LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by bjornolf » April 9th, 2013, 6:52 pm

:wizard: to Ryan Kelly for his impending foot surgery.

http://sports.chronicleblogs.com/2013/0 ... ight-foot/
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 9th, 2013, 8:09 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Note to would-be criminals: if it looks like a cop and wants to buy drugs and/or guns from you, it's probably a cop. The cop doesn't have to tell you the truth when you ask, "are you a cop?" and it isn't somehow illegal for him/her to lie. L-) :9f:
Did Jethro try to buy drugs and/or guns from a cop?
Jethro, the future chief law enforcement officer for Varnish Zone County, has expired license plates. Or perhaps, like the last several years, he is too lazy to put the updated year stickers on his tags for some months. He got pissed beyond all recognition last year when one of our coworkers needled him about it. Anyway, his tags have been expired since April Fool's Day, and unlike North Carolina, there is no grace period in Virginia. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 9th, 2013, 8:16 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Note to would-be criminals: if it looks like a cop and wants to buy drugs and/or guns from you, it's probably a cop. The cop doesn't have to tell you the truth when you ask, "are you a cop?" and it isn't somehow illegal for him/her to lie. L-) :9f:
I spent my afternoon watching buy videos and listening to a jailhouse phone call from Stupid Defendant, who told his mama, "I asked him if he was a cop, he said no. I didn't know he was a cop when I sold him that gun and Daddy's pills. That ought to be illegal for him to lie to me." Mama said: "you know you weren't supposed to have that gun, you're a felon," and he replied, "I thought I was doing the right thing, selling it to that guy."

For good measure, I have lovely pictures of him holding a variety of guns from his Facebook and MySpace pages. :9f:

I hope he will be away for more than 1363 days.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 9th, 2013, 10:11 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
Jethro, the future chief law enforcement officer for Varnish Zone County, has expired license plates. Or perhaps, like the last several years, he is too lazy to put the updated year stickers on his tags for some months. He got pissed beyond all recognition last year when one of our coworkers needled him about it. Anyway, his tags have been expired since April Fool's Day, and unlike North Carolina, there is no grace period in Virginia. :9f:
=)) =)) =)) So, should someone make an anonymous call to someone and get Jethro in trouble? :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:

It seems as though time and date stamped photos of Jethro's car with expired tags might make good campaign fodder for someone. :-
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 9th, 2013, 10:13 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
I spent my afternoon watching buy videos and listening to a jailhouse phone call from Stupid Defendant, who told his mama, "I asked him if he was a cop, he said no. I didn't know he was a cop when I sold him that gun and Daddy's pills. That ought to be illegal for him to lie to me." Mama said: "you know you weren't supposed to have that gun, you're a felon," and he replied, "I thought I was doing the right thing, selling it to that guy."

For good measure, I have lovely pictures of him holding a variety of guns from his Facebook and MySpace pages. :9f:

I hope he will be away for more than 1363 days.
This guy sounds like another chapter for the book that you and CathyCA are writing in order to help bankroll your retirement.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 9th, 2013, 10:44 pm

bjornolf wrote::wizard: to Ryan Kelly for his impending foot surgery.

http://sports.chronicleblogs.com/2013/0 ... ight-foot/
Somehow, this news really doesn't surprise me, but thanks for the link!
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 9th, 2013, 10:45 pm

Lavabe wrote:
devildeac wrote:<300.
Are you having a celebration once you hit 12,500 posts on CTN?
[-(
I'm thinking a promotion. A celebration would accompany that quite nicely, I think.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 9th, 2013, 11:11 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
windsor wrote:Holy Crapola. PHB is a scum sucking bottom dweller...with no balls at all.
The only reason to NOT to tell the lawyers who have more experience/seniority than Jethro (on a count of he "grad-ge-ated" the sixth grade... Only took three years) is because PHB knew he was screwing them and did not have the stones to face them. His gamble was that in a public forum they wouldn't react. He was right.

That sucks long and hard. I will interested in hearing what Randy the Genius and MP have to say about all this.

I would be ice freakin' cold to Jethro and PHB..professional but ice freakin' cold. The time to reel out rope has begun.

so is PHB solely responsible for naming/hiring his replacement? Is there a formal process?

So begins the new series "As the Gavel Drops".....
MP is pissed beyond all recognition. Haven't talked to RTG yet.

Like the Jethro reference. I say we go with lawyer Jethro.

