LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by lawgrad91 » December 30th, 2013, 11:44 am

We had something cool happen last night.

We were at Fleming's Steak House in Greensboro, in a booth in the back. There was a couple in the next booth. We were looking at the menu when two managers, two chefs bearing food and a server with an ice bucket and a bottle came over to their table and stood around it. I told B, quietly, it looks like a proposal, and we both put down our menus and watched.

Sure enough, the guy got down on one knee and proposed to the girl. She apparently said yes, because they kissed and the staff all started clapping, so we clapped too and wished them well. When the main server popped the bottle, he poured for them, and then came over with champagne flutes and poured a glass for each of us.

It was Dom Perignon. =p~

Best of luck, Bill and Stacy, and much happiness! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

:9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » December 30th, 2013, 12:06 pm

Did the RevLG offer to perform the ceremony?
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 30th, 2013, 12:17 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Did the RevLG offer to perform the ceremony?
He did mention to them that he was a minister, and that he'd married a couple we met at a wine dinner at Fleming's (also a fun story-we ended up seated with two other couples, got jolly during the proceedings even to the point of singing "Row, row, row your boat" during the roe course, and became fast friends. It turned out that one couple, in their late 60s, had been together for several years, and they asked him to do the ceremony.)

The waiter has our phone numbers, if they need to get in touch.

Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » December 30th, 2013, 12:59 pm

What a fun time! :)
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 30th, 2013, 3:48 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Did the RevLG offer to perform the ceremony?
I was going to ask the same question!

What a fun evening! And Dom? Oh my goodness! That's classy!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 30th, 2013, 3:57 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:When the main server popped the bottle, he poured for them, and then came over with champagne flutes and poured a glass for each of us.

It was Dom Perignon. =p~

"Dom" came up in conversation the other night. I've never had "Dom". Usually on New Year's Eve I have a small amount of Cook's or Taylor's NY State. Meh.

Don't know what I'll have tomorrow night after we beat T A&M. Something special, I hope! Wonder what they serve on the Marta train... :)) And no, we're not going to the "official" Duke celebration at the Marriott. Not at $80 per.

Congrats to the happy couple. B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 30th, 2013, 4:57 pm

I'd never had Dom before either. The most memorable bottle I remember was the last day of class for law school. A guy who I had never spoken to before and I downed a bottle of Cook's. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » December 30th, 2013, 7:55 pm

For those of you thinking you were going to see the game on the 31st, you may want to reconsider...

Apparently, The Duke football team wraps up their great season on Jan. 1 in the Chick-fil-A Bowl.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 31st, 2013, 8:43 am

YmoBeThere wrote:For those of you thinking you were going to see the game on the 31st, you may want to reconsider...

Apparently, The Duke football team wraps up their great season on Jan. 1 in the Chick-fil-A Bowl.
Overtime, game will end after midnite. (Duke victory of course.) :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » December 31st, 2013, 8:55 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:I'd never had Dom before either. The most memorable bottle I remember was the last day of class for law school. A guy who I had never spoken to before and I downed a bottle of Cook's. :9f:
I've had Dom twice. When we were first dating, my wife mentioned she'd never had champagne. So I bought a bottle for our first St. Valentine's Day. I bought a second exactly two years later when I proposed to her. I couldn't afford either one, but in retrospect, they were well worth it. :D

I've also had Cristal once. I didn't buy that one though. Had it at a rehearsal dinner.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 1st, 2014, 9:20 am

I'll be out of the loop for a couple of days, as we are going to the mountain house today. Bud's sister is in the hospital again. She is doing better but has so many health problems it's always bad news when she gets sick.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 1st, 2014, 9:39 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:I'll be out of the loop for a couple of days, as we are going to the mountain house today. Bud's sister is in the hospital again. She is doing better but has so many health problems it's always bad news when she gets sick.
Prayers and vibes for a quick recovery.
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 1st, 2014, 9:58 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:I'll be out of the loop for a couple of days, as we are going to the mountain house today. Bud's sister is in the hospital again. She is doing better but has so many health problems it's always bad news when she gets sick.
Prayers and vibes for Bud's sister.
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » January 1st, 2014, 10:49 am

Vibes for his sister and may 2014 bring renewed health.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 1st, 2014, 6:40 pm

My Facebook feed has been surprisingly silent in terms of gloating Aggies fans. The only person who said anything was my aunt, whose daughter (my cousin) is a grad student at A&M. I went off a bit after her post. Either I scared everyone else off or they're silent because they know I'm right. :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 1st, 2014, 9:16 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:My Facebook feed has been surprisingly silent in terms of gloating Aggies fans. The only person who said anything was my aunt, whose daughter (my cousin) is a grad student at A&M. I went off a bit after her post. Either I scared everyone else off or they're silent because they know I'm right. :9f:
I think they are silent because they know you are right.
I worship the Blue Devil!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 1st, 2014, 10:41 pm

I'm hoping that Bud's sister gets well soon! Prayers for her and hugs for you all.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » January 1st, 2014, 11:04 pm

Vibes hugs & prayers for Bud's sister! :wizard: :ymhug: :pray:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » January 2nd, 2014, 5:55 am

We're prepping for cold weather tonight, may get as low as 28F.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 2nd, 2014, 9:23 am

This is my 7500th post. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.