LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » August 8th, 2013, 8:36 pm

DukieInKansas wrote: Don't know about quoting Wizard of Oz but I do like returning home. If he came to Kansas, his "Aunt" DinK would watch out for him.
That's very sweet, DinK!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 8th, 2013, 9:20 pm

"Aunt Dink", that is so sweet. Yup, we are all family. Hugs to all of you. :ymhug: :ymhug:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 8th, 2013, 9:26 pm

OK, MY SHIFT KEY IS BROKE. I CANNOT GET BACK TO THE LOWER CASE. WHAT EVER....YOU ALL WILL JUST HAVE TO BARE WITH ME OR DON'T READ MY POST. WHAT EVER..... 8-| :sigh:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 8th, 2013, 9:28 pm

IF CHRISTIAN GOES TO DUKE, OR NEAR HERE, HE WILL NEED TO HAVE OUR NUMBER. WE WILL BE HERE FOR HIM. :ymhug:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 8th, 2013, 9:39 pm

I'm joining a fantasy football league, the Justice League. One of the public defenders invited me.

I need a cool team name. Any suggestions? :9f: #GTHC is probably an option....
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 8th, 2013, 9:58 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:I'm joining a fantasy football league, the Justice League. One of the public defenders invited me.

"BEST TEAM"
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 8th, 2013, 10:18 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:I'm joining a fantasy football league, the Justice League. One of the public defenders invited me.

You have my blessing to use #GTHc! :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 8th, 2013, 10:22 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:IF CHRISTIAN GOES TO DUKE, OR NEAR HERE, HE WILL NEED TO HAVE OUR NUMBER. WE WILL BE HERE FOR HIM. :ymhug:
Thank you, VDB. I like how you name Duke but don't mention the names of the other school: "or near here." LOL

You are very sweet.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 8th, 2013, 10:24 pm

Do you mean a name for the team or a name for your team to call you?
love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 8th, 2013, 11:10 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Do you mean a name for the team or a name for your team to call you?
love, Ima
A team name. My name on our NASCAR league is lawgradonwheels. There are several attorneys and it may be that everyone is a lawyer so a play on lawgrad probably doesn't work. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » August 9th, 2013, 12:00 pm

ArkieDukie wrote: Meant to mention this earlier, but I taught undergraduate O-Chem in a former life. Organic is to chemistry as geometry is to math. It's got it's own funky sense of logic, but it actually does make sense once you get the hang of it. My advice: work lots of problems, do NOT get behind, and do not choose to simply memorize the material rather than understanding what is going on and why. Since organic chem is such a cumulative subject, stuff you learn the first week of class is still relevant the very last day of class. The light bulb can click on at any point in the course - for me, it was at the beginning of the second semester. I saw that happen a whole lot when I taught, too. So, my last piece of advice would be to keep plugging if it doesn't make sense right off the bat. Okay, I changed my mind: get lots of sleep on the night before an exam. Your brain has got to be working.

Best of luck to Swee'Pea, and be sure to PM me if I can ever offer any helpful advice! :9f:
Arkie - thanks much for the tips. Sister Turk majored in marine biology with a chem minor, and she said much the same thing about not falling behind and working the problems. She also said it was the only class she ever made flash cards for to help her study, and it helped that she thoguht the subject matter was fascinating - learning how stuff works at that level...
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
Turk

Post by Turk » August 9th, 2013, 12:06 pm

CathyCA wrote:W&M is out. So is U of R. Both are 3 hours away.

Campbell is within the 2 hour limit, and UNC-W is about 8 minutes outside of the 2 hour radius, but I'm not telling Christian that! Elon is about 20 minutes outside of the 2 hour radius, but again, I'm not telling!

WFU is 3 hours from here. I wish he would consider it. They'd probably give him preference as an alumni kid if my law degree counts for anything with the college admissions people.

Hmm... Seems to me this radius idea is a bit squishy depending on how heavy your foot is. Didn't people used to brag about getting from Durham to Myrtle in less than 2 hours? :D

Anyway, good luck to Christian - sounds like he will do well no matter where he goes; but I vote for the East Coast...
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 9th, 2013, 2:51 pm

Turk wrote:
CathyCA wrote:W&M is out. So is U of R. Both are 3 hours away.

Campbell is within the 2 hour limit, and UNC-W is about 8 minutes outside of the 2 hour radius, but I'm not telling Christian that! Elon is about 20 minutes outside of the 2 hour radius, but again, I'm not telling!

WFU is 3 hours from here. I wish he would consider it. They'd probably give him preference as an alumni kid if my law degree counts for anything with the college admissions people.

Hmm... Seems to me this radius idea is a bit squishy depending on how heavy your foot is. Didn't people used to brag about getting from Durham to Myrtle in less than 2 hours? :D

Anyway, good luck to Christian - sounds like he will do well no matter where he goes; but I vote for the East Coast...

Thanks, Turk! I vote for the East Coast, too. I wish he'd consider schools up and down the east coast, but he's determined to go to school near home, whether it's his mom's home or his dad's home.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 9th, 2013, 2:53 pm

CarolinaSux?

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 9th, 2013, 8:06 pm

CathyCA wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:IF CHRISTIAN GOES TO DUKE, OR NEAR HERE, HE WILL NEED TO HAVE OUR NUMBER. WE WILL BE HERE FOR HIM. :ymhug:
Thank you, VDB. I like how you name Duke but don't mention the names of the other school: "or near here." LOL

You are very sweet.

I didn't mention the other close schools, only because i hope Christian is in Durham. If he is any where near us, he can depend on us. :ymhug:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 9th, 2013, 8:15 pm

I'm watching the Panthers and Bears. GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 10th, 2013, 4:50 pm

B bought a DVD of Jimmy Buffett called "Scenes You Know By Heart." Basically, it's the CD "Songs You Know By Heart" on concert video.

He decided to make a phone call to one of his church leaders and couldn't quite figure out why I turned it off. Silly me, but I'm not sure "Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw?" is good background music for such a call. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 10th, 2013, 7:30 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:B bought a DVD of Jimmy Buffett called "Scenes You Know By Heart." Basically, it's the CD "Songs You Know By Heart" on concert video.

He decided to make a phone call to one of his church leaders and couldn't quite figure out why I turned it off. Silly me, but I'm not sure "Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw?" is good background music for such a call. :9f:
Hahahahahaha! =)) =)) =))

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 10th, 2013, 9:31 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:OK, MY SHIFT KEY IS BROKE. I CANNOT GET BACK TO THE LOWER CASE. WHAT EVER....YOU ALL WILL JUST HAVE TO BARE WITH ME OR DON'T READ MY POST. WHAT EVER..... 8-| :sigh:
I will not BARE anything with you :ymblushing: .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 10th, 2013, 9:35 pm

CathyCA wrote:

CarolinaSux?

That's the present tense of carolina blue :ymdevil: .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.