LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by ArkieDukie » May 4th, 2013, 10:31 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Bragging aunt alert:

Nephew Alex graduated from Penn State School of Engineering last night - with high distinction! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Congrats to Nephew Alex!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 5th, 2013, 12:25 am

Nephew Alex graduated from Penn State School of Engineering last night - with high distinction! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
YAY!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 5th, 2013, 8:44 am

Congratulations to dink's nephew. Bragging rights are good!! :happy-bouncyblue:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 5th, 2013, 9:08 am

One of my nieces had a dance recital yesterday, which I missed for only the 2nd time ever (am instead going to oldest niece's college graduation in a couple of weeks). Last night several family members texted pictures of their plates from my favorite barbecue restaurant in Little Rock. Meanies. If you're ever in Arkansas (especially Little Rock) and spot a Whole Hog Cafe, you should try it out. They have incredibly good pulled pork, and each table has a selection of 6 different barbecue sauces for said pulled pork. I hearatily endorse their potato salad as well; it's the style that's made to be like a loaded baked potato. :9f:

It was the first time my older sister had eaten at Whole Hog. She liked it so well that she stole one of their glasses. 8-|
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » May 5th, 2013, 12:55 pm

I possess three new bagged stacks of 20oz plastic cups, emblazoned with old logos from Fuzzy's BarBQue restaurant. Also, just for the coolness of it, one of the old, original barstools from the original location, circa 1952. It's original vinyl seat covering is all in one piece. :@)
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 5th, 2013, 1:24 pm

captmojo wrote:I possess three new bagged stacks of 20oz plastic cups, emblazoned with old logos from Fuzzy's BarBQue restaurant. Also, just for the coolness of it, one of the old, original barstools from the original location, circa 1952. It's original vinyl seat covering is all in one piece. :@)
Cool! I loved Fuzzy's, back in the day.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 5th, 2013, 2:40 pm

Life Lesson:

A person leading a life of crime should NEVER have stylized bullet holes tattooed on his/her chest.

Said person leading a life of crime should also NEVER have "WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE" tattooed across his/her chest.

Thank you. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » May 5th, 2013, 2:45 pm

Way to go! :clap: :-BD :dance:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 5th, 2013, 5:37 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
captmojo wrote:I possess three new bagged stacks of 20oz plastic cups, emblazoned with old logos from Fuzzy's BarBQue restaurant. Also, just for the coolness of it, one of the old, original barstools from the original location, circa 1952. It's original vinyl seat covering is all in one piece. :@)
Did Fuzzy's go out of business? :-o
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 5th, 2013, 8:29 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Life Lesson:

A person leading a life of crime should NEVER have stylized bullet holes tattooed on his/her chest.

Said person leading a life of crime should also NEVER have "WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE" tattooed across his/her chest.

What do the bullet holes represent?

I'd imagine that the "Wanted: Dead or Alive" might save some ink on when the FBI puts said person leading a life of crime on its most wanted list. :))

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 5th, 2013, 10:34 pm

CathyCA wrote:

I'd imagine that the "Wanted: Dead or Alive" might save some ink on when the FBI puts said person leading a life of crime on its most wanted list. :))

Apparently the bullet hole tats went along with the "Wanted: Dead or Alive" tat. They were the size of a .22 bullet hole. The ME's investigator couldn't find the actual bullet hole and apparently wondered why Mr. Wanted was in the morgue.

Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 5th, 2013, 10:35 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:
Did Fuzzy's go out of business? :-o
Fuzzy's has changed hands a couple of times recently. I had heard the family had bought back the catering business but not the restaurant.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 5th, 2013, 11:20 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

Apparently the bullet hole tats went along with the "Wanted: Dead or Alive" tat. They were the size of a .22 bullet hole. The ME's investigator couldn't find the actual bullet hole and apparently wondered why Mr. Wanted was in the morgue.

He was in the morgue? As in non-prosecutable?

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 6th, 2013, 11:22 am

CathyCA wrote:

:9f:[/quote]

He's the victim. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 6th, 2013, 12:45 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

He's the victim. :9f:[/quote]

Oh my goodness! If he's the victim, what kind of person shot him? The defendant probably thinks he was doing society a favor.

Sounds gang-related.

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 6th, 2013, 2:19 pm

Defendant and his girlfriend won $20K in the lottery. Victim beat up defendant, apparently intending to take his cocaine and meth, but forgot to take it with him, so the police got it. Victim decided to settle the score and showed up at defendant's home with a rusty .22 with one bullet in it. Defendant had a knife and a set of brass knuckles.

Both defendant and victim have records as long as Rodney Hood's arms. Victim was about to be charged with stealing metal guttering off local churches and selling it for scrap. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » May 6th, 2013, 2:33 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Defendant and his girlfriend won $20K in the lottery. Victim beat up defendant, apparently intending to take his cocaine and meth, but forgot to take it with him, so the police got it. Victim decided to settle the score and showed up at defendant's home with a rusty .22 with one bullet in it. Defendant had a knife and a set of brass knuckles.

Both defendant and victim have records as long as Rodney Hood's arms. Victim was about to be charged with stealing metal guttering off local churches and selling it for scrap. :9f:

OMG

All of the lawyers on this forum, need to compile their stories from the courtroom and write a book!!!! Or script it!!! A NEW REALITY SHOW!
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » May 6th, 2013, 5:28 pm

You lawyers have all the fun! :D
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 7th, 2013, 12:33 pm

PHB is having a colonoscopy today. I wonder if they will locate his brain. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 7th, 2013, 2:26 pm

Dear Job Applicant:

I make it my business to proofread your resume. When you put "East Carolina University, Raleigh, North Carolina" at the top of the page, I'm not reading any further.

If you don't know what town your university was located in, I don't want you to work in my office, which, interestingly, is located in Greenville, North Carolina, home of the East Carolina University Pirates.

Best of luck to you in your future endeavors,

Cathy

~ James Naismith