LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by lawgrad91 » January 5th, 2013, 10:39 pm

We've had dramas today. Mom discovered after the game that she had lost a $4000 hearing aid, which caused us to go into a tailspin looking for it.

We found parts of it, in the vacuum cleaner bag from church, where we went to a community breakfast this morning. We (B and me, plus the church pianist's husband, a saint if there ever was one) ended up having to cut the bag open and search each individual clump of dust by hand.

Since then, she won't eat and everything hurts.

If there's Mom vibes to spare, I could use a few. Thanks. :ymhug:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 5th, 2013, 10:46 pm

Sending lots and lots of vibes for you and your mom. :wizard: :wizard: :ymhug:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 5th, 2013, 11:14 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:We've had dramas today. Mom discovered after the game that she had lost a $4000 hearing aid, which caused us to go into a tailspin looking for it.

We found parts of it, in the vacuum cleaner bag from church, where we went to a community breakfast this morning. We (B and me, plus the church pianist's husband, a saint if there ever was one) ended up having to cut the bag open and search each individual clump of dust by hand.

Since then, she won't eat and everything hurts.

If there's Mom vibes to spare, I could use a few. Thanks. :ymhug:
Oh no.

I think you and B need a few hugs and a "poor sweet baby" or two.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » January 6th, 2013, 7:39 am

:ymhug: and :wizard:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » January 6th, 2013, 9:23 am

:wizard: :wizard: for Momma Drama, poor thing. Hopefully it can be replaced and all will be well.

AD - if those were new earings that the stone fell out of, I would something about it. It can't hurt. When your worst case scenario is the one you are already in there is no harm in giving it a shot.

Also, WTA was not violated by telling BarMinion to check it herself. It is actually a lovely way to smack someone down. Here is my answer, here is how i arrived out at...show me the error of my ways is a great tool when properly delivered.
:ymdevil: :ymdevil:

Yarn is on sale today. This could be bad. :D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » January 6th, 2013, 12:41 pm

Oh man - hugs & vibes to Momma Drama! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
And you & the Rev too! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: Isn't it about cruising time for you two?
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
DukePA

Post by DukePA » January 6th, 2013, 1:18 pm

Mega hugs and vibes for peace and quiet to LG family. Hang in there. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
((((((((((((((((((((((((((( ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » January 6th, 2013, 2:20 pm

lawgrad91 - vibes to your mother. Hopefully she is feeling better today.

Her insurance(rental or homeowners) may provide some coverage for the hearing aids. You may want to check with her insurance carrier.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 6th, 2013, 2:51 pm

LG, hugs and vibes for your mom, you and B. I also hope your mom have insurance that will cover the loss. :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 6th, 2013, 7:14 pm

Thanks for the vibes and the good suggestions. After further review, Mom feels like she can hear about as well with one hearing aid as she did with two. She had an appointment with the hearing aid people next week, so maybe she can move it up.

We drop her off in Greensboro with my cousin tomorrow, and he will take her home. Then we drive to RDU and head off for sunnier climes on the Carnival Imagination out of Miami to Cozumel and Key West. This is B's birthday present. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » January 6th, 2013, 8:12 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Thanks for the vibes and the good suggestions. After further review, Mom feels like she can hear about as well with one hearing aid as she did with two. She had an appointment with the hearing aid people next week, so maybe she can move it up.

We drop her off in Greensboro with my cousin tomorrow, and he will take her home. Then we drive to RDU and head off for sunnier climes on the Carnival Imagination out of Miami to Cozumel and Key West. This is B's birthday present. :9f:
Old Ref wants to get on your birthday gift list! :D Have a great time! :)
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 6th, 2013, 8:18 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Thanks for the vibes and the good suggestions. After further review, Mom feels like she can hear about as well with one hearing aid as she did with two. She had an appointment with the hearing aid people next week, so maybe she can move it up.

I'm glad that LawMom is going to be okay.

Have so much fun on your cruise! I'm just a little bit jelly. ;)

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » January 6th, 2013, 8:21 pm

Oh WOW... :-o
Sorry to say this, but my Mom lost her hearing aids the day she was ambulanced to the hospital. She's been having a terrible time trying to make sense of everything we say.
~X(
Beats me what's going on with mothers of CTN posters, lately. :-ss
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 6th, 2013, 8:25 pm

Lavabe wrote:Oh WOW... :-o
Sorry to say this, but my Mom lost her hearing aids the day she was ambulanced to the hospital. She's been having a terrible time trying to make sense of everything we say.
~X(
Vibes to you and your Mom and family, Lavabe. I feel your (auditory) pain. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 6th, 2013, 8:30 pm

LG, please tell B Happy Birthday for me. You two have a wonderful trip!!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 6th, 2013, 8:31 pm

Lavabe wrote:Oh WOW... :-o
~X(
Vibes for your mom too. :wizard: :wizard:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 6th, 2013, 8:49 pm

Mom grew up in Greensboro. Went to unc games when she was in nursing school on occasion. Has ALWAYS pulled for unc. When I went to Duke, she started pulling for Duke and continued to pull for :9f: unless we were playing them.

Tonight she has discovered Tony Bennett. Every time UVA misses a shot, she says "shoot." (She did the same when Butler played :9f: too, after she saw Brad Stevens.)

There's nothing wrong with her eyes....
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 6th, 2013, 9:56 pm

Thank you, Virginia. There is a Santa Claus and he gave us a unc loss to make us smile. :9f: :9f: :9f:
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 6th, 2013, 9:57 pm

Ida, please be careful driving under overpasses for a few days.

I think a lot of people will be jumping off bridges in chappaheya.... :9f:

Thank you, Wahoos.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 6th, 2013, 10:12 pm

IowaDevil wrote:

Old Ref wants to get on your birthday gift list! :D Have a great time! :)
Thank you! :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.