Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Wheat/“/“/“
I don't know what PWing is.

Re: Trump Vs Biden --- The Election Thread

Post by Wheat/“/“/“ » August 31st, 2020, 2:16 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 1:58 pm
Joe Biden is delivering an excellent speech calling out Trump, continuously asking "Do you feel safer under Donald Trump?"
Biden is reading a speech, not making one.

Noted that he didn’t take a single question, looked frail and struggled to read it with any passion.

He’s a product of the swamp, life long politician, and read all his talking points like a good little campaigner should.

The violence is not on Trump. It’s on the people that continue to do violence and the Democratic governors and Mayors that have let it fester with their weak response.
Wheat/“/“/“

Post by Wheat/“/“/“ » August 31st, 2020, 2:22 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 2:10 pm

Welcome back, and I totally agree with your last statement.

Regarding buyback vs confiscation: it seems to me that these two are very different. Confiscate, to me, implies that officials are going to bust into your house and take all of your guns. Buyback doesn’t have that connotation to me. Under a buyback, you’re at least getting something for the guns - although “mandatory” seems a bit strong for a buyback program.

I’m not a fan of assault rifles being openly available. I have relatives who are police officers, and I’m not a fan of them being readily available.
I’m fine with trying a voluntary buy back program that might remove some guns from inner cities where crime rates with guns are high, But “mandatory” crosses the line. And trying to regulate which type of guns a law abiding citizen can own is a slippery slope that I will not support going down.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 31st, 2020, 2:32 pm

Wheat/“/“/“ wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 2:16 pm

Noted that he ... looked frail and struggled to read it with any passion.
You and I are apparently watching two very different speeches.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
dudog
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by dudog » August 31st, 2020, 2:34 pm

Wheat/“/“/“ wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 12:54 pm
I’m not voting for Trump...
Ah, you almost had me... :))
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » August 31st, 2020, 2:36 pm

Wheat/“/“/“ wrote:
Joe Biden is delivering an excellent speech calling out Trump, continuously asking "Do you feel safer under Donald Trump?"

Noted that he didn’t take a single question, looked frail and struggled to read it with any passion.

He’s a product of the swamp, life long politician, and read all his talking points like a good little campaigner should.

The violence is not on Trump. It’s on the people that continue to do violence and the Democratic governors and Mayors that have let it fester with their weak response.
Can we find a happy medium between this being a pro-Biden echo chamber (of which I am an active part) and Wheat mindlessly spewing FoxNews talking points? I'm sorry - I really can't take this. This is not constructive. It is ignorant nastiness. We complain here about the restrictive rules OY but this is why they have some of them. I get that it is unfortunately reflective of the views of many Americans, but it is really bad. I don't even know where to start. It makes me embarrassed to be an American that people like him can be so easily brainwashed by a sociopathic charlatan like Trump and enablers.
dudog

Post by dudog » August 31st, 2020, 2:36 pm

Wheat/“/“/“ wrote:
And this is different from others, how?
Wheat/“/“/“

Post by Wheat/“/“/“ » August 31st, 2020, 2:43 pm

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 2:36 pm
Wheat/“/“/“ wrote:

Can we find a happy medium between this being a pro-Biden echo chamber (of which I am an active part) and Wheat mindlessly spewing FoxNews talking points? I'm sorry - I really can't take this. This is not constructive. It is ignorant nastiness. We complain here about the restrictive rules OY but this is why they have some of them. I get that it is unfortunately reflective of the views of many Americans, but it is really bad. I don't even know where to start. It makes me embarrassed to be an American that people like him can be so easily brainwashed by a sociopathic charlatan like Trump and enablers.
Why attack me? I could care less what Fox News says.

Just reply to my comments that you think are wrong and we can discuss it.
Wheat/“/“/“

Post by Wheat/“/“/“ » August 31st, 2020, 2:46 pm

dudog wrote:
Wheat/“/“/“ wrote:
I want to see Biden in an unstructured situation where he has to take on questions that challenge him. I have doubts he can handle tough situations. Maybe he can prove me wrong.

I don’t always like how Trump responds, but he is willing to take on all questions and does it almost every day.
dudog

Post by dudog » August 31st, 2020, 2:51 pm

Wheat/“/“/“ wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 2:46 pm
dudog wrote:
Wheat/“/“/“ wrote:

I want to see Biden in an unstructured situation where he has to take on questions that challenge him. I have doubts he can handle tough situations. Maybe he can prove me wrong.

