LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » April 23rd, 2013, 2:36 pm

Did anyone else receive Spam email from Cathy?

It was in my personal email, not this website.

Subject "View my Google docs"

I did not click on the link. Deleted it.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 23rd, 2013, 4:45 pm

http://cbssports.tumblr.com/post/487022 ... usic-video

Don't look now, but it's the Trackstreet Boys. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 23rd, 2013, 5:15 pm

devildeac wrote:[quote="Very Duke Blue"

Glad your alive. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
A classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wURUin2j8FU[/quote]

Bravo!!! :Clap:
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » April 23rd, 2013, 6:52 pm

I did not.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 23rd, 2013, 7:49 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:We are supposed to get some snow in the mix today. Doesn't Mother Nature know that it is April 23rd? Snow should not even be mentioned on this date.
High tomorrow in Galveston is supposed to be an unseasonably low 60 degrees. No snow, though, so that's a plus.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 23rd, 2013, 8:04 pm

windsor wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:AD - the next stage of As the Bunsen Burns is no good without pictures of said blown gasket. :D
I probably will not witness it myself. Poor Road Runner will be the one who has to deal with it. In the past, Bar Minion has been known to add herself as a co first author. She pulled this stunt on the grad student who was originally assigned to the project that our current manuscript describes. It's something I will have to watch for. Being the typical taker, BM will suck up to Road Runner and convince her that she should be first author. I seriously don't think it will fly, but I could be wrong.

That calls for pre-emptive strike, by hoping outloud and with great concern that BM is not so distressed that there is a repeat of the what happended with the current manuscript.
I don't think I have to worry about it. Unless I have totally misread Road Runner, she's on to Bar Minion. Besides, RR knows what happened with the current manuscript: Bar Minion is first author and did not do anywhere near as much work as I did. It also helps that Road Runner is not really narcissistic. If Bar Minion worked for Pushy PI (pictured in the dictionary under narcissist) the situation would be completely different. BM is easily as much a sycophant as The Minion.

BM didn't add herself as first author on this paper. She made herself first author for a poster that the former grad student was supposed to be presenting. BM effectively got the grad student kicked out of Road Runner's group and then took over the project.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 23rd, 2013, 8:56 pm

DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:Did anyone else receive Spam email from Cathy?

Yes. She was hacked. CB&B has remedied her hack. B-) :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » April 24th, 2013, 7:20 am

That's effin' crazie.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » April 24th, 2013, 12:42 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Ozzie, I am talking about my Personal Email account...... that is NOT related to this website!!!!
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » April 24th, 2013, 12:45 pm

GOUT

Emmitt Smith has had GOUT for 3 years. I think he will be doing a PSA for the 8 million people that suffer with GOUT, also. Which is a form of arthritis. Emmitt took alot of hits in the NFL, but looked smooth as glass on Dancing with the Stars, in Fall 2006.

He was just on WRAL, via New York talking about Gout, and going to the doctor, and getting on medication to relieve the pain of GOUT. Such a good man!!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 24th, 2013, 2:13 pm

Our Circuit Court judge was a defendant in court this morning for going 50 in a 25mph school zone.

The clerk had to get a judge from Richmond and the prosecutor came from the county north of the Varnish Zone, White Lightning County.

Also in a guest defendant role was the son of the General District Court judge, for 73/55.

:9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » April 24th, 2013, 2:18 pm

So .... were the visiting dignitaries kind to their counterparts? Or did they shove the book at 'em?
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 24th, 2013, 6:50 pm

Not sure. I wasn't in court at the time, and we aren't supposed to ask. It's considered bad etiquette, for some reason.

