LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 16th, 2013, 3:09 pm

I'm really gonna miss this weather. Especially on Saturday, when I'm going sailing in a race. They guy we bought our boat from needs crew and asked us to go; Julie declined but I said yes since I want to learn what the hell we are supposed to do once we get our boat in the water.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 16th, 2013, 9:55 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I'm really gonna miss this weather. Especially on Saturday, when I'm going sailing in a race. They guy we bought our boat from needs crew and asked us to go; Julie declined but I said yes since I want to learn what the hell we are supposed to do once we get our boat in the water.
You are going to have sooooooooooooooo much fun!!!

(We don't have a sailboat smiley?)

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » January 16th, 2013, 10:05 pm

CathyCA wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:I'm really gonna miss this weather. Especially on Saturday, when I'm going sailing in a race. They guy we bought our boat from needs crew and asked us to go; Julie declined but I said yes since I want to learn what the hell we are supposed to do once we get our boat in the water.
You are going to have sooooooooooooooo much fun!!!

(We don't have a sailboat smiley?)

:9f:
You could always go with :Pirate: or :AR!
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 17th, 2013, 1:52 pm

The hallway debate is whether we can communicate with dead relatives, and whether or not places can be haunted. :angelic-yellow: :BooGhost:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 17th, 2013, 4:30 pm

We're not going to the game tonight. Our grandson, Kyle is taking one of the wrestlers (Orange High). They are excited. LGD :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 17th, 2013, 4:32 pm

You will have a lot of fun. Don't fall in :D .
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » January 17th, 2013, 6:35 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:The hallway debate is whether we can communicate with dead relatives, and whether or not places can be haunted. :angelic-yellow: :BooGhost:
And the answer is????????
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » January 17th, 2013, 6:43 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:We're not going to the game tonight. Our grandson, Kyle is taking one of the wrestlers (Orange High). They are excited. LGD :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Let's hope they see a spectacular performance ..... especially from Sheed! Go Duke!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 17th, 2013, 8:23 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:We're not going to the game tonight. Our grandson, Kyle is taking one of the wrestlers (Orange High). They are excited. LGD :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Let's hope they see a spectacular performance ..... especially from Sheed! Go Duke!
Love, Ima
Here's hoping Ima. I feel like they will be more settled for this game. :duke:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 18th, 2013, 11:18 am

IowaDevil wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:The hallway debate is whether we can communicate with dead relatives, and whether or not places can be haunted. :angelic-yellow: :BooGhost:
The consensus seemed to be yes to the second question. The first question devolved into whether a medium was a waste of money and how would one know if they were not. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » January 18th, 2013, 1:03 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
IowaDevil wrote:
The consensus seemed to be yes to the second question. The first question devolved into whether a medium was a waste of money and how would one know if they were not. :9f:

OMG, how do you keep from just busting out laughing? L-) L-)
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 20th, 2013, 9:36 pm

In case anyone ever wondered, singing a solo while sick with a sinus infection is not a great idea. Practicing more probably would've helped. I missed the words in a couple of places and missed an entrance in the middle of the song. oops.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » January 21st, 2013, 7:16 am

Not happy with NFL results = free time in two weeks.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 21st, 2013, 1:06 pm

I'm eligible for an upgrade and have a iPhone 4. Am thinking of upgrading to iPhone 5. Do any of you have experience with the iPhone 5? If so, what are your thoughts?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 21st, 2013, 4:13 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I'm eligible for an upgrade and have a iPhone 4. Am thinking of upgrading to iPhone 5. Do any of you have experience with the iPhone 5? If so, what are your thoughts?
According to the ChangeWave stock newsletter member survey, of which I am a member, 75% of iPhone 5 owners are extremely satisfied, another 22% are very satisfied. That's 97% of users. No other cell phone, smart or otherwise, comes close to that level of owner satisfaction. I wish I had one instead of the Motorola I got last April.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 21st, 2013, 4:34 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I'm eligible for an upgrade and have a iPhone 4. Am thinking of upgrading to iPhone 5. Do any of you have experience with the iPhone 5? If so, what are your thoughts?
According to the ChangeWave stock newsletter member survey, of which I am a member, 75% of iPhone 5 owners are extremely satisfied, another 22% are very satisfied. That's 97% of users. No other cell phone, smart or otherwise, comes close to that level of owner satisfaction. I wish I had one instead of the Motorola I got last April.
I went ahead with the upgrade. Am setting everything up. So far, so good. It's amazing how much lighter it is than my old phone. So far I'm a fan. Biggest complaint in online reviews has been related to battery life, but it doesn't sound like it's that different from what I've experienced with the iPhone 4. The big benefit is lots of improvements over the 4. I have Siri now! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

The old iPhone will likely go to my almost 2-yr-old niece. She likes to play games on her parents' phones, so it will be good for her to have a toy of her very own. My brother-in-law, in particular, has all sorts of educational games on his phone for keeping her entertained. The battery life on my phone is still okay, but the menu button was starting to get a little cranky. Should be just fine for entertaining a toddler.
-- Albert Einstein
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » January 21st, 2013, 11:23 pm

Now that you've already upgraded, my input is -- I LOVE my Iphone 5! Hope you do too! :)
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » January 22nd, 2013, 7:06 am

I don't have an iPhone. When I do get one, relatively soon, for work that will be the time to short AAPL stock.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 22nd, 2013, 8:43 am

Count me in the iPhone 5 group. I am very happy with mine. :duke: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 23rd, 2013, 6:38 pm

I really want to skip choir practice tonight to watch the game. I can claim low-grade fever, and I just feel cruddy. Dare I do it?
-- Albert Einstein