LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by devildeac » August 4th, 2013, 10:31 pm

Who the hell is the first name in this line-up (after Registered users, of course ;;) ):

Registered users: Alexa [Bot], devildeac, Ima Facultiwyfe
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 4th, 2013, 10:36 pm

Why can't they think of something more novel to say than "wrong color shirt"? If we've heard than one once, we've heard it a gazillion times.

This reminds me of the time some fool told the OP "It takes a lot of guts to wear that shirt around here." The OP gave him a huge grin and replied, "Yep. It sure does!" :ymsmug:
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 5th, 2013, 7:22 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Road Runner and I hatched up a brilliant plan today. If it works, it could solve a whole range of problems and work out incredibly well for all concerned. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :shhh:

No work this weekend for me! I'm going to go out and play, but I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do. Maybe photography early in the morning. Hopefully all of you have fun plans! :9f:

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

"I love it when a plan comes together VIBES"
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 5th, 2013, 12:33 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Done with the college tour trips... and boy are we tired!!
Hope they all went well! Any favorites? Any place(s) that were ruled out? Y'all have visited some fine academic institutions. :9f:
The best part of the tour at Duke was meeting up with Tilly Galore afterwards. :-BD
The best part of the tour at BU was meeting up with Boston Devil afterwards. :-BD
Did not think of it at the time, but shoot, I could have met up with Miles when visiting Charlotte. :doh:
Hmm... how far away from Pittsburgh is Turk? /:)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » August 5th, 2013, 12:38 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:The Rev. Lawgrad lost his room key yesterday. This is not an unusual occurrence for him; if his head were detachable, he would have left it behind years ago.

At any rate, he went to the front desk of the Cavalier to get a new key. The girl behind the counter noticed his DUKE shirt and said, "ooh, that's the wrong color shirt." He asked, "what is the right color?" and she said, "carolina blue, of course."

He looked at her and said, "if that's such a good color, why is YOUR shirt Duke blue?" (In fact, the Cavalier staff was wearing something along the lines of a royal blue.)

They all laughed, except for the sheep lover, and another girl said, "Oh, no, it isn't Duke blue. It's Kentucky blue."

He said, "Oh, Kentucky. We haven't paid much attention to them since Christian Laettner came along."

(Crickets, and the sound of a room card being generated as fast as possible.)

I think I'll keep him. :duke: :9f:
Way to go Rev LG! :happy-bouncyblue: :-BD :clap: :dance:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 5th, 2013, 1:44 pm

Lavabe wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
Hope they all went well! Any favorites? Any place(s) that were ruled out? Y'all have visited some fine academic institutions. :9f:
The best part of the tour at Duke was meeting up with Tilly Galore afterwards. :-BD
The best part of the tour at BU was meeting up with Boston Devil afterwards. :-BD
Did not think of it at the time, but shoot, I could have met up with Miles when visiting Charlotte. :doh:
Turk is closer to Philly than Pittsburgh, I believe.
Life is good!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 5th, 2013, 2:18 pm

Love the Rev. Lawgrad story..that's awesome.
I just shipped off my painting to Monaco. :happy-bouncyblue:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 5th, 2013, 3:41 pm

Lavabe wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
Shoulda gone to Atlanta. Then you coulda met up with, never mind...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 5th, 2013, 3:58 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Love the Rev. Lawgrad story..that's awesome.
Woo hoo! :happy-bouncyblue: ^:)^ :clap: :-BD
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 5th, 2013, 5:19 pm

devildeac wrote:
Lavabe wrote:The best part of the tour at Duke was meeting up with Tilly Galore afterwards. :-BD
Shoulda gone to Atlanta. Then you coulda met up with, never mind...
Would have rendez-voused at the Folks restaurant in Cobb County. ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 5th, 2013, 5:52 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:The Rev. Lawgrad lost his room key yesterday. This is not an unusual occurrence for him; if his head were detachable, he would have left it behind years ago.

At any rate, he went to the front desk of the Cavalier to get a new key. The girl behind the counter noticed his DUKE shirt and said, "ooh, that's the wrong color shirt." He asked, "what is the right color?" and she said, "carolina blue, of course."

He looked at her and said, "if that's such a good color, why is YOUR shirt Duke blue?" (In fact, the Cavalier staff was wearing something along the lines of a royal blue.)

They all laughed, except for the sheep lover, and another girl said, "Oh, no, it isn't Duke blue. It's Kentucky blue."

He said, "Oh, Kentucky. We haven't paid much attention to them since Christian Laettner came along."

:greetings-clappingyellow: :greetings-clappingyellow: :greetings-clappingyellow: :greetings-clappingyellow: :greetings-clappingyellow:

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 5th, 2013, 5:54 pm

Lavabe wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
Maybe sometime you and ILJ could do the CTN tour. B-)

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 5th, 2013, 8:21 pm

A fun Monday it was! Today was my first caffeine-free (and meatless) Monday. I actually had a tofu dish for lunch that was so good I ate the leftovers for supper. :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 5th, 2013, 8:23 pm

Lavabe wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
Sounds like you had fine folks to visit at almost every stop. Is there going to be a St. Louis trip for the college tour? It would give you a fine excuse for trips to Ted Drewes, Schafly's, and Blueberry Hill. :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 5th, 2013, 8:25 pm

windsor wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Road Runner and I hatched up a brilliant plan today. If it works, it could solve a whole range of problems and work out incredibly well for all concerned. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :shhh:

No work this weekend for me! I'm going to go out and play, but I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do. Maybe photography early in the morning. Hopefully all of you have fun plans! :9f:

Thanks! All systems go for one participant. Further strategizing to come this week. It will take careful navigation of political waters, and that's all I'll say for now. Interesting times ahead. :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 5th, 2013, 8:26 pm

CathyCA wrote:

:greetings-clappingyellow: :greetings-clappingyellow: :greetings-clappingyellow: :greetings-clappingyellow: :greetings-clappingyellow:

I'll second CathyCA's post! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 5th, 2013, 8:28 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Love the Rev. Lawgrad story..that's awesome.
It's so cool that your work is going to Monaco! Someone there has fine taste in art. :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 5th, 2013, 8:36 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
windsor wrote:

Thanks! All systems go for one participant. Further strategizing to come this week. It will take careful navigation of political waters, and that's all I'll say for now. Interesting times ahead. :9f:
Vibes for it to work and solve some things! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 6th, 2013, 6:14 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Sounds like you had fine folks to visit at almost every stop. Is there going to be a St. Louis trip for the college tour? It would give you a fine excuse for trips to Ted Drewes, Schafly's, and Blueberry Hill. :9f:
WashU was last summer. That went a little better than did the Duke tour, but mostly because of the Hill, Ted Drewes, and one of my former students ( who babysat LL, and is now an Anthro prof there).
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » August 6th, 2013, 11:33 am

Lavabe wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
Alas, Turk has set up shop in the wrong end of the Commonwealth outside of Philly (Mrs. Turk doesn't think this is so bad), a mere 4 hrs or so from the ancestral (?) Turk roost. Am just up the road from Villanova, and know a little bit about St. Joe's and the other Philly Big 5 schools if they ever wind up on anyone's list. (Are you still keeping an eye on Ursinus, CathyCA?). Swee'Pea is liking Pitt very much; she kicked butt her first year and landed with a good group of kids in her dorm. This year she takes on O-Chem, which I understand is what separates the pre-med pretenders from the contenders. I am about as objective as Dookie V here, but I'll take the kid and give the points.

Looking forward to hearing how the Lavabe clan works through the selection process...
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."