LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by lawgrad91 » October 7th, 2013, 8:40 pm

CathyCA wrote:
chipslate wrote:LG: The power of Christ compelled him!

That sounds like another chapter in our book!

Okay, spill!

:9f:
Mama said she didn't know what happened, except she felt a "poof" in her face. Covering for Junior.

Junior said (after being apprised of Miranda) that he and mama got in an argument, and he sprayed her in the face with a can of BEAR MACE, then hit her over the head with Jesus, then called 911 and said he had killed his mama. Apparently Jesus really is the Prince of Peace, because mama had minimal injuries from being whacked over the head.

@ChipSlate-the sheriff's deputies brought the bear mace, packaged in a baggy. Judge Williams opened the bag, allegedly to look at the label on the can. After he found the defendant guilty, he said, "I never should have opened the bear mace bag. My eyes are burning." Also, TigerDevil's crew was originally appointed to represent him, but he told the Juvenile Court Judge he couldn't work with the attorney because Indians were not to be trusted. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 8th, 2013, 1:15 pm

Patiently enduring a 3 1/2 hour layover in Nashville airport. At least the company is good! :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 8th, 2013, 10:05 pm

I'm lecturing tomorrow in the class that I'm co-teaching with Road Runner and MacGyver. The topic involves data analysis and interpretation of the type that I started doing in my old job. I had a bit of divine inspiration this evening: I'm including some data analysis from the infamous Pushy PI paper. It's highly genericized so that they won't know whose data it is or what manuscript the spectrum came from. The purpose of the example? Teaching the students to see if data passes the smell test. :ymdevil: I wanted an example of something that pegs the BS-o-meter, and this was the best example I could come up with.

Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 8th, 2013, 10:28 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I'm lecturing tomorrow in the class that I'm co-teaching with Road Runner and MacGyver. The topic involves data analysis and interpretation of the type that I started doing in my old job. I had a bit of divine inspiration this evening: I'm including some data analysis from the infamous Pushy PI paper. It's highly genericized so that they won't know whose data it is or what manuscript the spectrum came from. The purpose of the example? Teaching the students to see if data passes the smell test. :ymdevil: I wanted an example of something that pegs the BS-o-meter, and this was the best example I could come up with.

A fine idea! :)) :ymdevil: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
chipslate
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by chipslate » October 8th, 2013, 11:09 pm

@LG: That's classic. Just another day in paradise! lol

8-}
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 9th, 2013, 8:56 am

Nothing to contribute today so far. But, then again, what else is new? :ymblushing:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 9th, 2013, 9:32 am

devildeac wrote:Nothing to contribute today so far. But, then again, what else is new? :ymblushing:

It hasn't stopped you yet. ;)
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 9th, 2013, 9:32 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
devildeac wrote:Nothing to contribute today so far. But, then again, what else is new? :ymblushing:

Actually, it hasn't stopped any of us yet.

Life is good!
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » October 9th, 2013, 12:32 pm

Last night the English teacher to our freshman G-daughter, McKinley, came up to me and told me they had been talking about the meaning of words in class. At the word "fanatic" she said McKinley's Grandma is a fanatic! She has her Christmas tree decorated for her favorite school - Duke University. McKinley dug up a photo to prove it to everyone! When I visit Decorah the kids used to call me Grandma Schatzi - I am now Grandma Duke!
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 9th, 2013, 12:35 pm

IowaDevil wrote:Last night the English teacher to our freshman G-daughter, McKinley, came up to me and told me they had been talking about the meaning of words in class. At the word "fanatic" she said McKinley's Grandma is a fanatic! She has her Christmas tree decorated for her favorite school - Duke University. McKinley dug up a photo to prove it to everyone! When I visit Decorah the kids used to call me Grandma Schatzi - I am now Grandma Duke!
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
^:)^ :-BD \:d/ :clap: Good job!

Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 9th, 2013, 2:11 pm

Not as fun as a Google+ hangout, but ChipSlate and I are both in Circuit Court for a sentencing and a probation violation. :duke: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 9th, 2013, 3:56 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:

Actually, it hasn't stopped any of us yet.

Some have even less to contribute than others (self-portrait/looking in mirror) :ymblushing: .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 9th, 2013, 5:46 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Not as fun as a Google+ hangout, but ChipSlate and I are both in Circuit Court for a sentencing and a probation violation. :duke: :9f:
Oh, please set up a Google+ hangout in Circuit Court! I'd love to see you all in action!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 11th, 2013, 10:52 am

CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Not as fun as a Google+ hangout, but ChipSlate and I are both in Circuit Court for a sentencing and a probation violation. :duke: :9f:
Oh, please set up a Google+ hangout in Circuit Court! I'd love to see you all in action!

Me too! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 11th, 2013, 10:57 am

I just had a fun time ripping my property manager a new one. Bozo is trying to claim I owe him $1800. Not true at all. Idiot put rent from the tenant in as part of the amount I allegedly owe him. The statement came from HIS ACCOUNTANT! Good lord - how stupid do these people think I am?

I sent them back an Excel spreadsheet in which I listed income (rent from condo) along with all expenses. No big surprise: they owe me money. I told them I expected a deposit within the next few days, or I would be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau. I'll definitely be putting a writeup on Angie's List. :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 11th, 2013, 1:34 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I just had a fun time ripping my property manager a new one. Bozo is trying to claim I owe him $1800. Not true at all. Idiot put rent from the tenant in as part of the amount I allegedly owe him. The statement came from HIS ACCOUNTANT! Good lord - how stupid do these people think I am?

I sent them back an Excel spreadsheet in which I listed income (rent from condo) along with all expenses. No big surprise: they owe me money. I told them I expected a deposit within the next few days, or I would be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau. I'll definitely be putting a writeup on Angie's List. :9f:

He must have thought you took math with UNC basketball team...
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 11th, 2013, 2:57 pm

windsor wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I just had a fun time ripping my property manager a new one. Bozo is trying to claim I owe him $1800. Not true at all. Idiot put rent from the tenant in as part of the amount I allegedly owe him. The statement came from HIS ACCOUNTANT! Good lord - how stupid do these people think I am?

He must have thought you took math with UNC basketball team...
=)) Nice one! In this case, it was only as simple as being able to correctly plug numbers into an Excel spreadsheet. Maybe the accountant is a former UNC athlete.

Just got a "mea culpa" note back from the accountant. The property manager and the accountant got together and went over the numbers. Lo and behold, they determined that I was right. His excuse was that they forgot to include September and October rent. Really?! Note that this is my property manager and his accountant. Maybe both of them are former UNC athletes. :9f:

Windsor, you have definitely inspired me to stand up for myself. I'm getting much more bada$$ in my old age. :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » October 11th, 2013, 3:23 pm

Great luncheon today at Blue Devil Club, with Coach Jim Collins as the keynote speaker!!! :happy-bouncyblue:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 11th, 2013, 10:05 pm

AD's a badass! Clap, clap, clap clap clap. AD's a badass! :9f:

Nate James may get jealous :ymdevil: B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 12th, 2013, 9:54 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
Windsor, you have definitely inspired me to stand up for myself. I'm getting much more bada$$ in my old age. :9f:
As my bada$$ tough as nails great grandmother always said "Nobody taking you money is doing you any favors"

She was married for 60 years to someone she hated...she wanted to lie 'long enough to whiz on that son of a bitches grave'. She outlived him by 15 years....the cemetery was only a few blocks from her house. I never asked her if she did...I didn't have to :D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.