Since things haven't sucked enough already, Mom called at 7 am to let me know she would be in the hospital this evening, if her stomach issues didn't get under control. It would get me out of the office, at least. :9f:

Lawyer Jethro is at the Martinsville Speedway this morning with his volunteer fire department, of which he is captain. Smh.
Sorry to hear about your mother. Haven't read to the end of the thread yet - I hope she is doing better.

My contribution to name that character: LY Ken (LY+Local Yokel)
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 10th, 2013, 3:35 pm

Bwahahahaha!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 10th, 2013, 3:36 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
How about a photo text to the local newspaper?

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 10th, 2013, 4:37 pm

I found out yesterday, the air is not working. X( It's the one we had replaced last year. We were patient with the air guy. Before he was able to install the new one in May, he got sick with West Nile. It took forever for him to get well. We didn't need air before it was complete. I called him yesterday when I discovered it wasn't working, around 10:30 AM. He said he would be here today. So far, I haven't heard from him. grrrrr I called him about 30 min. ago and left a vm. We have been a customer for years. I'm just about done. If he doesn't get here soon, I will be calling someone else and will send him the bill.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 10th, 2013, 6:38 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:I found out yesterday, the air is not working. X( It's the one we had replaced last year. We were patient with the air guy. Before he was able to install the new one in May, he got sick with West Nile. It took forever for him to get well. We didn't need air before it was complete. I called him yesterday when I discovered it wasn't working, around 10:30 AM. He said he would be here today. So far, I haven't heard from him. grrrrr I called him about 30 min. ago and left a vm. We have been a customer for years. I'm just about done. If he doesn't get here soon, I will be calling someone else and will send him the bill.
Shin kicks to the air guy. If you don't hear from him, are you going to report him to Better Business Bureau?
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 10th, 2013, 6:42 pm

Well, if I have learned anything within the last couple of days, I have learned that I was correct in not contacting Old Boss about a job. I sent him an email to ask his opinion about something I'm working on; it's an analysis he does quite frequently. We'll say that I asked a question on a 12th grade level, just for the sake of argument. His reply was at about the 5th grade level. Dude still doesn't think I know anything at all. I'm not sure he will ever realize that I have a brain. :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 10th, 2013, 9:29 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:I found out yesterday, the air is not working. X( It's the one we had replaced last year. We were patient with the air guy. Before he was able to install the new one in May, he got sick with West Nile. It took forever for him to get well. We didn't need air before it was complete. I called him yesterday when I discovered it wasn't working, around 10:30 AM. He said he would be here today. So far, I haven't heard from him. grrrrr I called him about 30 min. ago and left a vm. We have been a customer for years. I'm just about done. If he doesn't get here soon, I will be calling someone else and will send him the bill.
Shin kicks to the air guy. If you don't hear from him, are you going to report him to Better Business Bureau?
He did show up. Said there was a wire connection that wasn't right and he may it might be his fault. I told him "it sure wasn't my fault". He got it fixed and we now have air. Thank goodness.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 10th, 2013, 9:56 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
He did show up. Said there was a wire connection that wasn't right and he may it might be his fault. I told him "it sure wasn't my fault". He got it fixed and we now have air. Thank goodness.
Glad you got the air working. But it sounds like it is time for you to find "someone new" next time you need service or another new unit. :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 10th, 2013, 10:02 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:He did show up. Said there was a wire connection that wasn't right and he may it might be his fault. I told him "it sure wasn't my fault". He got it fixed and we now have air. Thank goodness.
So who did he blame the faulty wire connection on? Gremlins? Fans of the other blue? :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 10th, 2013, 10:09 pm

Mom called and complained she was tired and sore.

Turns out she decided there was too much wax buildup on the kitchen floor and she decided to remove the wax herself. :-o
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 10th, 2013, 10:11 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Mom called and complained she was tired and sore.

Turns out she decided there was too much wax buildup on the kitchen floor and she decided to remove the wax herself. :-o
All I can say is this: I admire her spunk.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 10th, 2013, 10:14 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Mom called and complained she was tired and sore.

Don't they make a kitchen floor cleaner to take care of waxy buildup? Or is that a furniture polish? Yeah, it is a furniture polish. Never mind. :Think:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 11th, 2013, 7:19 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:
Glad you got the air working. But it sounds like it is time for you to find "someone new" next time you need service or another new unit. :9f:
Ozzie, that is the plan.