an excuse for screwing up. X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X(
Rat bastards. This makes me sick. There is no excuse for this type of abuse. If anything happens to him because of their reprehensible decision, sue their asses off. X( X( X(
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » March 12th, 2014, 12:01 pm

Power has finally been restored to Family and Friends in Alamance County as of Tuesday night at 9pm! 5 days without power, is along time!!!! So thankful for the Duke Energy workers and all the contractors from out of state that worked around the clock to restore Power!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 12th, 2014, 12:27 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Pointy-toed shin kicks to the insurance assholes who have refused to pay for a placement for Christian to go to rehab because he is too mobile. I suppose they think outpatient rehab would be sufficient. I guess they think he will drive himself there, cook for himself, balance his own checkbook (not sure he could do that BEFORE his surgery), etc. Hell, while we are at it, send him back to work! I would imagine he would make great decisions on charges and bonds at this juncture. Or at least (we get a lot of things from the magistrate's office that make us think they are brain-dead) he would have an excuse for screwing up. X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X(
Is there any appeal process?

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 12th, 2014, 1:42 pm

CathyCA wrote:

Yes. I think they are supposed to review within 24 hours. His friend Eric, the first POA, is dealing with that. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » March 12th, 2014, 2:27 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

Yes. I think they are supposed to review within 24 hours. His friend Eric, the first POA, is dealing with that. :9f:
Vibes that they rethink their decision. Pointy-toed shin kicks are at the ready if they don't.
Life is good!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » March 12th, 2014, 9:55 pm

ESPN had the following headline: "Pitcher Hurt Stepping on Cactus."

What was my immediate thought?
"Mike Hampton is pitching again?" :D
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » March 12th, 2014, 10:49 pm

Maybe he had some peyote?
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » March 13th, 2014, 9:28 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

I don't own any pointed toed shoes but have some big butt kicking boots to put to work! Here's to a new outcome from the appeal!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 13th, 2014, 10:06 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
Vibes that they rethink their decision. Pointy-toed shin kicks are at the ready if they don't.
What my sister DinK said. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 13th, 2014, 12:10 pm

Apparently the decision has been rethought and he is going to Stanleytown (the better location) after all, possibly on Monday.

He still cannot pass the swallow test and will need a PEG for nutrition. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » March 13th, 2014, 2:16 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Apparently the decision has been rethought and he is going to Stanleytown (the better location) after all, possibly on Monday.

He still cannot pass the swallow test and will need a PEG for nutrition. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Yeah on the re-thinking. I will put the pointy-toed shoes on the shelf but not all the way back in the box.
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 13th, 2014, 7:34 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Apparently the decision has been rethought and he is going to Stanleytown (the better location) after all, possibly on Monday.

Good decision, finally!

I hope Christian is feeling better soon.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 13th, 2014, 9:00 pm

That's terrible. It's nothing new for me with my work at Duke. Did the resource manager go to bat for him?
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 13th, 2014, 9:04 pm

Hurray!!!!!! :happy-bouncyblue:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 13th, 2014, 9:48 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
That's terrible. It's nothing new for me with my work at Duke. Did the resource manager go to bat for him?
I don't think it was Duke's doing. It was the insurance people. X(
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 13th, 2014, 10:46 pm

I know it was the insurance company. They have nurses making these decisions by phone. I worked athe financial end, our resource managers had the insurance end along with placement. I'm just glad Christian is getting what he needs.