LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by ArkieDukie » December 2nd, 2013, 7:33 pm

Just looked at the latest bowl predictions on ESPN. Both have us playing UCLA in the Sun Bowl. I am still holding out for an east coast bowl game so many of you can attend.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 2nd, 2013, 8:51 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Just looked at the latest bowl predictions on ESPN. Both have us playing UCLA in the Sun Bowl. I am still holding out for an east coast bowl game so many of you can attend.
Someone OY posted an article explaining why it is most likely going to be Atlanta and the GayHater Bowl.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/teel-b ... 95453.post
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 2nd, 2013, 9:19 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Just looked at the latest bowl predictions on ESPN. Both have us playing UCLA in the Sun Bowl. I am still holding out for an east coast bowl game so many of you can attend.
Someone OY posted an article explaining why it is most likely going to be Atlanta and the GayHater Bowl.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/teel-b ... 95453.post
That works for me. How much will it mess things up when we beat F$U for the ACC Championship? :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » December 4th, 2013, 7:21 pm

That's crazie!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » December 8th, 2013, 6:34 pm

Nothing for four days...
YmoBeThere wrote:That's crazie!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 9th, 2013, 10:38 pm

Some time back I posted a picture of a defendant who had a unc tat on his cheek.

I can say today that justice was done in his case, and he gets to come back in January and get sentenced for felony theft from the Walmart.

I think I had him when he said he didn't steal the T-shirts, he was going to buy them for himself but the co-defendant pushed the cart out before he could. The T-shirts were XXL. His criminal history stated that he was 5'10" and 160 pounds. He wouldn't be 160 with a cinder block in each pocket. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 10th, 2013, 8:29 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Some time back I posted a picture of a defendant who had a unc tat on his cheek.

I can say today that justice was done in his case, and he gets to come back in January and get sentenced for felony theft from the Walmart.

I think I had him when he said he didn't steal the T-shirts, he was going to buy them for himself but the co-defendant pushed the cart out before he could. The T-shirts were XXL. His criminal history stated that he was 5'10" and 160 pounds. He wouldn't be 160 with a cinder block in each pocket. :9f:
Congratulations!

Was he stealing UNC T-shirts?

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 10th, 2013, 9:37 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Some time back I posted a picture of a defendant who had a unc tat on his cheek.

=)) =)) =))
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » December 10th, 2013, 11:31 am

CathyCA wrote:

Congratulations!

Again, too much fun in the courts! Love it! :)
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 10th, 2013, 12:14 pm

CathyCA wrote:

Congratulations!

Two cases of Coors Light. Several packs of those little ribeye steaks from the freezer section. Lots of men's underwear, T-shirts, and socks. A hat. Milk. Various things from the health and beauty section. A large economy sized bottle of Tide (which goes for big money at the flea market and on the local Yard Sale FB page).

Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 10th, 2013, 12:30 pm

We have our retired receptionist working for us this week while one of our paralegals is on vacation. I had asked her to go to the courthouse and retrieve a copy of the Trustee's Report of Sale in a foreclosure matter. I told her to call me if she had any problems locating the document in the foreclosure file.

She just called.

I had her read to me the names of the documents in the court file. I almost giggled out loud when she referred to one of the reports as the "Report of the Guardian ad LITHIUM." Somehow, I need to work that phrase into "the book." Maybe in a glossary of eastern North Carolina legal terms.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 10th, 2013, 12:49 pm

CathyCA wrote:We have our retired receptionist working for us this week while one of our paralegals is on vacation. I had asked her to go to the courthouse and retrieve a copy of the Trustee's Report of Sale in a foreclosure matter. I told her to call me if she had any problems locating the document in the foreclosure file.

She just called.

I had her read to me the names of the documents in the court file. I almost giggled out loud when she referred to one of the reports as the "Report of the Guardian ad LITHIUM." Somehow, I need to work that phrase into "the book." Maybe in a glossary of eastern North Carolina legal terms.

=)) =)) =))

Sounds like a character, or a title, in a sci-fi movie.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » December 10th, 2013, 1:28 pm

I watched the BONNIE & CLYDE mini-series on History Channel last night. It was on three networks: History Channel, Lifetime, and A&E.

I enjoyed the 2 part series (4 hour series). The cars, costumes, and sets were great. The Final Ambush was so excessive.

I will always think of Bonnie and Clyde (actors) as Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 10th, 2013, 2:30 pm

CathyCA wrote: I almost giggled out loud when she referred to one of the reports as the "Report of the Guardian ad LITHIUM."
I'll have to pass this one along to a certain child custody mediator that we know... =))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » December 11th, 2013, 8:36 am

CathyCA wrote:We have our retired receptionist working for us this week while one of our paralegals is on vacation. I had asked her to go to the courthouse and retrieve a copy of the Trustee's Report of Sale in a foreclosure matter. I told her to call me if she had any problems locating the document in the foreclosure file.

She just called.

=)) =)) =))
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » December 12th, 2013, 3:09 pm

Continuing on my theme of traveling for almost any reason to support family - please pray/vibe/whatever for dry roads between MN and KS on Saturday. I fly up on Friday to see my great-nephew in "The Greatest Christmas Pageant Ever" and will be driving back Saturday evening. I would have driven up today with my sister and brother-in-law but was supposed to have a hand bell concert tonight. (It got cancelled due to the flu running through the nursing home.)
Life is good!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » December 12th, 2013, 6:22 pm

DukieInKansas wrote: the flu running through the nursing home.)
Did it run or was it more of a brisk walk? I'm bad, I know. :(
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » December 12th, 2013, 7:32 pm

Travelling vibes for you, DinK!! Enjoy the play!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » December 12th, 2013, 7:46 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote: the flu running through the nursing home.)
Did it run or was it more of a brisk walk? I'm bad, I know. :(

I knew someone would jump on that. I think it was more like a slow shuffle. It is a nursing home, after all.
Life is good!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » December 12th, 2013, 8:07 pm

Safe travel vibes, DinK! (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))