LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Lavabe » October 12th, 2013, 11:28 pm

Sleep issues... UGH!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » October 13th, 2013, 2:36 pm

windsor wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
Windsor, you have definitely inspired me to stand up for myself. I'm getting much more bada$$ in my old age. :9f:
As my bada$$ tough as nails great grandmother always said "Nobody taking you money is doing you any favors"

She was married for 60 years to someone she hated...she wanted to lie 'long enough to whiz on that son of a bitches grave'. She outlived him by 15 years....the cemetery was only a few blocks from her house. I never asked her if she did...I didn't have to :D
Winds I love your Grandma! :x
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 13th, 2013, 5:48 pm

IowaDevil wrote:
windsor wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
Windsor, you have definitely inspired me to stand up for myself. I'm getting much more bada$$ in my old age. :9f:
As my bada$$ tough as nails great grandmother always said "Nobody taking you money is doing you any favors"

She was married for 60 years to someone she hated...she wanted to lie 'long enough to whiz on that son of a bitches grave'. She outlived him by 15 years....the cemetery was only a few blocks from her house. I never asked her if she did...I didn't have to :D
Winds I love your Grandma! :x

Grammy rocked. She lived to 102. Drank a shot of scotch neat before bed every night, smoked unfilter cigs from 13 until she was 94 (when she moved into SN assittdd living).

My great grandfather dated her older sister who dumped him. To get even with her he dated Grammy and got her "in the family way". He tried to skip town but her father and brother caught him at the Hopewell NJ train station (they were, legend has it "packing heat") and convinced him to do the right thing.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 13th, 2013, 6:35 pm

image.jpg
My friends Ruby and Reed gave me this today as a belated birthday present.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » October 13th, 2013, 8:01 pm

^:)^
lawgrad91 wrote:http://www.thelocal.se/50584/20131003/

I could never have this luck. If something really heavy were to fall on me, I'm sure it wouldn't be bacon. :Pirate: :9f:
Now THAT'S FUNNY!!! =))
Love, Ima ^:)^
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » October 13th, 2013, 8:02 pm

Well, shoot, Arkie! But, I gotta say I sorta breathed a sigh of relief! This whole thing made me plenty nervous for you. What happened anyway? Inquiring minds want to know.
Love, Ima
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » October 13th, 2013, 8:05 pm

She was married for 60 years to someone she hated...she wanted to lie 'long enough to whiz on that son of a bitches grave'. She outlived him by 15 years....the cemetery was only a few blocks from her house. I never asked her if she did...I didn't have to :D[/quote]

Winds I love your Grandma! :x[/quote]

Grammy rocked. She lived to 102. Drank a shot of scotch neat before bed every night, smoked unfilter cigs from 13 until she was 94 (when she moved into SN assittdd living).

My great grandfather dated her older sister who dumped him. To get even with her he dated Grammy and got her "in the family way". He tried to skip town but her father and brother caught him at the Hopewell NJ train station (they were, legend has it "packing heat") and convinced him to do the right thing.[/quote]

Write a BOOK!!!!
Love, Ima
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » October 13th, 2013, 8:23 pm

Windsor: Tell us some more "Grammy" stories. You have the Old Ref & I in stitches! I do agree with Ima - WRITE A BOOK! =)) =))
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 13th, 2013, 10:22 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
image.jpg
My friends Ruby and Reed gave me this today as a belated birthday present.
That is great!!!! Enjoy.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 14th, 2013, 10:04 am

IowaDevil wrote:Windsor: Tell us some more "Grammy" stories. You have the Old Ref & I in stitches! I do agree with Ima - WRITE A BOOK! =)) =))

Grammy broke her hip twice...once at 81 once at 88 The second time her sister Eva (why yes, the one my Great Grand Father dated first...) also had a broken hip. The good folks at Princeton Hospital but them int he same room. Someone should have mentioned the 70+ year blood feud...Grammy was out and walking in record time to get away from Eva. I should mention that she broke her hip by falling off a ladder. An extension ladder....that she was using to clean out her gutters.

Tough as nails

When they remodelled her kitchen in the 40s she made them leave her wood stove - it satt in the corner until she left tht house. Certainly things she made on that stove for the rest of her life. She used the gas stove for easy stuff.

