LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 25th, 2014, 7:06 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:Thanks for the prayers for D'Lise. They are working. The surgery went well yesterday - no sign of cancer in the lymph nodes! Not sure what the treatment will be from here so please keep them coming.
YIppee!!!!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :-BD :clap: :dance:
Best news all day!!! :wizard: :pray:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 25th, 2014, 7:15 pm

I visited with Christian today. He was very alert. He had been tv. His sprites seemed good. The nurse said he is improving every day. It was nice to meet him. I didn't stay long, as three doctors came in his room. I will be going back to check on him. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 25th, 2014, 8:54 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:I visited with Christian today. He was very alert. He had been tv. His sprites seemed good. The nurse said he is improving every day. It was nice to meet him. I didn't stay long, as three doctors came in his room. I will be going back to check on him. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Thank you, thank you, thank you! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Iron Duke #1471997.
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » February 26th, 2014, 5:37 am

Continued vibes, hugs and prayers for both D'Lise and Christian!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 26th, 2014, 8:14 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:I visited with Christian today. He was very alert. He had been tv. His sprites seemed good. The nurse said he is improving every day. It was nice to meet him. I didn't stay long, as three doctors came in his room. I will be going back to check on him. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Thank you, thank you, thank you! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
My pleasure. :ymhug:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 26th, 2014, 9:07 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Snow video from my back deck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaS06T_NDZQ

(Sorry, I don't know how to embed these links. I'm techno-challenged.)

:9f:

I liked the other Sam R video of the little cutie sledding in the laundry basket.
Thanks DinK. Sam moved to California when he was in the 1st grade. This is his first winter (meaning it's more than a Christmas visit) in a cold climate. He is fascinated with the snow, and we've had a lot of it by eastern North Carolina standards this year.

Sam is going through my home video collection, and pulling out small clips for us to view. I hope to be posting more in the near future.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 26th, 2014, 9:08 am

DukieInKansas wrote:Thanks for the prayers for D'Lise. They are working. The surgery went well yesterday - no sign of cancer in the lymph nodes! Not sure what the treatment will be from here so please keep them coming.

I keep them head back that way for Christian and his family/friends/medical team.
Yay for D'Lise! :ymhug:

More vibes and prayers for Christian. :wizard: :pray:

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 26th, 2014, 9:09 am

VDB, you are so incredibly kind, and I know that your visit MADE Christian's day!

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 27th, 2014, 10:24 am

Update on Christian: he is very mobile but still only saying one or two words at a time, yes, no, that sort of thing. Still has a feeding tube. Still in ICU. Hoping to move him to a stepdown unit today. They are planning for his release to a rehab, hopefully at Moses Cone's brain injury unit in Greensboro (or if not, another acute rehab), probably next week. Of course, insurance doesn't want to pay for any more than they have to and would prefer for him to go to less intensive rehab. X(

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Thanks for all the vibes, prayers, good thoughts and concern sent his way. Keep them coming!

Tilly and VDB, thank you for going by the hospital. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 28th, 2014, 9:39 am

Christian was moved to the stepdown unit yesterday. It's on the same floor but the west wing, room 7. Vibes that when he gets released to acute rehab, there will be a bed for him at Moses Cone in Greensboro, so maybe more of his friends will come to keep him company, since they are all too busy X( to drive to Durham.
Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » February 28th, 2014, 10:19 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Christian was moved to the stepdown unit yesterday. It's on the same floor but the west wing, room 7. Vibes that when he gets released to acute rehab, there will be a bed for him at Moses Cone in Greensboro, so maybe more of his friends will come to keep him company, since they are all too busy X( to drive to Durham.

It times of crisis or need it is always surprising who does and does NOT step up.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Vibes for Christian ...and vibes that his friends ACT like friends
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 28th, 2014, 10:46 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Update on Christian: he is very mobile but still only saying one or two words at a time, yes, no, that sort of thing. Still has a feeding tube. Still in ICU. Hoping to move him to a stepdown unit today. They are planning for his release to a rehab, hopefully at Moses Cone's brain injury unit in Greensboro (or if not, another acute rehab), probably next week. Of course, insurance doesn't want to pay for any more than they have to and would prefer for him to go to less intensive rehab. Xe (

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Thanks for all the vibes, prayers, good thoughts and concern sent his way. Keep them coming!

