LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukePA » January 23rd, 2013, 6:57 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I really want to skip choir practice tonight to watch the game. I can claim low-grade fever, and I just feel cruddy. Dare I do it?
I say stay home. I think your choir buddies will appreciate not being exposed to the crud. GO DUKE!!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 23rd, 2013, 9:23 pm

Well that sucked.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » January 23rd, 2013, 9:34 pm

I missed most of it due to work and other issues. I guess I didn't miss much.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 23rd, 2013, 10:04 pm

I missed it. I went to choir, and I thought the Tivo season pass would record it, but apparently SOMEONE made American Idol a higher priority than Duke Basketball on my Tivo.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 23rd, 2013, 10:05 pm

It was a good game to miss.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 23rd, 2013, 10:23 pm

It was not fun. I wish I had missed it. :( :duke:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 23rd, 2013, 10:31 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Well that sucked.
QFE #-o :ymtongue: :veryconfused: :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » January 24th, 2013, 7:10 am

Mid to high 70's is the forecast for today. The tough Texas winter continues.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 24th, 2013, 10:35 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Mid to high 70's is the forecast for today. The tough Texas winter continues.

=)) :occasion-snowman: =))

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 24th, 2013, 10:38 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Mid to high 70's is the forecast for today. The tough Texas winter continues.
I feel your pain, YMO. Well, if I could feel my fingers, I would feel your pain.

Actually, it was 30 when we walked the dogs this morning, twelve degrees warmer than yesterday. I was overdressed in my sweatshirt and vest. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
bluebutton
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by bluebutton » January 24th, 2013, 3:15 pm

Currently, 77.5 here says weather.com.

The hot weather is making me grumpy. It's January!!!

Then again, it's 3 dgr in Boston where my UNC sister-in-law is, so I shouldn't complain.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 24th, 2013, 3:31 pm

CathyCA wrote:I missed it. I went to choir, and I thought the Tivo season pass would record it, but apparently SOMEONE made American Idol a higher priority than Duke Basketball on my Tivo.

My DVR did record it so I watched the entire game after choir last night. It was like watching a train wreck - or rubbernecking on the highway to see the accident. Not sure why I didn't quit watching. I hope the team remembers this feeling for the rest of the games this season and does everything possible to avoid feeling this again. Rematch should be interesting.
Life is good!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 24th, 2013, 8:05 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I'm eligible for an upgrade and have a iPhone 4. Am thinking of upgrading to iPhone 5. Do any of you have experience with the iPhone 5? If so, what are your thoughts?
According to the ChangeWave stock newsletter member survey, of which I am a member, 75% of iPhone 5 owners are extremely satisfied, another 22% are very satisfied. That's 97% of users. No other cell phone, smart or otherwise, comes close to that level of owner satisfaction. I wish I had one instead of the Motorola I got last April.
I went ahead with the upgrade. Am setting everything up. So far, so good. It's amazing how much lighter it is than my old phone. So far I'm a fan. Biggest complaint in online reviews has been related to battery life, but it doesn't sound like it's that different from what I've experienced with the iPhone 4. The big benefit is lots of improvements over the 4. I have Siri now! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

The old iPhone will likely go to my almost 2-yr-old niece. She likes to play games on her parents' phones, so it will be good for her to have a toy of her very own. My brother-in-law, in particular, has all sorts of educational games on his phone for keeping her entertained. The battery life on my phone is still okay, but the menu button was starting to get a little cranky. Should be just fine for entertaining a toddler.
Weelllll, this morning when I got dressed I put on a nice warm flannel shirt, and it has chest pockets on it, which I like. And I put my Droid Bionic in the chest pocket, as I like to do. Later in the morning when I went to pick up something, which happened to be sitting on a brick patio in my den, the phone fell out of my shirt pocket. And landed on its corner when it hit the brick. When I picked it up, the glass screen was cracked like a spider web :( . The phone still worked, but the cracked screen glass was sharp, so I put a plastic screen protector over it so I wouldn't cut my finger touching the screen. My SIL said he could replace the glass (he's done a few laptop screen replacements). Looked on line for replacement glass and found several sites, even a video a guy had made on how to get the thing apart and the glass off. Doable, but quite involved. And it would take a few days to get the glass and then he'd have to work it into his homework schedule... I went over to a local, independent cell phone store here in Smithfield to see if I had any other options, thinking no, since I am not eligible for an upgrade until this time 2014. But I have other numbers on my account, and my mother's phone was eligible for an upgrade (and has been for a year or so - she's not getting a new phone anytime soon). So they said I could use that upgrade, they'd then switch the numbers around so her phone still worked, AND, I'd be able to keep my unlimited data plan! I looked at the iPhone 5 and the Samsung Galaxy S3, the top two phones today. I really liked the Samsung phone, it's screen was considerably larger than the iPhone's. But after recommending the iPhone 5 to so many people, including AD above, I just knew that I'd be forever remorseful if I didn't get one myself. So I am now the proud owner of an iPhone 5, and I may be the only Verizon customer in the country who has one with an unlimited data plan at the $30/month rate! :D B-) Shhh! :shhh: Don't tell them!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 24th, 2013, 9:01 pm

Way to go, Ozzie! Welcome to the Dark Side. You have many friends here. :duke: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 24th, 2013, 9:06 pm

Since my week was sucking so badly, just one more happy occurrence is par for the course.

My mom called today. She lives about 5 hours from me, in Chesapeake, VA. She has been having back and hip issues, and today she fell in front of a store and broke her left wrist. Also blackened both eyes, busted her lip, and got three stitches in her head. She is 82 and lives alone, and I think we need to make some decisions pretty soon.

So if you have prayers and vibes and good thoughts you can send in Mom of Lawgrad's direction, I would be most grateful. :sigh: :(
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » January 24th, 2013, 9:28 pm

Prayers, hugs & vibes to LG Mom! This really has been an ugly week for you! Sorry - it has to get better!
:pray: :ymhug: :wizard:

Ozzie, your project now is to convince the Old Ref he should switch to an iPhone! He won't listen to me! :D
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 24th, 2013, 9:36 pm

ID, my old Droid had severe battery issues. The power drained like water through a sieve, and the battery got too hot and expanded so that I couldn't use the screen until I replaced the battery. THAT is what the Old Ref has to look forward to.

What does he use his phone for? Is it just a phone, or does he use apps, take/look at pictures, etc.? :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 24th, 2013, 9:44 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Since my week was sucking so badly, just one more happy occurrence is par for the course.

My mom called today. She lives about 5 hours from me, in Chesapeake, VA. She has been having back and hip issues, and today she fell in front of a store and broke her left wrist. Also blackened both eyes, busted her lip, and got three stitches in her head. She is 82 and lives alone, and I think we need to make some decisions pretty soon.

So if you have prayers and vibes and good thoughts you can send in Mom of Lawgrad's direction, I would be most grateful. :sigh: :(
I'm praying for your Mama Bear's swift recovery.

(((HUGS)))

~ James Naismith
DukePA

Post by DukePA » January 24th, 2013, 10:12 pm

Many vibes, prayers, hugs, and much love to LG and LG mom. Hang in there. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 24th, 2013, 10:39 pm

LG, hugs and prayers for your mom and you. Hang in. Things will get better. :ymhug: :YMPRAY: