LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Lavabe » August 17th, 2013, 5:22 pm

How long will the A-Rod saga last?
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 17th, 2013, 5:42 pm

Lavabe wrote:How long will the A-Rod saga last?
Forever?
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 17th, 2013, 5:52 pm

Through 4 wins in this year's World Series! B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » August 17th, 2013, 9:07 pm

Yikes, miss a day or two and you miss a whole load of info! Vibes, hugs & hi fives to everyone! :wizard: :ymhug: :-BD
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 18th, 2013, 2:21 pm

Just about time for a menu thread...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 18th, 2013, 9:37 pm

devildeac wrote:Just about time for a menu thread...
You wish! :D :ymdevil:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 18th, 2013, 9:39 pm

To long. #:-s /:)
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 19th, 2013, 5:49 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:
To long. #:-s /:)
We passed that exit months ago.

And remember, it's going to percolate to the surface every year for the next two decades like bad swamp when it's HoF voting time.

Yay.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 22nd, 2013, 10:29 pm

I have been a lifelong 10-2 driver (hands at 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock on the steering wheel). Now I've been told that I should be holding the wheel at 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock.

Must ponder this development. /:)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 22nd, 2013, 11:05 pm

Lavabe wrote:I have been a lifelong 10-2 driver (hands at 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock on the steering wheel). Now I've been told that I should be holding the wheel at 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock.

Must ponder this development. /:)
10 - 2 puts your forearms in front of the air bag. They are recommending 9 - 3 to avoid the air bag potentially causing broken arms. I learned this when one of my sister's kids was diong driver's ed. I have changed my hand position;
Life is good!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 23rd, 2013, 7:45 am

To be sure! At a minimum you can sure sock yourself in the face if that air bag deploys. It happened to my daughter once. I keep reminding the OP, who drives with one hand resting on TOP of the wheel! 8-|
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 23rd, 2013, 7:58 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:To be sure! At a minimum you can sure sock yourself in the face if that air bag deploys. It happened to my daughter once. I keep reminding the OP, who drives with one hand resting on TOP of the wheel! 8-|
Love, Ima
I got hit by the airbag once. Smoke started coming out of the dashboard after the airbag deployed. I panicked because I thought the car was on fire and was going to explode. It was the gunpowder from the airbag.

Also, after the airbags deploy, the car's electrical system switches off and the car isn't drivable until a technician resets the airbags. So, when the clueless policeman ordered me to move my car from the intersection and I told him that I couldn't do it, he asked for my keys and he tried to do it himself. Amazingly, my car wouldn't move for him, either. #-o

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 23rd, 2013, 11:06 am

CathyCA wrote:I got hit by the airbag once. Smoke started coming out of the dashboard after the airbag deployed. I panicked because I thought the car was on fire and was going to explode. It was the gunpowder from the airbag.
Holy @#^!*($&^! There's freakin' gunpowder in my car? Gunpowder AND gasoline? :-o
;) :D
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 23rd, 2013, 12:16 pm

Lavabe wrote:
CathyCA wrote:I got hit by the airbag once. Smoke started coming out of the dashboard after the airbag deployed. I panicked because I thought the car was on fire and was going to explode. It was the gunpowder from the airbag.
Holy @#^!*($&^! There's freakin' gunpowder in my car? Gunpowder AND gasoline? :-o
I know. I was freaking out when I saw the smoke coming out of the dashboard. Actually, the "smoke" is like cornstarch or talcum powder, but the smell of the gunpowder (about the same amount as in a cap gun) is there. When the airbag deploys, it makes a loud bang (like several cap guns firing simultaneously) and the airbag inflates immediately. It also deflates immediately. When I saw the smoke and smelled the gunpowder, I thought the car was getting ready to explode. I must have been in shock. I could hardly get the seatbelt off and I wanted to scream, but I couldn't push the sound out.

I wish someone had told me what the airbag thing was like before I experienced it personally.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 23rd, 2013, 5:58 pm

CathyCA wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
I know. I was freaking out when I saw the smoke coming out of the dashboard. Actually, the "smoke" is like cornstarch or talcum powder, but the smell of the gunpowder (about the same amount as in a cap gun) is there. When the airbag deploys, it makes a loud bang (like several cap guns firing simultaneously) and the airbag inflates immediately. It also deflates immediately. When I saw the smoke and smelled the gunpowder, I thought the car was getting ready to explode. I must have been in shock. I could hardly get the seatbelt off and I wanted to scream, but I couldn't push the sound out.

I wish someone had told me what the airbag thing was like before I experienced it personally.

Will definitely pass this on to teenage daughter who goes for her driving test Monday. :-ss
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 23rd, 2013, 7:46 pm

I love Sisters Day! The only thing better is All Sisters Day. Spent 2 hours kayaking on a local lake, had lunch, and wandered around historic downtown Lee's Summit with one of my sisters. Fun day!
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 23rd, 2013, 9:53 pm

CathyCA wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:To be sure! At a minimum you can sure sock yourself in the face if that air bag deploys. It happened to my daughter once. I keep reminding the OP, who drives with one hand resting on TOP of the wheel! 8-|
Love, Ima
I got hit by the airbag once. Smoke started coming out of the dashboard after the airbag deployed. I panicked because I thought the car was on fire and was going to explode. It was the gunpowder from the airbag.

Also, after the airbags deploy, the car's electrical system switches off and the car isn't drivable until a technician resets the airbags. So, when the clueless policeman ordered me to move my car from the intersection and I told him that I couldn't do it, he asked for my keys and he tried to do it himself. Amazingly, my car wouldn't move for him, either. #-o

Was his name Dumbass (pronounced Doo-MAHSS?) :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 24th, 2013, 12:07 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
Love, Ima

Was his name Dumbass (pronounced Doo-MAHSS?) :9f:
Ha ha! No.

When I was young and lived in Durham, I was friends with Kathy and Teresa Dumas. All I knew was that their dad was a Duke employee. Five years later when I arrived on campus as a student, I learned that their dad was the Director of Public Safety at Duke. And you can guess how everyone referred to Paul Dumas, Director of Public Safety. :law-police:

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 24th, 2013, 8:29 am

Please send vibes for one of my former students and her family. She was walking home last Saturday and was run over by a freight train. She lost her left foot above the ankle. Fortunately she's on the mend, but it could've been much worse. Her husband said on FB that the accident was under investigation due to suspicious circumstances but didn't say any more. :9f: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 24th, 2013, 9:03 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Please send vibes for one of my former students and her family. She was walking home last Saturday and was run over by a freight train. She lost her left foot above the ankle. Fortunately she's on the mend, but it could've been much worse. Her husband said on FB that the accident was under investigation due to suspicious circumstances but didn't say any more. :9f: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray:
Oh my gosh! That's horrible, but I'm glad she survived the incident. Prayers to her and her family!

~ James Naismith