Tilly and VDB, thank you for going by the hospital. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Our friend, Jim, had his surgery at Moses Cone. Bud and I were impressed. I wouldn't hesitate es.
going there. I do hope Christian's speaking improve. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY:
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » February 28th, 2014, 11:46 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Christian was moved to the stepdown unit yesterday. It's on the same floor but the west wing, room 7. Vibes that when he gets released to acute rehab, there will be a bed for him at Moses Cone in Greensboro, so maybe more of his friends will come to keep him company, since they are all too busy X( to drive to Durham.
That stinks! Shape them up LG! I'd visit if I could! Poor guy! He needs all the support he can get right now! Hugs from Iowa for him! :ymhug:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 28th, 2014, 12:16 pm

I love it when Tarholes honor Dukies. Last night, the North Carolina Press Association honored Charlie Rose as "North Carolinian of the Year."

How do I know that a Tarhole honored Charlie Rose? Because the guy who presented the award to Charlie Rose is my second cousin, Les, a graduate of UNC. (Deep down inside, Les is a good guy. ;) His grandfather, my great uncle Les, graduated from Duke in 1927.) My cousin Les, his father and his grandfather have all served as president of the North Carolina Press Association.

Here's the link from CBS This Morning: http://www.cbs.com/shows/cbs_this_morni ... the-year-/

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 28th, 2014, 12:23 pm

CathyCA wrote:I love it when Tarholes honor Dukies. Last night, the North Carolina Press Association honored Charlie Rose as "North Carolinian of the Year."

How do I know that a Tarhole honored Charlie Rose? Because the guy who presented the award to Charlie Rose is my second cousin, Les, a graduate of UNC. (Deep down inside, Les is a good guy. ;) His grandfather, my great uncle Les, graduated from Duke in 1927.) My cousin Les, his father and his grandfather have all served as president of the North Carolina Press Association.

Here's the link from CBS This Morning: http://www.cbs.com/shows/cbs_this_morni ... the-year-/

Hooray! :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » March 1st, 2014, 1:19 am

It is now March.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » March 1st, 2014, 9:09 am

YmoBeThere wrote:It is now March.

March? Madness!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » March 1st, 2014, 1:56 pm

windsor wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:It is now March.

March? Madness!
Soon, very soon. Not sure how we go 1 week without a game this late in the year. If we had players who were hurt and worn out, it would be a great break. Now it just means I can't avoid doing the yard work.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 1st, 2014, 9:05 pm

We didn't make the Spring Game today, as we had a bunch of things that kept us from leaving in time. We did see Ozzie and TalkLady in the bookstore and had a mini-reunion, and I got a Blue Devil bobble head to go with my Coach K bobble head. (My Duke paraphernalia is taking over a second shelf in my office and I am very happy about it.) :duke: :9f:

We also went to see Christian today. Still has the feeding tube, but he is saying complete sentences now. Keep the vibes and prayers coming; his sister is leaving tomorrow for a few days and there's a lot going on with him.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 1st, 2014, 10:03 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:We didn't make the Spring Game today, as we had a bunch of things that kept us from leaving in time. We did see Ozzie and TalkLady in the bookstore and had a mini-reunion, and I got a Blue Devil bobble head to go with my Coach K bobble head. (My Duke paraphernalia is taking over a second shelf in my office and I am very happy about it.) :duke: :9f:

We also went to see Christian today. Still has the feeding tube, ge is saying complete sentences now. Keep the vibes and prayers coming; his sister is leaving tomorrow for a few days and there's a lot going on with him.

Wow! Whole sentences, this quick. That is awesome. I'll try to get by to see him Wed., after my pre-op.