LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by ArkieDukie » July 12th, 2013, 7:51 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Exlax doesn't have a prayer, bless his unsuspecting heart.
Love, Ima
:ymdevil: :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 12th, 2013, 7:54 pm

I heard something today that has me very worried. A little birdie told me that The Boss doesn't think I know what I'm doing. This confirms my long-held suspicions, and I believe I have Wile E. Coyote to thank. Now I must decide what to do with this information. My gut says that it's not a good idea to stick around if you don't have the backing of your boss, who happens to be the department chair. Having the support of other faculty members doesn't help in such a situation. :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 12th, 2013, 10:25 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I heard something today that has me very worried. A little birdie told me that The Boss doesn't think I know what I'm doing. This confirms my long-held suspicions, and I believe I have Wile E. Coyote to thank. Now I must decide what to do with this information. My gut says that it's not a good idea to stick around if you don't have the backing of your boss, who happens to be the department chair. Having the support of other faculty members doesn't help in such a situation. :9f:
I'd give WEC a little bit longer to prove himself wrong to the boss. You continue to do the stellar job you do - and WEC will screw up.

Do you know how often and how many times WEC has changed jobs? My guess is his incompetence becomes noticable and he is encouraged to leave.
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 12th, 2013, 10:34 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I heard something today that has me very worried. A little birdie told me that The Boss doesn't think I know what I'm doing. This confirms my long-held suspicions, and I believe I have Wile E. Coyote to thank. Now I must decide what to do with this information. My gut says that it's not a good idea to stick around if you don't have the backing of your boss, who happens to be the department chair. Having the support of other faculty members doesn't help in such a situation. :9f:
I'd give WEC a little bit longer to prove himself wrong to the boss. You continue to do the stellar job you do - and WEC will screw up.

Do you know how often and how many times WEC has changed jobs? My guess is his incompetence becomes noticable and he is encouraged to leave.
Well, he's here b/c he was being denied tenure at his former institution. He worked with The Boss there, who allegedly hired him from another local institution in that area. One wonders if "hired away" was a bail-out b/c he couldn't cut it. Unfortunately, this is his 2nd (!) stint with The Boss, who as of yet has not figured out that WEC is some village's missing idiot. :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 12th, 2013, 11:04 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:

Well, he's here b/c he was being denied tenure at his former institution. He worked with The Boss there, who allegedly hired him from another local institution in that area. One wonders if "hired away" was a bail-out b/c he couldn't cut it. Unfortunately, this is his 2nd (!) stint with The Boss, who as of yet has not figured out that WEC is some village's missing idiot. :9f:
Ah - but The Boss hasn't had you to measure against WEC. You can only make him look bad - without even trying.

Starting the mental shin kicks to WEC so that he will stumble and show his true colors - or lack there of - to The Boss.
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 13th, 2013, 8:18 am

Even more importantly, The Boss hasn't had Road Runner and MacGyver to measure Wile E. Coyote against. At some point soon, one or both of them will break and go off on WEC. In terms of knowledge, both of them can - and will - crush him like a bug.

We had a departmental faculty meeting yesterday in which we discussed our shared goals as developed by The Boss. The ones that caused the most discussion were the requirements to publish with colleagues and to put unfunded colleagues on NIH grants as co-investigators. We have a few people who can't get funding, including WEC, mostly because they are so behind the times. One of them them honestly tries; I cannot comment about the quality if her work work because it's so far outside my area of expertise. The Boss tried to force MacGyver to work with a second; he refused. This person now works with Wile E, and it's a match made in heaven. All of us (MacGyver, Road Runner, and I) are treading carefully in order to avoid being forced to work with WEC.

I'm in the worst position. If I dare say anything about not having an instrument to use, The Boss will immediately make me collaborate with WEC. The only person with a suitable instrument for my work is Road Runner, and it runs 24/7 with her samples. In fact, my collaborators have to pay around $100 per sample for analysis to be performed in the core facility. If any of them complain about this to The Boss, he will bring WEC into the mix. I'm choosing to keep my mouth shut.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 13th, 2013, 12:03 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Hell hath no fury like the friends of a Mother seeking proper support for a child from an ex!

:happy-cheerleaderkid:

Doesn't she seem happy as she kicks?
My friends are the best!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 15th, 2013, 10:11 am

Fashion tip (and ChipSlate, you missed this guy):

When going to court, the better fashion option is to leave the "if you see the police, warn a brother" t-shirt in the closet or the pile on the floor. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » July 15th, 2013, 10:45 am

Unc hires Ivory Latta as Asst coach.

