LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukieInKansas » April 19th, 2013, 12:45 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:Count me in on the bail collection. What does he hope to accomplish? Even though I didn't sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night, I still know that an attorney turning over client files is not going to happen.
I'm not sure what he intends to accomplish, other than for me to show my steely resolve not to disclose any information related to the representation.

If you can't send bail money, just come to visit me at the detention center! And bring chocolate!

:9f:
I can supply you with chocolate. The nearby Lindt chocolate shop is going out of business ( :(( ). Prices were marked down to 75% off. Let's just say I stocked up. :9f:
I have a stash of Lindt truffles, also. They may be nearing their expiration date - so I better come soon. Do you have to be in the detention center?
Life is good!
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » April 19th, 2013, 1:03 pm

Many vibes to Schatzi pup. Cathy, I'll come visit you in jail and bring a Legally Blonde basket of Cosmo, loofa, lotion and nice girly stuff :D! AD, they better look out now that you totally have their MOs!! If it weren't so freaking cold, I would love to live in Sweden with the matchers!!
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » April 19th, 2013, 4:35 pm

CathyCA wrote:I had something happen today that has never happened before.

I represented a client in a family law matter. She fired me several months ago. Today, her husband's attorney sent a private process server to my office who personally served me with a subpoena duces tecum. In the subpoena, the attorney requested my ENTIRE client file from my representation of this former client.

Who wants to watch me go to jail? Because that is what is going to happen before I turn over one piece of paper belonging to my former client to her husband's attorney.

Count me in for a part of that bail! :happy-bouncyblue:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » April 19th, 2013, 4:41 pm

Thanks for the Schatzi vibes! She's barking thanks herself this afternoon and has been eating us out of anything we'll give her! Think she's on the mend! :)
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 20th, 2013, 9:05 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Chapter 5 features CJ Skender and Reggie Love. :9f:
So many of my friends took CJ's accounting class at Duke. His wife, Mary Anne Skender, was my dental hygienist for YEARS. She is such a lovely lady.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 20th, 2013, 9:13 am

DukieInKansas wrote: I have a stash of Lindt truffles, also. They may be nearing their expiration date - so I better come soon. Do you have to be in the detention center?
Yes, if I'm locked up, it's going to be at the detention center. Chocolate will make the experience much more bearable.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 20th, 2013, 9:14 am

IowaDevil wrote:Thanks for the Schatzi vibes! She's barking thanks herself this afternoon and has been eating us out of anything we'll give her! Think she's on the mend! :)
Hooray! Go Schatzi! Merlin and Sasha send more vibes, and a few Milkbones too! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :O3 :O3 :O3
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 20th, 2013, 9:16 am

DukePA wrote:Many vibes to Schatzi pup. Cathy, I'll come visit you in jail and bring a Legally Blonde basket of Cosmo, loofa, lotion and nice girly stuff :D! AD, they better look out now that you totally have their MOs!! If it weren't so freaking cold, I would love to live in Sweden with the matchers!!
Ooh! A theme basket! So cool! Thank you, DukePA!

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 20th, 2013, 9:16 am

IowaDevil wrote:
CathyCA wrote:I had something happen today that has never happened before.

I represented a client in a family law matter. She fired me several months ago. Today, her husband's attorney sent a private process server to my office who personally served me with a subpoena duces tecum. In the subpoena, the attorney requested my ENTIRE client file from my representation of this former client.

Who wants to watch me go to jail? Because that is what is going to happen before I turn over one piece of paper belonging to my former client to her husband's attorney.

Count me in for a part of that bail! :happy-bouncyblue:
Thanks, ID!

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 20th, 2013, 9:19 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:He's messin' with the wrong lawyer! Just send him one of these =)) .
Love, Ima
He's going to learn. . .

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 20th, 2013, 9:25 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:Count me in on the bail collection. What does he hope to accomplish? Even though I didn't sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night, I still know that an attorney turning over client files is not going to happen.
I'm not sure what he intends to accomplish, other than for me to show my steely resolve not to disclose any information related to the representation.

If you can't send bail money, just come to visit me at the detention center! And bring chocolate!

I can supply you with chocolate. The nearby Lindt chocolate shop is going out of business ( :(( ). Prices were marked down to 75% off. Let's just say I stocked up. :9f:
YUM! I prefer their assorted truffle collection.

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 20th, 2013, 10:12 am

CathyCA wrote:
So many of my friends took CJ's accounting class at Duke. His wife, Mary Anne Skender, was my dental hygienist for YEARS. She is such a lovely lady.

Is that who you/your dentist bought the MSG game tickets for a couple of years ago ? :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » April 20th, 2013, 12:10 pm

Hope everyone is okay in NC, after the tornado watch for most of yesterday afternoon/evening!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 20th, 2013, 1:16 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

Is that who you/your dentist bought the MSG game tickets for a couple of years ago ? :9f:
No. Mary Anne was my hygienist for YEARS more than 25 years ago.

My current dentist, Randy Fussell, a double Carolina grad, is the guy who bought the MSG game tickets, along with hotel and plane fare, for his dental assistant, Kathy Goodson.

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 20th, 2013, 5:09 pm

Some may go for truffles, I went the other direction today: funnel cake.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » April 20th, 2013, 9:01 pm

CathyCA wrote:

That did it. I was telling the OP about this book and when I mentioned CJ was featured he asked me to download the Kindle version onto his ipad. He thinks a lot of his colleague, C.J., and wants to read what's there. Thanks for the heads up.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 21st, 2013, 4:59 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Some may go for truffles, I went the other direction today: funnel cake.
If she is in the detention center, shoukdn't that be tunnel cake?
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 21st, 2013, 8:01 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Some may go for truffles, I went the other direction today: funnel cake.
If she is in the detention center, shoukdn't that be tunnel cake?
YUM! Funnel cake! Tunnel cake? So long as it's cake!

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 21st, 2013, 2:02 pm

I posted a link OY with a map locating all the breweries in NC. Wonder if I'll get a PM because that violates their PG-13 rule? 8-|
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 21st, 2013, 2:41 pm

devildeac wrote:I posted a link OY with a map locating all the breweries in NC. Wonder if I'll get a PM because that violates their PG-13 rule? 8-|
:naughty:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.