Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by devildeac » June 11th, 2013, 8:43 am

windsor wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Some Eye Candy for the Ladies

This guy won his 8th French Open title this weekend.

I will see your Ladies' eye candy, and raise you eye candy for EVERYONE....
BACON.jpg
I'll call:

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/i ... t&y=Search

Too many images to try and post.

Game over.

:ymblushing: =p~
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 11th, 2013, 10:04 am

windsor wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:

BACON.jpg
Rafa is very handsome, but bacon is HOT! :flame:
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 11th, 2013, 6:00 pm

Good enough to post in two locations:

http://www.bing.com/search?q=hitler%2C+ ... 5&sp=1&sk=
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 11th, 2013, 11:13 pm

devildeac wrote:
windsor wrote: I will see your Ladies' eye candy, and raise you eye candy for EVERYONE....
BACON.jpg
I'll call:

Game over.

Okay, how crazie is it that my mind works like devildeac's? Chocolate-covered bacon is the first thing I thought of when I saw windsor's post. :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 11th, 2013, 11:36 pm

I had an interesting day of revelations today. I'm attending a huge professional conference this week and, for once, PH(former)B is not here. I have had the opportunity to chat with several former colleagues, though, and that's always fun. One of my big revelations came during a chat with a colleague at my former job. Apparently PHB was challenged on a particular issue at a seminar (was reporting data at 5% false discovery rate instead of the standard 1% false discovery rate). My friend actually challenged PHB on this issue. Flash forward a few months, to another meeting: PHB gave the exact same talk as he had given at meeting #1. There was only one minor change: the slide that had said 5% FDR at the first meeting said 1% FDR at the second meeting. All of the other numbers were the same - in other words, he was reporting the exact same results (the 5% FDR results) but had changed the slide to make it appear that he was using the more correct (and more stringent) cutoffs. :-o Yep - my friend caught PHB outright in committing fraud. Kinda puts a whole new slant on the "interesting dilemma" thread, doesn't it? I now know for certain that PHB also has no issue whatsoever in lying about data when it's expedient to do so. This makes it more likely that he was complicit with my old friend The Minion on the infamous manuscript. The jury is still out on whether Pushy PI was involved as well.

Now for the second revelation: another former colleague and I went to a seminar that was an update on the big cancer project that PHB is involved in. He, like me, was a senior level person who left for greener pastures after being hosed by PHB. He, too, was involved in helping put together the grant. In listening to the seminar, we noticed something very interesting: none of the sample analysis or final data analysis was performed in PHB's lab. The sample prep, however, was. My former colleagues at the technician level prepped samples that were then sent out to other labs in the consortium to be analyzed. That's when it hit me: PHB was brought into the grant for his access to some fairly precious samples, NOT for any expertise that he has - especially since he no longer has any senior-level people who are actually qualified to do any work relating to the cancer grant. In Microsoft terms, PHB was bought for spare parts. =))
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » June 12th, 2013, 6:22 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Finally Shane Battier is on the court.
He's been getting junk minutes for the most part. What hurts for me being here in San Antonio has been the play of former Tarhole, Danny Green. Of all the Tarholes, he is way up on the list of those I truly dislike.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 12th, 2013, 6:25 am

I buy lots of spare parts for my Pontiac cars.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 12th, 2013, 6:29 am

windsor wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:

BACON.jpg
I have many vegan friends...it goes unmentioned. (It being meat, dairy and otherwise animal derived products. I don't discuss their possession of vehicles with leather interiors.)
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » June 12th, 2013, 7:39 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I :-o Yep - my friend caught PHB outright in committing fraud. Kinda puts a whole new slant on the "interesting dilemma" thread, doesn't it? I now know for certain that PHB also has no issue whatsoever in lying about data when it's expedient to do so. This makes it more likely that he was complicit with my old friend The Minion on the infamous manuscript. The jury is still out on whether Pushy PI was involved as well.

Thought shalt NOT return to your old job. Ever. Not Ever. Doing work that doesn't excite you is far better than being painted with the FRAUD brush. That kind of crap reflects on each and every person in the lab, and they are assumed complicit.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » June 12th, 2013, 8:03 am

windsor wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I :-o Yep - my friend caught PHB outright in committing fraud. Kinda puts a whole new slant on the "interesting dilemma" thread, doesn't it? I now know for certain that PHB also has no issue whatsoever in lying about data when it's expedient to do so. This makes it more likely that he was complicit with my old friend The Minion on the infamous manuscript. The jury is still out on whether Pushy PI was involved as well.

Thought shalt NOT return to your old job. Ever. Not Ever. Doing work that doesn't excite you is far better than being painted with the FRAUD brush. That kind of crap reflects on each and every person in the lab, and they are assumed complicit.
At least you are on record as having gone to the Academic Integrity folks. Having said that, I would go three steps further than windsor... don't phone the old job folks, don't email them, don't go near them.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 12th, 2013, 10:03 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Finally Shane Battier is on the court.
He's been getting junk minutes for the most part. What hurts for me being here in San Antonio has been the play of former Tarhole, Danny Green. Of all the Tarholes, he is way up on the list of those I truly dislike.
Same here. There are some sheep about whom I would have a "meh" attitude about their winning a ring. Green is NOT one of them. :9f:

I didn't watch much of last night's proceedings (when **== Panama soccer kicked off, our TV turned). Did Shane play anything other than scrub minutes? Has Spo forgotten that Shane does LOTS of things on the court that neither Ray Allen nor Mike Miller do? Like play defense and hustle? If the Spurs are dropping 100+, perhaps a little defense would be in order, even if Shane's shot has gone away.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » June 12th, 2013, 11:19 am

At the risk of sounding elitist (oh, what the hell) I just can't imagine how Shane stands associating with the likes of so many of the jerks in the NBA. Who do Grant and people like him ever have interesting conversations with? Do you think they spend time together away from the court? Do they have ANYthing in common? It must get old going to the office every day.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 12th, 2013, 11:58 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:At the risk of sounding elitist (oh, what the hell) I just can't imagine how Shane stands associating with the likes of so many of the jerks in the NBA. Who do Grant and people like him ever have interesting conversations with? Do you think they spend time together away from the court? Do they have ANYthing in common? It must get old going to the office every day.
Love, Ima
He dulls his senses with a mountain of Bud Light before he engages in conversation with them! :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 12th, 2013, 1:20 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
devildeac wrote:
windsor wrote: I will see your Ladies' eye candy, and raise you eye candy for EVERYONE....
BACON.jpg
I'll call:

Game over.

Okay, how crazie is it that my mind works like devildeac's? Chocolate-covered bacon is the first thing I thought of when I saw windsor's post. :9f:
Great minds...

Same birthday...
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » June 12th, 2013, 4:54 pm

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH! :(( :-l :ymsigh: ~x( :angry-screaming:
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » June 12th, 2013, 4:55 pm

Just having one of those days where you feel like you should have a sign around your neck warning people away. Not sure if I want to scream, cry, curl into a ball, or what. I wish I were two and could throw a tantrum.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » June 12th, 2013, 4:56 pm

We really need a tantrum smilie.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

No identifiable reason for feeling this way - just do.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

A little bit of PWing does help.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » June 12th, 2013, 4:57 pm

Reading about the unc athletic/academic mess helps.
Life is good!