Biden won, it's over --- The Election Thread

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Furniture
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Re: Trump Vs Biden --- The Election Thread

Post by Furniture » August 30th, 2020, 8:27 am

I wonder how long before we here about a Covid infection from the Trump super spreading event at the White House the other night? 5 days? So Tuesday?
If anyone ever tells you they are a stable genius. Get the hell out of there.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 30th, 2020, 9:31 am

Furniture wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 8:27 am
I wonder how long before we here about a Covid infection from the Trump super spreading event at the White House the other night? 5 days? So Tuesday?
Unless POTUS or his family gets it, it won't matter.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
dudog
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by dudog » August 30th, 2020, 9:42 am

I like to learn something new every day, and figure most of you do as well. So I'm linking this article on political sign stealing for its advice on how to protect your yard signs. And the thing I learned?

“Glitter is the herpes of the crafting world”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnb7Kz
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 30th, 2020, 10:45 am

dudog wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 9:42 am
I like to learn something new every day, and figure most of you do as well. So I'm linking this article on political sign stealing for its advice on how to protect your yard signs. And the thing I learned?

“Glitter is the herpes of the crafting world”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnb7Kz
The Party of Law and Order doesn't apply to yard signs. ;)
OPK
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by OPK » August 30th, 2020, 4:13 pm

Portland’s mayor just laid a smack down on Trump right now. Hard to disagree with any of it.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 30th, 2020, 9:47 pm

Furniture wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 8:25 am
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 8:17 am
Furniture wrote:
August 29th, 2020, 11:38 pm

OY?
OY is Over Yonder, the DBR bulletin boards. :) :9f:

Looks like the mods are on vacation there...
Not any more!
vBulletin Message
You have been banned for the following reason:
Partisan commentary

Date the ban will be lifted: 09-01-2020, 12:00 PM
:9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 30th, 2020, 9:48 pm

Somebody please look and see If the post has been removed! :9f: :9f: :9f:

OPK

Post by OPK » August 30th, 2020, 9:59 pm

Still up as of now.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 31st, 2020, 7:11 am

OPK wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 9:59 pm
Still up as of now.
So they banned me but left the post up? Cool! :9f:

OPK

Post by OPK » August 31st, 2020, 7:23 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 7:11 am
OPK wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 9:59 pm
Still up as of now.
So they banned me but left the post up? Cool! :9f:
It was redacted s bit overnight. It is still up but reads:

———
The truest words ever spoken by Trump are "This election will decide the future of the Country".

On to the pressing issue of today, yesterday, two months ago and 300 years ago: Black Lives Matter and systemic racism. I am white, grew up privileged and sheltered from the harshest parts of life. I am a moderate, liberal on some issues and conservative on others and don't support either extreme. I have never considered myself racist - yes, I had a black friend or maybe two as a kid and a few as an adult, and have always considered others as honest, trustworthy and an equal until he or she proved otherwise through their actions, and I'm not talking just about black and white. I never considered myself homophobic, but until I had friends and relatives "come out", I realized I probably was a little bit and didn't want to be, because I liked these people and wanted to continue the normal relationship I had with them, and if two men or two women wanted to get married, that was fine with me. OK, I've digressed. Let me get back on topic.

When John Carlos and Tommy Smith raised their fists on the medal stand in 1968 at the Olympics, I thought "how dumb". When Colin Kaepernick took his knee during the National Anthem, I thought "how dumb" and disrespectful, fire the bum. And lots of other stuff happened, people of color kept getting killed by police and by other white people, and I thought "too bad, that shouldn't have happened" But it didn't sink in and I didn't say or do anything.

And then George Floyd died, on video, with a white cop kneeling on his neck for 8 minutes and 46 seconds with other cops just standing by watching. And the light went on in my head. I understood why Kaepernick kneeled. I understood that true systemic change had to occur - there were, and are, far too many people who are racist, either covert (in the closet) or overt. Too many police are racist, too many judges, too many politicians, too many fiends and neighbors. And then Jacob Blake was shot in the back 7 times as he was getting into his car by another white cop, and it was caught on video. How can this cop be so stupid after all that has happened in the last 3 months? Because he's so racist. That's why.

