LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » July 31st, 2013, 10:26 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:I got a 60 inch flat screen TV this week. I also got a BlueRay player and a surround sound system.

I feel like I have re-joined the 21st century. I had the flat screen TV and surround sound system before my divorce. I've never had a BlueRay player before. This is fun.

:9f:
Congrats! Enjoy your new purchases. :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Thank you. I need to learn how to hook the components to the TV.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 31st, 2013, 10:28 pm

windsor wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:Our grandson, Kyle, as many of you know, has a prosthetic leg. His insurance will not pay for a new one for over 2 years. He works part time teaching gymnastics, that's where it happened, jumping on a trampoline. He is in the process of filling worksmans comp. One paragraph said wc would pick up AFTER his insurance. I don't believe that's the way wc works. It also states, it will be their option to decide what is eligible. We don't see how he could sign this. He knows he might have to go to an wc attorney but doesn't want too at this point. Kyle is going back to school this fall and is very frugal. Any advice?
As it turns out, the boss thought he had wc but does not. Hopefully, his liability insurance will cover. :(

Comp is not, in most states OPTIONAL.
We do know if insurance doesn't pay, the boss will have to pay out of his pocket. We are hoping insurance will pay but I really don't think they will because it is wc. The business is fairly new. it would be tough for the boss but Kyle doesn't need the cost. It's the boss's mistake. The part of his prosthetic that needs replacing is at least 3500. The boss understands he is responsibility. I hope Kyle will have a replacement soon. He as about 2 weeks before he returns to school. Kyle depends on this joy. Some how, it's going to work out. Kyle is going to be fine.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » July 31st, 2013, 10:50 pm

Gosh this is rough on everybody concerned, isn't it. Does he have a good relationship with his boss? It's a sticky situation. We're keeping positive thoughts and vibing away for everybody. If this had happened on a jet ski and he was a member of a football team, fans would be coming out of the woodwork to help him. It's not fair. Just sayin'.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 1st, 2013, 12:43 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I had quite the day today. Found out first thing this morning that my manuscript with Road Runner and BarMinion (the one where Road Runner and I did the work and I share first authorship with BarMinion) was accepted for publication. It went live this afternoon on the journal's website. Then, Road Runner and I got our big manuscript uploaded. Now the review process begins. I also found out that I'm going to be giving a talk at a mini-symposium that we're going to be hosting in October.

Got my evaluation from The Boss today. Straight "meets expectations". That is the middle-of-the-road mark. It's like making all C's. Annoying but not surprising, really, since Wile E. Coyote has convinced The Boss that I don't know what I'm doing. (MacGyver got confirmation of this in a conversation with The Boss. MacGyver couldn't convince him otherwise.) Based on this, I expect either no raise or something very minimal. With that being said, I have a job and am thankful for that. There are lots of unemployed people out there who would love to have something, anything.
Congratulations on the publications and upcoming presentation. That's terrific. The Boss should figure out, when you get published and WEC doesn't that he is backing the wrong person. Hang in there!
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 1st, 2013, 9:32 pm

It's quiet in here tonight.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » August 2nd, 2013, 2:06 pm

Tax Free Shopping Weekend in North Carolina!!!! Take advantage of the savings this weekend!!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 2nd, 2013, 7:30 pm

Done with the college tour trips... and boy are we tired!!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 2nd, 2013, 8:16 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Does Native or Rolvix do Duke Tours for the admissions Office? I thought one of the two did tours, but I may be mistaken.
Native enjoys doing them when he can, though not officially. He hated turning down the job but something had to go. His enthusiasm for Duke is infectious. I can't speak for him. He has a lot of projects going right now but, PM him. He'd do it if he can work it in.

Love, Ima
Too late. We had the. worst. tour. ever.
:Boo:
Would still like to discuss with Native.

Well maybe it wasn't the worst, but it was NOT good. Have PM'd Native. Hopefully we'll chat.
Last edited by Lavabe on August 2nd, 2013, 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 2nd, 2013, 8:19 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I had quite the day today. Found out first thing this morning that my manuscript with Road Runner and BarMinion (the one where Road Runner and I did the work and I share first authorship with BarMinion) was accepted for publication. It went live this afternoon on the journal's website. Then, Road Runner and I got our big manuscript uploaded. Now the review process begins. I also found out that I'm going to be giving a talk at a mini-symposium that we're going to be hosting in October.

Got my evaluation from The Boss today. Straight "meets expectations". That is the middle-of-the-road mark. It's like making all C's. Annoying but not surprising, really, since Wile E. Coyote has convinced The Boss that I don't know what I'm doing. (MacGyver got confirmation of this in a conversation with The Boss. MacGyver couldn't convince him otherwise.) Based on this, I expect either no raise or something very minimal. With that being said, I have a job and am thankful for that. There are lots of unemployed people out there who would love to have something, anything.
Congratulations on the publications and upcoming presentation. That's terrific. The Boss should figure out, when you get published and WEC doesn't that he is backing the wrong person. Hang in there!
AD, I've been remiss in congratulating you, girl!!! Been a little involved around here again. This news is really fun to hear! Congrats! It's such a mine field out there! I'm reminded of what I heard the OP tell an employer he was consulting for one time at dinner. He said "My job is to make you look good." He was sincere, because he believed that. But, it doesn't hurt to have your boss know that you know that.

Upward and onward!!!!! Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 2nd, 2013, 9:10 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:

AD, I've been remiss in congratulating you, girl!!! Been a little involved around here again. This news is really fun to hear! Congrats! It's such a mine field out there! I'm reminded of what I heard the OP tell an employer he was consulting for one time at dinner. He said "My job is to make you look good." He was sincere, because he believed that. But, it doesn't hurt to have your boss know that you know that.

Upward and onward!!!!! Love, Ima
No worries, Ima. You've had lots of far more important things to worry about. Speaking of which, fresh round of vibes to you and yours! How's everyone doing? :ymhug: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :wizard:

I honestly do believe that my job is to make my boss look good. It's just how I was raised. I always run into problems with my notion of making my boss look good being very different from my boss' notion of my making him look good. (Does that make sense?) :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 2nd, 2013, 9:13 pm

Road Runner and I hatched up a brilliant plan today. If it works, it could solve a whole range of problems and work out incredibly well for all concerned. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :shhh:

No work this weekend for me! I'm going to go out and play, but I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do. Maybe photography early in the morning. Hopefully all of you have fun plans! :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 2nd, 2013, 10:07 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Gosh this is rough on everybody concerned, isn't it. Does he have a good relationship with his boss? It's a sticky situation. We're keeping positive thoughts and vibing away for everybody. If this had happened on a jet ski and he was a member of a football team, fans would be coming out of the woodwork to help him. It's not fair. Just sayin'.
Love, Ima
Kyle does have a good relationship with him. Kyle is still working. His boss really feels bad for Kyle. The parents and the students really like Kyle. He's very good for the business. He's a fine young man, if I do say so myself.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 2nd, 2013, 10:17 pm

Lavabe wrote:Done with the college tour trips... and boy are we tired!!
Hope they all went well! Any favorites? Any place(s) that were ruled out? Y'all have visited some fine academic institutions. :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 2nd, 2013, 10:21 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Road Runner and I hatched up a brilliant plan today. If it works, it could solve a whole range of problems and work out incredibly well for all concerned. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :shhh:

No work this weekend for me! I'm going to go out and play, but I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do. Maybe photography early in the morning. Hopefully all of you have fun plans! :9f:
Your more than deserve a fun weekend. Congratulations on the paper!! What ever the plan is, I hope it works.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 2nd, 2013, 11:15 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Gosh this is rough on everybody concerned, isn't it. Does he have a good relationship with his boss? It's a sticky situation. We're keeping positive thoughts and vibing away for everybody. If this had happened on a jet ski and he was a member of a football team, fans would be coming out of the woodwork to help him. It's not fair. Just sayin'.
Love, Ima
Kyle does have a good relationship with him. Kyle is still working. His boss really feels bad for Kyle. The parents and the students really like Kyle. He's very good for the business. He's a fine young man, if I do say so myself.
I love Kyle! He is such a good kid. I hope his boss does the right thing.

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 3rd, 2013, 9:53 am

I went out this morning to take pictures at the nature preserve. Made the mistake of forgetting the mosquito spray. Won't do that again. As it turns out, aside from being a bird sanctuary, it's also a mosquito sancturary. They really chewed me up. Didn't stay out very long. :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 4th, 2013, 7:38 pm

The Rev. Lawgrad lost his room key yesterday. This is not an unusual occurrence for him; if his head were detachable, he would have left it behind years ago.

At any rate, he went to the front desk of the Cavalier to get a new key. The girl behind the counter noticed his DUKE shirt and said, "ooh, that's the wrong color shirt." He asked, "what is the right color?" and she said, "carolina blue, of course."

He looked at her and said, "if that's such a good color, why is YOUR shirt Duke blue?" (In fact, the Cavalier staff was wearing something along the lines of a royal blue.)

They all laughed, except for the sheep lover, and another girl said, "Oh, no, it isn't Duke blue. It's Kentucky blue."

He said, "Oh, Kentucky. We haven't paid much attention to them since Christian Laettner came along."

(Crickets, and the sound of a room card being generated as fast as possible.)

I think I'll keep him. :duke: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 4th, 2013, 8:07 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:The Rev. Lawgrad lost his room key yesterday. This is not an unusual occurrence for him; if his head were detachable, he would have left it behind years ago.

At any rate, he went to the front desk of the Cavalier to get a new key. The girl behind the counter noticed his DUKE shirt and said, "ooh, that's the wrong color shirt." He asked, "what is the right color?" and she said, "carolina blue, of course."

He looked at her and said, "if that's such a good color, why is YOUR shirt Duke blue?" (In fact, the Cavalier staff was wearing something along the lines of a royal blue.)

They all laughed, except for the sheep lover, and another girl said, "Oh, no, it isn't Duke blue. It's Kentucky blue."

He said, "Oh, Kentucky. We haven't paid much attention to them since Christian Laettner came along."

Mega ZPORKZ to the Rev! :9f: :9f: :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 4th, 2013, 8:39 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:The Rev. Lawgrad lost his room key yesterday. This is not an unusual occurrence for him; if his head were detachable, he would have left it behind years ago.

Good job RLG!!!! I'm proud of you. :)) =))
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 4th, 2013, 9:55 pm

Keeping him is a very good idea. You have a gem.
Life is good!