LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 16th, 2014, 10:31 am

Lavabe wrote:Is anyone else also havingtrouble accessing some of the smilies, especially the ones near the end of the list?
:9f: No!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » February 16th, 2014, 10:56 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Going to see Christian tomorrow afternoon. I'm having trouble piecing together exactly what is going on (he runs off on major tangents when I talk to him), and he will know more tomorrow, but apparently surgery Monday is a possibility.

Thanks for all the prayers, vibes, good thoughts and wishes, and the virtual hugs. You guys are my family. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

:9f:
:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 16th, 2014, 2:51 pm

I got new glasses today. I did some comparison shopping. Costco was the best buy. Fox instance, the same lens at WalMart was $225.00. Costco's price was $130.00. I'm happy.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 16th, 2014, 7:36 pm

Christian was released today from Duke. When he first went to the hospital in Danville, they thought he might have had a stroke and put him on an aspirin regimen. They want the aspirin to clear out of his system, so surgery is now scheduled for Thursday the 27th. That actually works out better because it will give his sister a chance to fly in from NJ to be here with him. His doctor is Dr. Friedman. Tilly and DPA both assure me if they needed brain surgery, this would be their choice of surgeons, and tell me he will be in good hands.

Thanks, everyone, for prayers and vibes and good thoughts. It is great to have such a wonderful family as I have here on CTN. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 16th, 2014, 7:45 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Christian was released today from Duke. When he first went to the hospital in Danville, they thought he might have had a stroke and put him on an aspirin regimen. They want the aspirin to clear out of his system, so surgery is now scheduled for Thursday the 27th. That actually works out better because it will give his sister a chance to fly in from NJ to be here with him. His doctor is Dr. Friedman. Tilly and DPA both assure me if they needed brain surgery, this would be their choice of surgeons, and tell me he will be in good hands.

Thanks, everyone, for prayers and vibes and good thoughts. It is great to have such a wonderful family as I have here on CTN. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

Christian has the very best care at the very best place. He also has the very best friend in you, LG!

Hugging, praying and vibing away! :ymhug: :pray: :wizard:

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » February 16th, 2014, 10:12 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Christian was released today from Duke. When he first went to the hospital in Danville, they thought he might have had a stroke and put him on an aspirin regimen. They want the aspirin to clear out of his system, so surgery is now scheduled for Thursday the 27th. That actually works out better because it will give his sister a chance to fly in from NJ to be here with him. His doctor is Dr. Friedman. Tilly and DPA both assure me if they needed brain surgery, this would be their choice of surgeons, and tell me he will be in good hands.

The aspirin thing makes all the sense in the world that the surgery is postponed. I was wondering why he wasn't going to be operated on for a few days.

Please feel free to give Christian's sister my contact info. I will be in the office on Thursday, but can break away at any time to visit with her.
I worship the Blue Devil!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » February 17th, 2014, 8:34 am

Well, it's clear that I should frequent LTE more often. I just ran across a reference to this conversation in the Good Morning thread. I'm up to speed now I think......and vibing on target.

Love to all of you , Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 17th, 2014, 9:20 am

TillyGalore wrote:

The aspirin thing makes all the sense in the world that the surgery is postponed. I was wondering why he wasn't going to be operated on for a few days.

Please feel free to give Christian's sister my contact info. I will be in the office on Thursday, but can break away at any time to visit with her.
I wondered about the delay, too. My friend Sandy and I had already decided if the delay was due to him putting it off, we were going to beat him to death. But that was his explanation, and it made sense.

Tilly, I will pass on your information to his sister Edith. Thanks. The surgery is a week from this Thursday. I don't think she has made a decision about when she is flying in yet. She has two preteen children, so she may have to line up a mother in law or some other family to look after them. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » February 17th, 2014, 12:11 pm

I think Friedman is the most sought after brain guy, right Tillie? People come from all over the world to him if I'm thinking of the right man. Christian was lucky to be able to get him.

Good luck everybody. Please do keep CTN posted.
Love, Ima
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 17th, 2014, 8:22 pm

Update: Christian's surgery has been moved up to this Friday. Good that the wait is not as long. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 17th, 2014, 8:37 pm

image.jpg
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 17th, 2014, 9:34 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Update: Christian's surgery has been moved up to this Friday. Good that the wait is not as long. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY:
That is good news.

:ymhug: :wizard: :pray:

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 17th, 2014, 10:51 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Update: Christian's surgery has been moved up to this Friday. Good that the wait is not as long. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY:
:YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » February 18th, 2014, 5:35 am

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » February 18th, 2014, 8:53 am

:wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » February 18th, 2014, 11:01 am

Good deal. We're all on the job! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Love, Ima
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » February 18th, 2014, 11:04 am

BTW. Tell us more about Christian. Many of us don't know much. It would make our vibes more personal and on point if we knew more about this special person in your life.
Love, Ima
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 18th, 2014, 12:44 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:BTW. Tell us more about Christian. Many of us don't know much. It would make our vibes more personal and on point if we knew more about this special person in your life.
Love, Ima
Christian is an attorney originally from NJ. He went to VMI and did a variety of interesting things before he went to law school. He worked for the Martinsville CA's office, then the Public Defender's Office, and then came to work down the hall from me. He was here four years but when there was a downturn in the county's fortunes, we lost the position and he lost his job. He has been a magistrate in Pittsylvania County (one county east) for about three years. He is like a big brother to me. We used to meet every week for lunch, and on occasion he and B and I would go to dinner.

He has no family, other than a sister in New Jersey. Tomorrow is his birthday, and he will be 52 or 53, I don't remember which.

This past fall he came to the Navy game with us, so some of you met him then.

Three to four weeks ago, he noticed that he was having trouble with his words, had a funny taste in his mouth, and had tingling in his hands. It lasted for just a few minutes and then went away and didn't come back for about a week. Then it came back, lasted a few minutes longer and recurred more quickly. Last Thursday he was at work and began having problems again. He called his boss and didn't make a lot of sense to her, and she called 911. The rescue squad took him to Danville Regional Hospital. They ran a battery of tests and determined that he had a brain tumor and sent him overnight (Friday) to Duke. I don't know the type of brain tumor, because what he told me didn't make any sense, but what he said did not sound like glioblastoma, so that is a positive. If there have been any decisions about what happens after the surgery, I don't know anything about it. I don't think he knows where they go from here.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » February 18th, 2014, 2:18 pm

LG - thank you for the additional information on Christian. I've been keeping him in my prayers - and you, too.

Let me just say - CANCER SUCKS! BIG TIME!

I would ask for whatever additional vibes and prayers people have be sent to the office two doors down from me. My co-worker, D'Lise, has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Before the lumpectomy/biopsy, the thought was that it would be a fibrous mass and there would be no cancer but some was found. She was diagnosed with III-B last week. The good news, with the prayers that have been happening, further tests allowed them to downgrade it to II-A! I figure with the CTN vibers on the job, it out to be knocked out in no time. Thanks!
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 18th, 2014, 2:50 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:LG - thank you for the additional information on Christian. I've been keeping him in my prayers - and you, too.

Let me just say - CANCER SUCKS! BIG TIME!

I would ask for whatever additional vibes and prayers people have be sent to the office two doors down from me. My co-worker, D'Lise, has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Before the lumpectomy/biopsy, the thought was that it would be a fibrous mass and there would be no cancer but some was found. She was diagnosed with III-B last week. The good news, with the prayers that have been happening, further tests allowed them to downgrade it to II-A! I figure with the CTN vibers on the job, it out to be knocked out in no time. Thanks!
Prayers and vibes from the Varnish Zone! :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.