Peaceful protest is good. Violent riots are terrible, and I believe that most of the violence and looting is intentionally started, provoked by racist anarchist groups who went to the protests to riot, gain publicity and to promote their causes.

If you don't think change needs to happen, that police actions (beating, shooting and killing black people) are justified, then you, my friend, are the problem. (( redacted )) And there are far too many of you. Everywhere, including on this board and even in our tailgate. Please change your mind and your attitude. I'd like to keep you as my friend.

People responded to the video tweets by Duke Mens Basketball of Nolan Smith's, Coach K's and the other players saying they could no longer root for Duke Men's Basketball. Good and good riddance and don't let the door hit you on the I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. on the way out.

As Mike Buckmire's sign so poignantly asked: "Am I next?" I hope no one is next.

(( redacted ))
—————

Even as redacted, a powerful statement Oz. Let us know if your Sporkz are still there when they free you tomorrow!
dudog

Post by dudog » August 31st, 2020, 7:59 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 9:47 pm
Furniture wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Not any more!
vBulletin Message
Partisan commentary

Welcome to the club!
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » August 31st, 2020, 8:07 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Furniture wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Not any more!
vBulletin Message
Partisan commentary

So you were auto-banned? The times I have been dinged I usually at least got a personal note. As a well-respected, long-time poster one would think they would have the decency of doing that. You admittedly pushed the limits with that, but I think they have totally lost control. The mods are all good folks and I feel bad for them. I appreciate being invited to this board where sanity seems to prevail.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 31st, 2020, 9:29 am

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 8:07 am
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Furniture wrote:

Not any more!
vBulletin Message
Partisan commentary

So you were auto-banned? The times I have been dinged I usually at least got a personal note. As a well-respected, long-time poster one would think they would have the decency of doing that. You admittedly pushed the limits with that, but I think they have totally lost control. The mods are all good folks and I feel bad for them. I appreciate being invited to this board where sanity seems to prevail.
That’s what happened with me (personal note after getting dinged). Apparently I offended people by saying it was a bad idea to re-open churches because of the number of Covid-19 clusters centered around churches, then opined that Trump had only declared churches essential to appease his base. Think I also said that he’s gambling with the lives of the very people who support him, but not in those exact words.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 31st, 2020, 10:34 am

How dare you express your honest opinion, Ozzie!
Wheat/“/“/“
I don't know what PWing is.

Post by Wheat/“/“/“ » August 31st, 2020, 12:54 pm

Recently I had a couple of posts removed from DBR. They did not violate any rules, I haven’t gotten any infractions. Just got canceled. It’s so liberal over there there is no discussion, and the mods don’t have the stones to at least tell me what I said that was wrong.

I will tell you what I think and I will do my best to be respectful of everyone’s opinions.

I simply wrote about my belief that for profit news is a huge problem in this country. Media is lying to us to create divisions to drive profits. That’s basically what I said to get deleted. I didn’t attack liberal media, or conservative media, I just said all media seems to be driven by profit goals and not the truth on issues. I stand by that assessment.

I also commented about a post by a obviously liberal poster saying republicans are “posturing” over gun control issues.
I basically said if politicians try to confiscate guns from law abiding citizens, there would be no posturing, only a response.
You can decide for yourself what you think that level of response might be, I didn’t offer my opinion.

When another poster commented he’d heard nothing about democrats wanting gun confiscation, I added a link to a story on VP candidate Harris supporting “mandatory” buy back programs for guns. (RE:Confiscation).
That was deleted as well, but not disputed.

I sent this comment to Jason Evans, who was responsible enough to reply, but the only response I’ve gotten from DBR. He said he was not the one to delete my posts...

“When a person has no response to a challenge of their thought, and just reacts by cancellation of the person making the challenge, It’s time to step back and reassess your position, because you are likely wrong.“

I’m not voting for Trump.

I’m voting for policies that I think will be best for the country and It just so happens that Trump is the candidate of the party that most reflects my views on how to make this a better country.

If you guys want to have a discussion, I’d be happy to try and respond given time. (I’ve been traveling a lot lately).

I only ask that you keep it to one topic at a time. I don’t have time for long detailed replies on several issues at once.

We are probably much closer to what we want for this country than most people expect. We just have different ideas on how we should get there.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 31st, 2020, 1:19 pm

Wheat/“/“/“ wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 12:54 pm
I only ask that you keep it to one topic at a time. I don’t have time for long detailed replies on several issues at once.
That is kind of hard since the race literally changes every single day; what we are commenting about today is likely not to be the forefront issue tomorrow.

That being said, nobody's comments will ever be deleted here, unless something breaks down into a name calling match, and I have faith that we are all above that fray.
Wheat/“/“/“

Post by Wheat/“/“/“ » August 31st, 2020, 1:37 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 1:19 pm
Wheat/“/“/“ wrote:
That is kind of hard since the race literally changes every single day; what we are commenting about today is likely not to be the forefront issue tomorrow.

That being said, nobody's comments will ever be deleted here, unless something breaks down into a name calling match, and I have faith that we are all above that fray.
Ok. What policy would you want my position on?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 31st, 2020, 1:45 pm

Wheat/“/“/“ wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 1:37 pm
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 1:19 pm
Wheat/“/“/“ wrote:

Ok. What policy would you want my position on?
Doesn't matter to me, it's your opinions, share as you choose.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 31st, 2020, 1:58 pm

Joe Biden is delivering an excellent speech calling out Trump, continuously asking "Do you feel safer under Donald Trump?"
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 31st, 2020, 2:10 pm

Wheat/“/“/“ wrote:
Recently I had a couple of posts removed from DBR. They did not violate any rules, I haven’t gotten any infractions. Just got canceled. It’s so liberal over there there is no discussion, and the mods don’t have the stones to at least tell me what I said that was wrong.

I will tell you what I think and I will do my best to be respectful of everyone’s opinions.

I simply wrote about my belief that for profit news is a huge problem in this country. Media is lying to us to create divisions to drive profits. That’s basically what I said to get deleted. I didn’t attack liberal media, or conservative media, I just said all media seems to be driven by profit goals and not the truth on issues. I stand by that assessment.

I also commented about a post by a obviously liberal poster saying republicans are “posturing” over gun control issues.
I basically said if politicians try to confiscate guns from law abiding citizens, there would be no posturing, only a response.
You can decide for yourself what you think that level of response might be, I didn’t offer my opinion.

When another poster commented he’d heard nothing about democrats wanting gun confiscation, I added a link to a story on VP candidate Harris supporting “mandatory” buy back programs for guns. (RE:Confiscation).
That was deleted as well, but not disputed.

I sent this comment to Jason Evans, who was responsible enough to reply, but the only response I’ve gotten from DBR. He said he was not the one to delete my posts...

“When a person has no response to a challenge of their thought, and just reacts by cancellation of the person making the challenge, It’s time to step back and reassess your position, because you are likely wrong.“

I’m not voting for Trump.

I’m voting for policies that I think will be best for the country and It just so happens that Trump is the candidate of the party that most reflects my views on how to make this a better country.

If you guys want to have a discussion, I’d be happy to try and respond given time. (I’ve been traveling a lot lately).

We are probably much closer to what we want for this country than most people expect. We just have different ideas on how we should get there.
Welcome back, and I totally agree with your last statement.

Regarding buyback vs confiscation: it seems to me that these two are very different. Confiscate, to me, implies that officials are going to bust into your house and take all of your guns. Buyback doesn’t have that connotation to me. Under a buyback, you’re at least getting something for the guns - although “mandatory” seems a bit strong for a buyback program.

I’m not a fan of assault rifles being openly available. I have relatives who are police officers, and I’m not a fan of them being readily available.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein