LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » November 13th, 2013, 5:22 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:For those who are interested, but don't go to the NASCAR thread:

Kurt Busch prepaid his speeding ticket. :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-driving: :auto-layrubber: :9f:
So you didn't get to meet him?

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 13th, 2013, 5:25 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Another chapter of the "you can't make this stuff up" saga:

I am going to Martinsville to fill in for their lame duck CA on Friday, so they can shut down their office for a funeral. (Today, eleven years ago TO THE DAY, I got the call from Mom that I had to come home IMMEDIATELY. This office called that office to try to get someone to cover, and they said they "might have a meeting" so they couldn't fill in for me. I may have forgiven, but I never forget. Part-time Cliff, who was in Franklin County at the time, juggled his office schedule to cover for me instead. I don't forget him, either, but in a different way. Thanks to Cliff, I made it home to see Dad while he still knew I was there, about 3 hours before he was gone.)

Anyway, I have agreed to do the five misdemeanor appeal cases set in the morning. Pretty typical stuff, a driving charge, a fail to appear, some good behavior violations, and an assault and battery. Facts on the assault are as follows: Female defendant is mad at female victim over a man. He is CLEARLY a fine catch, because they are debating which of them he will reside with when he gets out of jail on his drug distribution convictions. Defendant tells victim's sister, "Hold my baby, cuz we gonna fight." Sister refuses. I think defendant put the baby down. Defendant then commits an act of unlawful touching (ie, assault and battery) when she runs over to victim and hits victim in the face with her "titi's". :9f:

Depending on the size of her um, girls, you might be able to amend the charge of assault and battery to "assault with a deadly weapon." =))

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » November 13th, 2013, 8:07 pm

I know you guys and gals love my kid stories, so here's an oldie but goodie. I was reminded of this when my daughter came to me to help her pull up her tights after she went to the bathroom all by herself:

I was changing my daughter's diaper a few years ago, and my three year old son came in and stared at her for a long moment. He then very solemnly asked, "Daddy, when is her weenie gonna grow in?"
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 13th, 2013, 9:27 pm

CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:For those who are interested, but don't go to the NASCAR thread:

Kurt Busch prepaid his speeding ticket. :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-driving: :auto-layrubber: :9f:

No. I am sure that would have been pleasant. I suspect he got counsel that told him $66 (11 miles over at $6 a mile) was the best he was going to get, and going to court after calling the trooper a f***ing liar would be counterproductive.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 13th, 2013, 9:31 pm

CathyCA wrote: Depending on the size of her um, girls, you might be able to amend the charge of assault and battery to "assault with a deadly weapon." =))

Our computerized police reports have lots of boxes that are filled in with drop down menus. We had a sexual assault once where the officer had (giving him the benefit of the doubt) hit the wrong line on the drop down menu. Where the form said, "Weapon or other item used" he had hit the option that read "Negotiable instrument."

(In case you were wondering, a check is a negotiable instrument.) I had an image of this bad guy trying to give this lady a paper cut in order to have his way with her.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 13th, 2013, 10:58 pm

I confess: the loss to Kansas was my fault. As y'all may know, my lucky pre-game meal is homemade pizza. Last night I served supper at the local Salvation Army with some of my church choir peeps. We always eat leftovers together after the meal (spaghetti, salad, garlic toast). My hope was that karma wouldn't punish me for breaking the pregame ritual since it was for such a good cause. Alas, twas not to be. I offer my sincerest apologies to all of Blue Devil Nation and promise that I will not repeat my mistake. :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 13th, 2013, 11:09 pm

In the category of "things that make you go hmmm", I posted a link on Facebook that's big news back home in AR. One of the local high schools, near where I grew up, received a letter from a licensing agent representing the Univ of Missouri Tigers, issuing a cease and desist order on the use of their logo. The thing is, the logos are both tigers, but they look nothing alike. The school is trying to decide what to do about the whole thing. Mizzou is clearly in the wrong, but it would cost this small school more to fight the bullies in court than it would to change their logo. I think they may be trying to sway public opinion in their favor in order to embarrass Mizzou into backing off. Here's hoping they are successful. :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » November 14th, 2013, 5:40 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:In the category of "things that make you go hmmm", I posted a link on Facebook that's big news back home in AR. One of the local high schools, near where I grew up, received a letter from a licensing agent representing the Univ of Missouri Tigers, issuing a cease and desist order on the use of their logo. The thing is, the logos are both tigers, but they look nothing alike. The school is trying to decide what to do about the whole thing. Mizzou is clearly in the wrong, but it would cost this small school more to fight the bullies in court than it would to change their logo. I think they may be trying to sway public opinion in their favor in order to embarrass Mizzou into backing off. Here's hoping they are successful. :9f:
I saw your link - MU is being ridiculous!
Life is good!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » November 14th, 2013, 5:48 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

No. I am sure that would have been pleasant. I suspect he got counsel that told him $66 (11 miles over at $6 a mile) was the best he was going to get, and going to court after calling the trooper a f***ing liar would be counterproductive.
So much for his anger management class! X( X(
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 17th, 2013, 9:07 pm

No post since the '14th. I don't want LTE lost. I'm watching Den./KC.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » November 18th, 2013, 8:50 am

Duke Men Win, Duke Women Win, Duke football Wins, Carolina Loses...the Ewoks sing.

What a glorious weekend

(Bonus: The Bucaneers and the Giants won too)
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 18th, 2013, 11:36 am

windsor wrote:Duke Men Win, Duke Women Win, Duke football Wins, Carolina Loses...the Ewoks sing.

What a glorious weekend

(Bonus: The Bucaneers and the Giants won too)
I love it when the Ewoks sing. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 18th, 2013, 3:55 pm

Duke BB tonight, then the Panthers!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » November 19th, 2013, 7:55 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:Duke BB tonight, then the Panthers!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
A win and a win.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 19th, 2013, 9:43 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:Duke BB tonight, then the Panthers!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
A win and a win.
Yes! What a great sports peek end and a very good way to start the week. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » November 20th, 2013, 12:08 am

Today's win a little iffy, but a win nonetheless...
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » November 20th, 2013, 11:24 am

Still struggling with sore throat/cough/fever and generic cold symptoms. I am bringing out he big guns. Pot of chicken soup (grandmother's recipe) is on the stove. That will fix it for sure.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 20th, 2013, 4:36 pm

I just received this email response from a client: "Just climbed up a tree. Will talk to [his sister] and we'll get back to you."

That might need to go in "The Book."

~ James Naismith
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » November 20th, 2013, 6:03 pm

CathyCA wrote:I just received this email response from a client: "Just climbed up a tree. Will talk to [his sister] and we'll get back to you."

Too funny!!!! =))
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 20th, 2013, 6:21 pm

IowaDevil wrote:
CathyCA wrote:I just received this email response from a client: "Just climbed up a tree. Will talk to [his sister] and we'll get back to you."

Too funny!!!! =))
He has now sent me another email telling me how cold it is up in the tree.

~ James Naismith