LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by ArkieDukie » December 21st, 2013, 4:52 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBo2fxWs7jw

This is the video from the top plays from the UCLA game. Anyone who might skip the interviews at the end, don't do it, especially if you like to see a happy Andre Dawkins. :9f:
Love the Dre photobomb. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 21st, 2013, 7:43 pm

Davidson can kiss my roy williams tonight. What a choke. Or, was that the refs swallowing their whistles on one particular end of the court?
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 21st, 2013, 8:03 pm

devildeac wrote:Davidson can kiss my roy williams tonight. What a choke. Or, was that the refs swallowing their whistles on one particular end of the court?
I thought there was a bit of home cooking going on.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 21st, 2013, 9:54 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
devildeac wrote:Davidson can kiss my roy williams tonight. What a choke. Or, was that the refs swallowing their whistles on one particular end of the court?
I thought there was a bit of home cooking going on.
My mom spent the last 5 minutes and the OT yelling at the refs. Not that it did any good. X( :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 22nd, 2013, 5:30 pm

This is one of those days when I think I'd have way more fun if I worked with lawgrad or CathyCA. Thank God for Christmas break. :9f:
Oh my goodness, I always have fun at work! 8-} 8-} 8-} You are welcome to shadow me any time.

On Friday, I declined to do a motion for a bond reduction for one of my clients because (in my professional opinion) it would be safer for him to spend Christmas in jail than for him to spend time with his "friends" on the streets of west Greenville.

Had he steered clear of the new charges, I would have been able to get the charges which were pending against him dismissed. Also, if he spends Christmas in jail, he likely won't rack up any new charges over the holiday.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 22nd, 2013, 9:55 pm

I am watching The Sound of Music. It is one of my two most favorite movies ever.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 22nd, 2013, 11:10 pm

Am I the only one here who has church music trauma (since AD moved from the church where the choir director was, um, canoodling with a choir member)?

The worst music program in the history of church music programs was slated for 5:00 tonight. We were supposed to arrive at 4:30. No one told me the ladies were supposed to wear red tops and black pants. So when we get there at 4:30, the other ladies are all in red. I'm in a white top and a festive Duke blue vest with puppies on it.

I dropped off Mom and the Rev Lawgrad (who says it was coincidental that he wore a white shirt and red tie and black pants, like the other men) and drive like a bat out of hades for the one fashion boutique open in East Bend, NC, on a Sunday night. Anyone want to hazard a guess as to the fashion boutique?

If your answer is Dollar General, go to the head of the class.

Dollar General had a wide variety of options, if by wide variety you mean "two." The local high school, Forbush (home of the Falcons) wears red. And there was a charming men's brick red hoodie. I opted for the hoodie. Actually, it didn't look too awful with the blue vest.

Other than no one ever coming in together or ending together, the music program was ok, except for the sopranos turning "Joy to the World" into a round. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 23rd, 2013, 7:00 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Am I the only one here who has church music trauma (since AD moved from the church where the choir director was, um, canoodling with a choir member)?

The worst music program in the history of church music programs was slated for 5:00 tonight. We were supposed to arrive at 4:30. No one told me the ladies were supposed to wear red tops and black pants. So when we get there at 4:30, the other ladies are all in red. I'm in a white top and a festive Duke blue vest with puppies on it.

I dropped off Mom and the Rev Lawgrad (who says it was coincidental that he wore a white shirt and red tie and black pants, like the other men) and drive like a bat out of hades for the one fashion boutique open in East Bend, NC, on a Sunday night. Anyone want to hazard a guess as to the fashion boutique?

If your answer is Dollar General, go to the head of the class.

Dollar General had a wide variety of options, if by wide variety you mean "two." The local high school, Forbush (home of the Falcons) wears red. And there was a charming men's brick red hoodie. I opted for the hoodie. Actually, it didn't look too awful with the blue vest.

Other than no one ever coming in together or ending together, the music program was ok, except for the sopranos turning "Joy to the World" into a round. :9f:
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Your choir doesn't have ugly robes?

I'm glad our choir stuff is behind us this year. I'm sure you feel that way, too. I hated every piece we sang this season, except for one.

~ James Naismith
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » December 23rd, 2013, 8:19 am

Well YEAH for Dollar General and their fashion boutique! :D
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » December 23rd, 2013, 8:23 am

Great game for the Girls yesterday vs Kentucky. I saw several of the girls, later that evening at the Kroger near campus.

The Angus Barn was as festive and packed as ever on Saturday and Sunday!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 23rd, 2013, 8:43 am

Actually, it was my current church where the choir director had to step down. New director is much, much better IMO. He's very particular about the stuff a good choir director should be particular about, and the choir sounds much better as a result. We did the Vivaldi Gloria this year, with an orchestra, and it sounded great.

LG, it could be that they didn't tell you because they've always done it that way and assumed everyone knew. I ran into that problem all the time with my church in St. Louis. Drove me nuts.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 23rd, 2013, 8:48 am

Crap. It's raining. Good-bye, summer. Hello, winter.

I so enjoyed the gorgeous 70 and 80 degree weather of the past few days.

~ James Naismith
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » December 23rd, 2013, 9:49 am

Our Christmas program went well yesterday, although the attendance wasn't the greatest due to snowy conditions. Unfortunately, from a choir perspective, we don't get to do much music in it. Selfishly, I do miss the days of singing and ringing the service and having a children's program on another Sunday but the programs the last few years, without much singing, have been extremely meaningful.

Merry Christmas, everyone.
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 23rd, 2013, 11:14 am

CathyCA wrote:Your choir doesn't have ugly robes?

I'm glad our choir stuff is behind us this year. I'm sure you feel that way, too. I hated every piece we sang this season, except for one.

I'm sure the choir must have some ugly robes stashed somewhere, but they haven't worn them since I've been there.

The music changed keys and time signatures way too much to suit me. It was mostly familiar Christmas music, but set in weird and bizarre ways. I suggested to the choir director that I'd like the writer to take a pee test, because he was obviously whacked out when he wrote it. We sang "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" to the tune of "Deck the Halls," among other travesties. The piece didn't have a decent ending written into it; it just stopped. It was not written well, and it was sung worse than it was written. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » December 23rd, 2013, 2:14 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:

I'm sure the choir must have some ugly robes stashed somewhere, but they haven't worn them since I've been there.

The music changed keys and time signatures way too much to suit me. It was mostly familiar Christmas music, but set in weird and bizarre ways. I suggested to the choir director that I'd like the writer to take a pee test, because he was obviously whacked out when he wrote it. We sang "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" to the tune of "Deck the Halls," among other travesties. The piece didn't have a decent ending written into it; it just stopped. It was not written well, and it was sung worse than it was written. :9f:
That is just wrong! Who wrote it? I want to know what you tell Melanie to avoid in the future. :D
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 23rd, 2013, 7:45 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:

That is just wrong! Who wrote it? I want to know what you tell Melanie to avoid in the future. :D
Joel Rainey. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » December 23rd, 2013, 11:28 pm

Good to know. I've never run across him so I guess I hope I never do.
Life is good!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » December 26th, 2013, 8:57 pm

Ugh, mucus sucks.
DukeForester
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by DukeForester » December 27th, 2013, 10:05 am

Allergies YMO? The mountain cedar is beginning to rear its ugly head here in South Texas. Hope you feel better.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 27th, 2013, 11:11 am

DukeForester wrote:Allergies YMO? The mountain cedar is beginning to rear its ugly head here in South Texas. Hope you feel better.
Where are you located, DukeForester? I live in Galveston and Ymo is in San Antonio.
-- Albert Einstein