One of my prize positions (but not one of the 5 things I would grab in a fire since it would survive) is her cast iron pot. It is 8 quarts. It came with a forklift to pick it up. It is over 100 years old. I have her skillet as well.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 14th, 2013, 10:36 pm

windsor wrote:
IowaDevil wrote:Windsor: Tell us some more "Grammy" stories. You have the Old Ref & I in stitches! I do agree with Ima - WRITE A BOOK! =)) =))

Grammy broke her hip twice...once at 81 once at 88 The second time her sister Eva (why yes, the one my Great Grand Father dated first...) also had a broken hip. The good folks at Princeton Hospital but them int he same room. Someone should have mentioned the 70+ year blood feud...Grammy was out and walking in record time to get away from Eva. I should mention that she broke her hip by falling off a ladder. An extension ladder....that she was using to clean out her gutters.

Tough as nails

When they remodelled her kitchen in the 40s she made them leave her wood stove - it satt in the corner until she left tht house. Certainly things she made on that stove for the rest of her life. She used the gas stove for easy stuff.

One of my prize positions (but not one of the 5 things I would grab in a fire since it would survive) is her cast iron pot. It is 8 quarts. It came with a forklift to pick it up. It is over 100 years old. I have her skillet as well.
Great story. I also have some cast iron frying pays. One I only use for cornbread. It's very old but I don't know how old. The other one was giving to us by my aunt and uncle. It's only 53 years old. It's the new one. ;)
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 16th, 2013, 12:00 pm

Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » October 16th, 2013, 12:29 pm

NC State Fair begins Thursday afternoon. Hope the weather is great the entire time!
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » October 17th, 2013, 10:59 pm

I thought Miami Football team was alot better than the performance againest the Tarholes, tonight. Dang! :9f:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 19th, 2013, 3:05 pm

James Kenan goes undefeated this year! GO JK!!! Also, Orange High went undefeated this year. I'm proud of both schools. :happy-bouncyblue:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 21st, 2013, 9:09 am

What is wrong with Facebook this morning?

It won't let me post or like anything. Also, it is not updating.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » October 23rd, 2013, 12:26 pm

There apparently is something called Common App where college bound students can apply online to many colleges. It recently has undergone some "improvements & upgrades" -- could it be the same firm who wrote the Affordable Act software -- and is not working correctly. One student from Herndon VA tried over 10 times to put in his application to UNC and the program kept telling him he didn't exist! Do you think his guardian angel might've been involved in that one and it had nothing to do with the software????? :D :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 23rd, 2013, 1:12 pm

IowaDevil wrote:There apparently is something called Common App where college bound students can apply online to many colleges. It recently has undergone some "improvements & upgrades" -- could it be the same firm who wrote the Affordable Act software -- and is not working correctly. One student from Herndon VA tried over 10 times to put in his application to UNC and the program kept telling him he didn't exist! Do you think his guardian angel might've been involved in that one and it had nothing to do with the software????? :D :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
Or maybe unc doesn't exist as an educational institution.

Wouldn't it have been funny if it had sent his application to the University of Northern Colorado? :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 24th, 2013, 11:24 am

HA!

I just went OY and looked at the new site. It told me I needed to sign in to SB Nation, which I guess I had never done. So I did.

Now it tells me, "Your Duke Basketball Report membership will be fully active in OVER 27 YEARS, ON MARCH 10, 2041 8:13AM PST.

Until then you will not be able to post comments, FanPosts or FanShots.

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

I guess they don't want me around. I guess I can't spork anymore, either. Oh, well. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 24th, 2013, 12:08 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:HA!

I just went OY and looked at the new site. It told me I needed to sign in to SB Nation, which I guess I had never done. So I did.

Now it tells me, "Your Duke Basketball Report membership will be fully active in OVER 27 YEARS, ON MARCH 10, 2041 8:13AM PST.

Until then you will not be able to post comments, FanPosts or FanShots.

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

I guess they don't want me around. I guess I can't spork anymore, either. Oh, well. :9f:
It just wouldn't recognize my password - even though it remembered it.

You can go on as yourself now. Or as close to yourself as you want to be.
Life is good!