I don’t always like how Trump responds, but he is willing to take on all questions and does it almost every day.
Excellent first response, thanks. But the second is just factually incorrect (and IMO is why you take heat). Trump rarely directly answers a question, and I'll admit that is a "skill", though a maddening one. He will also often just move to another questioner, often the OANN bimbo (sorry, but she is). Further, multiple times he has just walked away from the podium.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » August 31st, 2020, 2:54 pm

Wheat/“/“/“ wrote:
dudog wrote:
Wheat/“/“/“ wrote:

A) He takes on almost no questions
B) He lies in response to the questions he takes on
C) He childishly demeans those who ask him questions that he doesn't like

You view the world in a very different way than I do. It is a very scary way. That is all I have to say. If you don't watch Fox News I have no idea where you get these crazy thoughts from. But they stand opposed to the truth and everything good this country was built on. Trump has made a mockery of our country and the dignity of the office of the presidency. Do you think all of these people who have worked closely with him and are now calling him a threat to our democracy are doing this for the fun of it? No. They have seen him up close. And all of these ridiculous talking points about Biden being tired or incoherent are lazy.

I'm done.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 31st, 2020, 3:06 pm

Wheat/“/“/“ wrote:

The debates are coming. Biden will be a strong contender in them, I have no doubt.
Phredd3

Post by Phredd3 » August 31st, 2020, 3:11 pm

Wheat/“/“/“ wrote:

So, do you feel that Biden's speech now is substantially different from Trump's speech to close out the Republican National Convention? Because that was precisely my perception of that particular address. When I look at Biden, I, too, see someone old and relatively frail. I see exactly the same thing when I look at Trump failing to raise a glass to his face with one hand and limping down a ramp designed for wheelchairs. In truth, there's very little in that regard to distinguish the two, IMO. Both seem to have certainly physical limitations, albeit different ones, that come from age, and neither one seems to have any kind of mental impairment, despite cries from each side that the other side's guy does.

When you evaluate Biden's performance, are you certain that you are looking with an objective lens?
Phredd3

Post by Phredd3 » August 31st, 2020, 3:22 pm

Wheat/“/“/“ wrote:
I want to see Biden in an unstructured situation where he has to take on questions that challenge him.
I want to see that, too, but I also think that it proves less than perhaps you think it proves. Quick, firm answers to questions looks great on camera, but doesn't necessarily ensure good, deliberate decision-making. Far more important to me is to see how an candidate anticipates challenges, formulates policy, and creates a team, drawing on expertise where needed, evaluating options, and making solid, well-founded decisions. Very seldom is a President called upon to reach a snap, binding decision based on an unexpected short-term event.

It is a bit like driving a car. Most of being a good driver involves anticipating and avoiding situations you can't get yourself out of if called upon to do so. Of course, being able to get out of the situations you can't avoid is a good skill to have, and rises in importance if you are a drive in the Daytona 500, but even at Daytona, 90% of safety is avoidance, not reaction.

Trump, to me, fails on this test far more than Biden does. Trump stumbles less on word choice, that's true. He often gives a quick, confident-sounding response. But often that response is not well-grounded and lacks foundation. Furthermore, he can't admit that this even might be the case.

I question the competency, not of any man who suggests injecting bleach, but of a man who can't admit of himself in retrospect that this was a poor suggestion.
Wheat/“/“/“

Post by Wheat/“/“/“ » August 31st, 2020, 5:13 pm

Slow down guys, I can’t keep up to all the replies necessary:)

Trump is not very presidential, no doubt. I’d love to vote for a different candidate that wasn’t a narcissist ass, but unfortunately this is what we have. The media destroys good people who try to serve, so they won’t run, and we get flawed politicians.

I vote on policy, not wether I like somebody. I look at actions on issues, and I like what Trump has been doing...mostly.

Some politicians speak eloquently and look presidential, looking you in the eyes, lying the whole way on what their real intentions are. Remember Obama saying pass Obamacare and you can keep your doctor? Or Bush’s famous read my lips, no new taxes before raising taxes once he got in? Even wild Bill saying he did not have sex with that women! My personal favorite.

Those are the ones I really can’t stand. And that’s most of them, so I don’t pay attention to much of their blathering, I just watch what they do.

