LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » September 13th, 2013, 1:54 pm

bjornolf wrote:We discovered over the summer that Michael has ADHD, which is why he's been having so much trouble in school. They put him on a medicine a few weeks ago, and the difference is night and day. So, this morning, he takes his pill and his sister says "how come you get to take a pill every morning? Why don't I get one?"

His response? "Those are my brain pills. They help me think better. You're just in kindergarten, so you don't need them." :))
Ask a great question --- you get a great answer! Bless 'em both!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 13th, 2013, 7:55 pm

image.jpg
This little guy showed up on our doorstep this morning, along with a neighbor who said he found him in his garage. The Rev. LG offered to look after him until his family could be found. So far, no one has looked hard for his family.
:9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 13th, 2013, 8:26 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
image.jpg
This little guy showed up on our doorstep this morning, along with a neighbor who said he found him in his garage. The Rev. LG offered to look after him until his family could be found. So far, no one has looked hard for his family.
And a very talented little guy he is - standing on the ceiling like that. :D ;)
Life is good!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » September 13th, 2013, 11:04 pm

Oh he's so cute. I hope some little kid isn't sad and worried. He can't have traveled too far. He's so little. I hope you find his humans.
Love, Ima
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 13th, 2013, 11:19 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:
image.jpg
He is impressive, isn't he? :O3
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 13th, 2013, 11:22 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Oh he's so cute. I hope some little kid isn't sad and worried. He can't have traveled too far. He's so little. I hope you find his humans.
Love, Ima
I checked the local animal control website and B called the local vet. So far, nothing. I am thinking we will see signs the next few days from whoever might be looking for him. I would hate for some little kid to be heartbroken over missing his or her puppy. But he isn't going to the pound. If we can't find owners he can stay here.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 14th, 2013, 12:59 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Oh he's so cute. I hope some little kid isn't sad and worried. He can't have traveled too far. He's so little. I hope you find his humans.
Love, Ima
I checked the local animal control website and B called the local vet. So far, nothing. I am thinking we will see signs the next few days from whoever might be looking for him. I would hate for some little kid to be heartbroken over missing his or her puppy. But he isn't going to the pound. If we can't find owners he can stay here.
:ymhug:
Life is good!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 14th, 2013, 8:32 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
Love, Ima
Why am I not surprised? :ymhug: :O3
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 14th, 2013, 8:42 am

He is a cutie. He has not been missing long. His nails are too long (I bet you can hear the clickety on tile/wood) but they are nice smooth points. That is dog who has been indoors and grass, not wandering the streets. He needs a manicure :)
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 14th, 2013, 9:23 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:
image.jpg
Wish I could've taken credit for this one. Bonus snark points for DinK!

Definitely a cute puppy. I so wish I could have a dog. :O3 :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 14th, 2013, 9:25 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Note to stupid defendants: hell really hath no fury like a woman scorned, and if your ex-girlfriend finds out you have a charge of possession of marijuana pending, the prosecutor WILL end up with a screen shot of you with a brick of marijuana in one hand, a baggie of marijuana in the other, and loose marijuana in front of you on top of the digital scales in your lap.

:ymdevil: =)) :9f:

Was this defendant a former UNC football or basketball player? Quite a few of them don't seem especially bright (**cough PJ Hairston**cough). :ymdevil: :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 14th, 2013, 9:26 am

devildeac wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Note to stupid defendants: hell really hath no fury like a woman scorned, and if your ex-girlfriend finds out you have a charge of possession of marijuana pending, the prosecutor WILL end up with a screen shot of you with a brick of marijuana in one hand, a baggie of marijuana in the other, and loose marijuana in front of you on top of the digital scales in your lap.

PJ?
And, as usual, devildeac beats me to the punch. :(( ;) :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 14th, 2013, 9:28 am

bjornolf wrote:We discovered over the summer that Michael has ADHD, which is why he's been having so much trouble in school. They put him on a medicine a few weeks ago, and the difference is night and day. So, this morning, he takes his pill and his sister says "how come you get to take a pill every morning? Why don't I get one?"

His response? "Those are my brain pills. They help me think better. You're just in kindergarten, so you don't need them." :))
Excellent response! That's one to write down and never forget. Will make an excellent story for him when he's all grown up.

It's great that the medicine makes such a difference for him - and for all of you. :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 14th, 2013, 9:35 am

DukieInKansas wrote:AD - I'm heading to Hot Springs, AR for a week. Do you know anything about the area? If so, any suggestions of things to do, see, not miss?
Enjoy lovely Hot Springs! It's been so long since I've been there that I really don't have much in the way of suggestions for things to do. I don't think horse racing is in season, otherwise I'd suggest an afternoon at Oaklawn. That's a common workday destination for many who feel "sick" when racing is in-season. I would recommend touring a bath house if you can. Hot Springs was quite the destination in the 1800s, and there are some gorgeous bath houses. I believe that Bath House Row may be on the National Register of Historic Places. It's definitely part of Hot Springs National Park. There are supposedly lots of good restaurants there. If you're into pulled pork, you need to find some good 'cue. I know there's supposed to be a good place in Hot Springs, but I cannot remember the name. If you happen to see a Whole Hog Cafe, you might try it out. The original location in Little Rock is one of my favorite places to go when I'm in town. :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 14th, 2013, 9:44 am

How odd. Puppy pic is right side up on iPhone and iPad, but upside down on computer. Puppy is right side up in real life.
image.jpg
Let me know how that turns out and in which direction. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » September 14th, 2013, 10:26 am

lawgrad91 wrote:How odd. Puppy pic is right side up on iPhone and iPad, but upside down on computer. Puppy is right side up in real life.
image.jpg
he even knows how to snuggle right side up.
Life is good!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 14th, 2013, 10:36 am

lawgrad91 wrote:How odd. Puppy pic is right side up on iPhone and iPad, but upside down on computer. Puppy is right side up in real life.
image.jpg
I saw it first on my iPhone and it was right side up - didn't understand the ceiling reference. Now, on the desktop, it's upside down and it makes sense! :))

Second picture is right side up on desktop and iPhone! B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 15th, 2013, 9:28 pm

image.jpg
I've had this problem with an avatar pic of my dog on certain websites. Weird, huh?
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » September 15th, 2013, 10:29 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
image.jpg
he even knows how to snuggle right side up.
He's amphibious!
Love, Ima
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 16th, 2013, 8:40 am

Just so we can start working toward 35K posts on this thread, here is 34,000:

:duke:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.