LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Lavabe » July 18th, 2009, 7:08 pm

wilson wrote:
wilson wrote:Well, the archive is closed today, and I was going to sit on the beach and drink Kronenbourg in honor of Bastille Day. But as of right now, it's rather gray, and this afternoon's forecast calls for thunderstorms. So, for now, I'm just interwebbing and watching the Cosby Show. Maybe I'll storm a prison later on.
Question re: Kronenbourg: I distinctly recall it being the cheap stuff in France (I drank it on plenty a Friday afternoon as a 15 year-old :-o ). But here, it clocks in just south of nine bucks for a six-pack.
Does this mean that Busch Light qualifies as premium brew in Europe?
Do they still make Busch Light?

What's the difference between Bud Light and Busch Light? NOTE: I can just hear devildeac clicking his keyboard as I type this.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 18th, 2009, 7:15 pm

Right now, the French TV channel is showing a rerun of COLUMBO, dubbed in French.

FWIW, Madagascar TV here in Antsiranana has been knocked out of power the last five days. I am left to watch what the hotel owners watch (they feed it to all the TVs in the hotel). The worst thing to watch are the French dubbed programs from Disney Channel (Hannah Montana, Zack & Cody, Corey, Sonny, Jonas Bros, Totally Spies, etc...).

What's worse: Hannah Montana, or the French teenager doing the French version of a Hannah Montana song? :-o
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 18th, 2009, 7:19 pm

I just saw where the lead actor in Les Experts (CSI: Miami), David Caruso, is a star in France.

First Mickey Rourke, now David Caruso.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » July 18th, 2009, 7:33 pm

Lavabe wrote:I just saw where the lead actor in Les Experts (CSI: Miami), David Caruso, is a star in France.

What about Jerry Lewis?
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » July 18th, 2009, 9:12 pm

Coffee? I say, "Would you like a cup of tea?"
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 18th, 2009, 9:53 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:If anyone is interested, we blogged about the trip: http://lumcyouthreveal.blogspot.com/
Did you ever find Bob and Larry?
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 18th, 2009, 9:57 pm

DukieInKansas wrote: I saw that (or most of it last night). It was ok but I wouldn't mind having my $6.50 back. Only went because most of the youth group wanted to go. I had to leave early to get another early leaver back to the church before it locked so we could get the rest of the group into the building.
Have you been a fan of the other movies? And if so are you a fan of the books? I've never read the books, but have loved the movies, and the rest of my family are happy readers/viewers.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 18th, 2009, 11:22 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote: I saw that (or most of it last night). It was ok but I wouldn't mind having my $6.50 back. Only went because most of the youth group wanted to go. I had to leave early to get another early leaver back to the church before it locked so we could get the rest of the group into the building.
Have you been a fan of the other movies? And if so are you a fan of the books? I've never read the books, but have loved the movies, and the rest of my family are happy readers/viewers.
I have seen the first one and read some of the books. I liked the first movie and enjoyed the books that I read. Another adult that viewed the movie has liked the others but thought this one was more fluff and lacking action. My view may have been colored by the fact that I listened to teens discussing the movie and whether/when/where we were going to see it.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 18th, 2009, 11:24 pm

CathyCA wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:If anyone is interested, we blogged about the trip: http://lumcyouthreveal.blogspot.com/
Did you ever find Bob and Larry?
Sadly, Mac has not recovered Bob and Larry as of yet. That is not to say that they won't appear at some time in the future.

One of the songs that was used as an alarm clock during the week was the Veggie Tales song - Where Is My Hairbrush? We would sing the song changing "is my hairbrush" to "are Bob & Larry". The adults in the group got many chuckles out of it.
Life is good!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 19th, 2009, 8:48 am

That certainly sounds like an awesome experience.
I worship the Blue Devil!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 19th, 2009, 8:52 am

Lavabe wrote:
wilson wrote:
wilson wrote:Well, the archive is closed today, and I was going to sit on the beach and drink Kronenbourg in honor of Bastille Day. But as of right now, it's rather gray, and this afternoon's forecast calls for thunderstorms. So, for now, I'm just interwebbing and watching the Cosby Show. Maybe I'll storm a prison later on.
Question re: Kronenbourg: I distinctly recall it being the cheap stuff in France (I drank it on plenty a Friday afternoon as a 15 year-old :-o ). But here, it clocks in just south of nine bucks for a six-pack.
Does this mean that Busch Light qualifies as premium brew in Europe?
Do they still make Busch Light?

What's the difference between Bud Light and Busch Light? NOTE: I can just hear devildeac clicking his keyboard as I type this.
Ooh, I missed this. :oops: :roll:

A: bushlite is a cheaper, even less "tasty" version of budlite? IDK... :roll: :oops:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 19th, 2009, 9:44 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
Lavabe wrote:I just saw where the lead actor in Les Experts (CSI: Miami), David Caruso, is a star in France.

What about Jerry Lewis?
And Miles Davis...
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 19th, 2009, 9:49 am

La-va-bay, La-va-bay, La-va-bay!

Not enough random name chants here...
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 19th, 2009, 9:55 am

YmoBeThere wrote:La-va-bay, La-va-bay, La-va-bay!

Not enough random name chants here...
I wonder if the French like any NASCAR drivers ... I mean, besides the Sacha Baron Cohen character in Talladega Nights.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 19th, 2009, 9:59 am

I still haven't seen that film...
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 19th, 2009, 10:23 am

YmoBeThere wrote:I still haven't seen that film...
Given that there's no racing this weekend, watch it today. Watch it after you've had a Busch Lite or a Perrier.

It's a silly movie... but worth a watch.
Cheers,
Lavabe
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 19th, 2009, 10:34 am

YmoBeThere wrote:

What about Jerry Lewis?
Apparently, the French like Green Day and the Black-Eyed Peas, as yesterday I saw interviews with both groups on Canal +.

But do they like Smoke, JJ, Denny Hamlin, and Carl Edwards?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 19th, 2009, 2:40 pm

Went off surf-fishing by myself this morning. They were biting alot, but not hooking. In 4 hours I caught the grand total of one fish. But that grand total is more than anyone else out there had, so I felt nice and smug. Here's me and tonight's dinner. (3.5 lb black drum) For a black drum that's small. For what I'm used to catching, it's big.
MyFish.jpg
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » July 19th, 2009, 4:10 pm

That's the best size for good grillin'!
Nice job.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » July 19th, 2009, 4:59 pm

I'm at work today. :(