Trump never suggested anybody should drink bleach ,btw. He just awkwardly discussed a potential treatment off the cuff as he is prone to do and botched it.

Biden is likeable. But his day has passed. He’s simply too old for this from what I’ve seen. Hard for me to imagine a serious conflict with China arising and Biden taking charge and making hard decisions.

I wonder who is pulling the strings from behind the curtain. I can’t trust him the be the moderate he is trying to portray. He looks to be a mouthpiece of Pelosi, Obama, Sanders, etc...

Why I’ll vote for the Republican Party...and Trump, sigh.
America first philosophy.
Trump has stood up to China and globalism. which was out of hand.
He challenged allies to pay their fair share and stopped the gravy train which was long over do.
He drastically reduced illegal immigration, despite democratic opponents, which will force better wages for American workers, mostly minorities.
Has reached out to minorities with inner city economic empowerment zones and criminal justice reform.
Is playing no games with Iran, (Sulimani), and put the rest of the Middle East on notice.
Supports the Israeli state and a Palestine State.
Negotiated a peace agreement between UAE and Israel, a start.
Negotiated better trade deals for the US.
Rebuilt our military.
Supports police.

Just off the top of my head....and democrats fought these policies the whole way with a stupid impeachment trial thrown in to try to slow down those changes.
OPK
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by OPK » August 31st, 2020, 6:44 pm

August 31st, 2020, 1:19 pm
That being said, nobody's comments will ever be deleted here, unless something breaks down into a name calling match, and I have faith that we are all above that fray.
Phhht. Hippie.

;-)

(thanks for the invite!)
OPK

Post by OPK » August 31st, 2020, 6:47 pm

Wheat/“/“/“ wrote:

Serious question — did you watch the Democratic debates?
OPK

Post by OPK » August 31st, 2020, 6:53 pm

Wheat/“/“/“ wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 5:13 pm

Biden is likeable. But his day has passed. He’s simply too old for this from what I’ve seen. Hard for me to imagine a serious conflict with China arising and Biden taking charge and making hard decisions.

I wonder who is pulling the strings from behind the curtain. I can’t trust him the be the moderate he is trying to portray. He looks to be a mouthpiece of Pelosi, Obama, Sanders, etc...

Why I’ll vote for the Republican Party...and Trump, sigh.
America first philosophy.
Trump has stood up to China and globalism. which was out of hand.
He challenged allies to pay their fair share and stopped the gravy train which was long over do.
He drastically reduced illegal immigration, despite democratic opponents, which will force better wages for American workers, mostly minorities.
Has reached out to minorities with inner city economic empowerment zones and criminal justice reform.
Is playing no games with Iran, (Sulimani), and put the rest of the Middle East on notice.
Supports the Israeli state and a Palestine State.
Negotiated a peace agreement between UAE and Israel, a start.
Negotiated better trade deals for the US.
Rebuilt our military.
Supports police.

Just off the top of my head....and democrats fought these policies the whole way with a stupid impeachment trial thrown in to try to slow down those changes.
FWIW, I live in a really red part of the country and hear all of this a lot. Whether you agree or disagree with this critique or its factual accuracy/inaccuracy, it is widespread where I am and is based on issues that motivate the right.

When folks on the left ask “how can anyone vote for Trump?” Wheat has provided a good insight into the answer.
Wheat/“/“/“

Post by Wheat/“/“/“ » August 31st, 2020, 6:57 pm

OPK wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 6:47 pm
Wheat/“/“/“ wrote:

I did, most of it.
OPK

Post by OPK » August 31st, 2020, 7:54 pm

Wheat/“/“/“ wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 6:57 pm
OPK wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 6:47 pm
Wheat/“/“/“ wrote:

I did, most of it.
Thanks. That was the rap on Biden going into the debates from the other Dem contenders, and I thought he did fine (especially after the first few).

Ultimate I doubt the debates change much. Everyone has made up their minds and will see what they want to see from both candidates.

Call the question.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 31st, 2020, 8:16 pm

OPK wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 6:44 pm
August 31st, 2020, 1:19 pm
That being said, nobody's comments will ever be deleted here, unless something breaks down into a name calling match, and I have faith that we are all above that fray.
Phhht. Hippie.
We've got smilies for that kind of name calling.

:banana-dreads: :happy-hippy: