LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 15th, 2014, 11:03 am

[quote="Ima Facultiwyfe"]Hope your heart heals soon, Windsor. We're going to lose Lucky in the near future. Only a matter of how long. And DukeRah's Murphy has cancer, too. We're trying to prepare ourselves but, as you know, it's very hard to do. Hang in there. We're hangin' with you and understand completely. :ymhug:

Bless you all. I know how it hurts. We are so blessed to have our time with our fur babies. I don't think we are ever prepared but as you said, life goes on. :ymhug:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 15th, 2014, 11:57 am

I ate my lunch early and now I am sleepy. :asleep:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » January 15th, 2014, 12:20 pm

windsor wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Hope your heart heals soon, Windsor. We're going to lose Lucky in the near future. Only a matter of how long. And DukeRah's Murphy has cancer, too. We're trying to prepare ourselves but, as you know, it's very hard to do. Hang in there. We're hangin' with you and understand completely. :ymhug:
Love, Ima

I am so sorry to hear that Ima. It is never easy. I thought I was prepared for Dylan. I was not. I am still devastated. He was my first competition dog and we logged thousands of training/traveling/trialing hours. I am glad he went quickly - he was playing with me that morning, and had eaten a good breakfast. He was still chomping cookies until the end. He's not the first dog I have lost, but he has been the hardest.

I do so wish we could have them for longer. :O3 :O3 :O3
:O3 :O3 :O3 :O3 :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN
Our pets are our Babies!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » January 15th, 2014, 1:14 pm

DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:
windsor wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Hope your heart heals soon, Windsor. We're going to lose Lucky in the near future. Only a matter of how long. And DukeRah's Murphy has cancer, too. We're trying to prepare ourselves but, as you know, it's very hard to do. Hang in there. We're hangin' with you and understand completely. :ymhug:
Love, Ima

I am so sorry to hear that Ima. It is never easy. I thought I was prepared for Dylan. I was not. I am still devastated. He was my first competition dog and we logged thousands of training/traveling/trialing hours. I am glad he went quickly - he was playing with me that morning, and had eaten a good breakfast. He was still chomping cookies until the end. He's not the first dog I have lost, but he has been the hardest.

I do so wish we could have them for longer. :O3 :O3 :O3
:O3 :O3 :O3 :O3 :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN
Our pets are our Babies!

I have a friend who has a dog figurine with angel wings that says on the base "If there are no dogs in heave then I want to go where they went"
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » January 16th, 2014, 6:11 pm

Belated condolences, Windsor. It's been tough keeping up with things at the beginning of the semester. I fully appreciate your loss of Dylan, and given how much you've helped us with dog words of wisdom, my heart goes out to you even more. One of these days, I'll get back down to Myakka, and we'll talk about early archaeological evidence of the relationship between humans and canids. Much love from the Lavabes, and especially from Georgia the Wonderdog. :O3

I hope things are okay with you Ima and DukeRah. I hope you can hang on, and enjoy the time you have with Lucky and Murphy!!
:ymhug:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » January 16th, 2014, 11:00 pm

Can't seem to shake this cough.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 16th, 2014, 11:29 pm

Feel better soon, Ymo!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 16th, 2014, 11:34 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Can't seem to shake this cough.
How long have you had it? You might need to get yourself looked at.

Hope you feel better.
Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » January 17th, 2014, 7:29 am

Lavabe wrote:Belated condolences, Windsor. It's been tough keeping up with things at the beginning of the semester. I fully appreciate your loss of Dylan, and given how much you've helped us with dog words of wisdom, my heart goes out to you even more. One of these days, I'll get back down to Myakka, and we'll talk about early archaeological evidence of the relationship between humans and canids. Much love from the Lavabes, and especially from Georgia the Wonderdog. :O3

I hope things are okay with you Ima and DukeRah. I hope you can hang on, and enjoy the time you have with Lucky and Murphy!!

Thank you Lavabe. It is hard. I picked up his remains last night. I must say that the Emergency Vet has been beyond wonderful. Most vets offices have a selection of urns you can purchase that they return the remains in. There are nice and cheaper ones online. I almost clocked my mother's vet as we stood their with her cat while they tried to upsell her to an expensive container. This vet did not,.they didn't even mention it. I was hoping I didn't get my dog back in a cardboard box. They handed me a a deep purple 'gift bag' with his name on it. It contained a plaster paw print they took, a (not shit) death certificate, a card signed by the staff on duty that night - each of the five signatures included a personal reference to Dylan (the young man who came to remove him after it was done signed "I took good care of him after you were gone") , and a very nice wood box which contains a velvet bag which contains Dylan. Since they are an 24 hr emergency vet they do a lot this I guess (when you are driving your dog to the at midnight it is never good!). Even the 'good bye' room has a small button on the table (with the comfy chairs and no exam table and the nice rug on the floor) they'll leave you there as long as you need and when you're ready you push the little button and they'll come in. That way you have all the time you need before and after. I have, sadly, had to do this before. I have also gone with other people as a support when they said good bye. This was by far the most compassionate experience ever. Dylan is home now. Somehow that feels better. A little.

I would love (love!) to discuss the relationship between humans and canids! We could have BEER! That would awesome. Do get down here again.

One more thing...given the men's teams performance of late I have three words for you "WASH MORE DISHES"
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 17th, 2014, 8:54 am

Hugs to you Windsor. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 17th, 2014, 8:58 am

Thinking of DukeRah. Also Ima's puppies. :ymhug: :wizard: :pray:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 17th, 2014, 9:51 am

windsor wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Belated condolences, Windsor. It's been tough keeping up with things at the beginning of the semester. I fully appreciate your loss of Dylan, and given how much you've helped us with dog words of wisdom, my heart goes out to you even more. One of these days, I'll get back down to Myakka, and we'll talk about early archaeological evidence of the relationship between humans and canids. Much love from the Lavabes, and especially from Georgia the Wonderdog. :O3

Thank you Lavabe. It is hard. I picked up his remains last night. I must say that the Emergency Vet has been beyond wonderful. Most vets offices have a selection of urns you can purchase that they return the remains in. There are nice and cheaper ones online. I almost clocked my mother's vet as we stood their with her cat while they tried to upsell her to an expensive container. This vet did not,.they didn't even mention it. I was hoping I didn't get my dog back in a cardboard box. They handed me a a deep purple 'gift bag' with his name on it. It contained a plaster paw print they took, a (not shit) death certificate, a card signed by the staff on duty that night - each of the five signatures included a personal reference to Dylan (the young man who came to remove him after it was done signed "I took good care of him after you were gone") , and a very nice wood box which contains a velvet bag which contains Dylan. Since they are an 24 hr emergency vet they do a lot this I guess (when you are driving your dog to the at midnight it is never good!). Even the 'good bye' room has a small button on the table (with the comfy chairs and no exam table and the nice rug on the floor) they'll leave you there as long as you need and when you're ready you push the little button and they'll come in. That way you have all the time you need before and after. I have, sadly, had to do this before. I have also gone with other people as a support when they said good bye. This was by far the most compassionate experience ever. Dylan is home now. Somehow that feels better. A little.

I would love (love!) to discuss the relationship between humans and canids! We could have BEER! That would awesome. Do get down here again.

One more thing...given the men's teams performance of late I have three words for you "WASH MORE DISHES"
:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: to you, Windsor. I cried when I read about their care for Dylan. How compassionate.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » January 17th, 2014, 9:56 am

windsor wrote:

:ymhug: :ymhug:

Where is the 24 hour vet you went too?
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » January 17th, 2014, 11:22 am

windsor wrote:

Tears of love and heartbreak to us, and to all our fur babies, who have crossed the Rainbow Bridge. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
DukePA

Post by DukePA » January 17th, 2014, 11:23 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Can't seem to shake this cough.
Feel better, buddy. I wish I lived close enough to bring you some homemade chicken soup. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 17th, 2014, 1:21 pm

windsor wrote:

When I had to put Katie down (I will not get through this without crying), I did have to ask for the comfort room, but, the whole office was so compassionate as they knew why we were there. Katie came back to me in a beautiful mahogany box that was in a velvet bag. A week after she passed the vet who took care of her that sent me a beautiful card. Katie, and a picture of her, with that card are on our entertainment center looking down on us.

I love talking about the bonds between humans and their fur babies.
I worship the Blue Devil!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 17th, 2014, 1:32 pm

We have a lock of hair and a paw print on the fridge that the vet sent us when we lost our schnoodle Sophie.

Vibes for Sasha, please. We just got back from the vet. She has been favoring her back leg, so we took her to get looked at today. The vet said it could be arthritis, or it could be a torn ACL. He said her ACL seemed okay but she was too tense for him to be sure. He gave us some anti-inflammatory meds for her and wants her to come back next week for an X Ray when she can be sedated.

Wesley was just there for his snip-snip; at this rate the Walkertown Veterinary Hospital will have a "Lawgrad Wing." :O3 :O3 :O3
Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » January 17th, 2014, 3:46 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:We have a lock of hair and a paw print on the fridge that the vet sent us when we lost our schnoodle Sophie.

Vibes for Sasha, please. We just got back from the vet. She has been favoring her back leg, so we took her to get looked at today. The vet said it could be arthritis, or it could be a torn ACL. He said her ACL seemed okay but she was too tense for him to be sure. He gave us some anti-inflammatory meds for her and wants her to come back next week for an X Ray when she can be sedated.

Wesley was just there for his snip-snip; at this rate the Walkertown Veterinary Hospital will have a "Lawgrad Wing." :O3 :O3 :O3

do you have her on glucosamine?

It works pretty well in canines too
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » January 17th, 2014, 3:48 pm

DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote: :ymhug: :ymhug:

Where is the 24 hour vet you went too?

http://ecc.tbvsecc.com/index.html

they are (fortunately) less than 10 minutes from my house.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 17th, 2014, 4:19 pm

:YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: For Sasha, LG and B.