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- Former North Carolina All-American Ivory Latta is now a women's assistant coach for the Tar Heels.

The school has hired Latta to replace Trisha Stafford-Odom, who left in May to become head coach at NAIA Concordia-Irvine in California. Latta led UNC to consecutive Final Fours in 2006 and 2007 along with three straight Atlantic Coast Conference tournament championships. She graduated as the program's all-time leading scorer with 2,285 points.

Latta also owns the ACC record with 345 career 3-pointers, and the school's record for career 3-point and free-throw percentage.

She plays for the WNBA's Washington Mystics.

Head coach Sylvia Hatchell says Latta has "expanded her knowledge of the game" playing professionally in the WNBA and overseas, which will help in coaching and recruiting.

Latta called it "a dream come true."
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 15th, 2013, 10:58 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Fashion tip (and ChipSlate, you missed this guy):

When going to court, the better fashion option is to leave the "if you see the police, warn a brother" t-shirt in the closet or the pile on the floor. :9f:
L-)

=)) =)) =))
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » July 15th, 2013, 11:15 am

Jenny McCarthy will be filling one of the open slots on the Daytime Talk show, The View.......... just announced.

Done deal: Jenny McCarthy is joining The View.

The comedian-actress will fill one of the open slots on ABC’s popular daytime talk show this fall.

Longtime The View fans already have some sense of what she’s like on the panel. McCarthy, has made 17 previous appearances on the show, including eight as a guest co-host. For months the media has speculated that McCarthy is likely to fill a vacancy on the show.

The View saw the departure of longtime co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck last week to Fox News, while Joy Behar will leave next month. Founding co-host Barbara Walters has announced she will leave the show next summer, but will remain on the show as a producer.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 15th, 2013, 12:36 pm

This is for lawgrad and CathyCA :ymdevil:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/strang ... 6679.story

This guy is probably a refuge from the Varnish Zone! =))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » July 15th, 2013, 12:56 pm

you lawyers have all the fun! How do you ever keep a straight face in court? :-\
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 15th, 2013, 2:08 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:This is for lawgrad and CathyCA :ymdevil:

=)) =)) =)) :)) :)) :)) :ymdevil:

The public defender just snorted in court. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 15th, 2013, 2:30 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:This is for lawgrad and CathyCA :ymdevil:

Or he escaped from Pitt County.

:9f:

~ James Naismith
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » July 15th, 2013, 5:12 pm

DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:Jenny McCarthy will be filling one of the open slots on the Daytime Talk show, The View.......... just announced.

The comedian-actress will fill one of the open slots on ABC’s popular daytime talk show this fall.

Longtime The View fans already have some sense of what she’s like on the panel. McCarthy, has made 17 previous appearances on the show, including eight as a guest co-host. For months the media has speculated that McCarthy is likely to fill a vacancy on the show.

The View saw the departure of longtime co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck last week to Fox News, while Joy Behar will leave next month. Founding co-host Barbara Walters has announced she will leave the show next summer, but will remain on the show as a producer.
There are two things I can't stand to watch/listen to. One is that pack of women all arguing and yelling over each other at the same time and the other is the radio sport/talk shows where the guys yell the same things over and over into the mike incessantly. Why does everybody have to YELLLLLLL!? Most of their opinions aren't worth the price of a cup of coffee anyway, bless their egocentric hearts.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » July 15th, 2013, 6:32 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:
DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:Jenny McCarthy will be filling one of the open slots on the Daytime Talk show, The View.......... just announced.

There are two things I can't stand to watch/listen to. One is that pack of women all arguing and yelling over each other at the same time and the other is the radio sport/talk shows where the guys yell the same things over and over into the mike incessantly. Why does everybody have to YELLLLLLL!? Most of their opinions aren't worth the price of a cup of coffee anyway, bless their egocentric hearts.
Love, Ima

I love you, Ima! You're the best!

DukieInKansas
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 15th, 2013, 8:02 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:

Love, Ima

I love you, Ima! You're the best!

DukieInKansas
What DinK said. :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 15th, 2013, 8:03 pm

CathyCA wrote:

L-)

=)) =)) =))
I'll second what CathyCA said. :9f:

Maybe someone should find one of these for PJ Hairston? It would make quite a fashion statement for his upcoming court date. :ymdevil: :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 15th, 2013, 9:07 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:

Love, Ima
I'm with you ladies. I never watch those shows.