In 24 hours it will be posted on the court's website, and I'll find out then. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 24th, 2013, 8:23 pm

Well, I had a fun day. The Boss called me in and told me that he has put me in charge of a project that one of his postdocs has been trying to get working for the past year. He said specifically that I will be held accountable if the method is not up and running within 2 weeks. This is the same project that I tried to work with the postdoc on several times before (once shortly after Wile E. Coyote joined our institution), and he has yet to listen to anything I tell him. Keep in mind here that I have 2 publications on a method relating to the one they're trying to get online - one of them is in The New England Journal of Medicine. I did some of the initial work on the current method (on the instrumentation part), but the postdoc took things over before I had a chance to finish all of my work - on The Boss' orders. He's doing things in a completely convoluted manner and argues any time I suggest a change. So, basically, my fate now rests on the work of someone who's doing things incorrectly and won't listen to anything I say when I try to fix it. Moreover, I wanted to make one of the necessary method changes today and The Boss vetoed it. Yes, I am annoyed and frustrated.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 24th, 2013, 9:24 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Well, I had a fun day. The Boss called me in and told me that he has put me in charge of a project that one of his postdocs has been trying to get working for the past year. He said specifically that I will be held accountable if the method is not up and running within 2 weeks. This is the same project that I tried to work with the postdoc on several times before (once shortly after Wile E. Coyote joined our institution), and he has yet to listen to anything I tell him. Keep in mind here that I have 2 publications on a method relating to the one they're trying to get online - one of them is in The New England Journal of Medicine. I did some of the initial work on the current method (on the instrumentation part), but the postdoc took things over before I had a chance to finish all of my work - on The Boss' orders. He's doing things in a completely convoluted manner and argues any time I suggest a change. So, basically, my fate now rests on the work of someone who's doing things incorrectly and won't listen to anything I say when I try to fix it. Moreover, I wanted to make one of the necessary method changes today and The Boss vetoed it. Yes, I am annoyed and frustrated.
Why don't/can't you tell the boss "You've put me in charge of this project, and holding me accountable, because I know what I'm doing. I need to do this the way I know it can be done, without interference/contradiction from others who don't (including you...)."?
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 25th, 2013, 2:10 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Well, I had a fun day. The Boss called me in and told me that he has put me in charge of a project that one of his postdocs has been trying to get working for the past year. He said specifically that I will be held accountable if the method is not up and running within 2 weeks. This is the same project that I tried to work with the postdoc on several times before (once shortly after Wile E. Coyote joined our institution), and he has yet to listen to anything I tell him. Keep in mind here that I have 2 publications on a method relating to the one they're trying to get online - one of them is in The New England Journal of Medicine. I did some of the initial work on the current method (on the instrumentation part), but the postdoc took things over before I had a chance to finish all of my work - on The Boss' orders. He's doing things in a completely convoluted manner and argues any time I suggest a change. So, basically, my fate now rests on the work of someone who's doing things incorrectly and won't listen to anything I say when I try to fix it. Moreover, I wanted to make one of the necessary method changes today and The Boss vetoed it. Yes, I am annoyed and frustrated.
Pointy-toed shin kicks to The Boss. You are supposed to do in two weeks what the (apparent pet) postdoc hasn't been able to do in a year? X(
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 25th, 2013, 8:09 am

DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Ozzie, I am talking about my Personal Email account...... that is NOT related to this website!!!!
That is the email that I helped Cathy with. I am a multi-tasker....
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » April 25th, 2013, 8:45 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Why don't/can't you tell the boss "You've put me in charge of this project, and holding me accountable, because I know what I'm doing. I need to do this the way I know it can be done, without interference/contradiction from others who don't (including you...)."?
Yeah, right! :ymapplause:
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » April 25th, 2013, 10:24 am

This is what old ladies do with their time....make hats for a Kentucky Derby Party! Amazing what you can do with a glue gun and some trash!
Attachments
image.jpg
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 25th, 2013, 12:30 pm

IowaDevil wrote:This is what old ladies do with their time....make hats for a Kentucky Derby Party! Amazing what you can do with a glue gun and some trash!
Cool! :happy-bouncyblue: (hey, wait, you aren't an old lady!)
Iron Duke #1471997.